White Widow x Big Bud

85 replies to this topic

#76 jman85

jman85

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

Germination was a problem for me also only 2 out of 10 popped compared to 10 out of 10 of the critical hog I did at the same time and method!

#77 Inspiration101

Inspiration101

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Day 28 of 12/12 with my hunnies, they stretched a lot which was great for filling up the scrog and are now full on into flower, looking in the tent every day I am seeing insane growth.  Probably helped that I lollypopped them during week 2 and they have been getting all the organic nutrients they can drink.
IMG 20140712 080138
IMG 20140712 080236
IMG 20140712 080222
IMG 20140712 080212

Edited by Inspiration101, 17 July 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#78 Inspiration101

Inspiration101

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Crop finished and not impressed.  I would have expected similar to my pineapple chunk crop of 17oz.  The White Widow x Big Bud gave me 12.3oz.

Am pretty peeved off.  It is a reasonable smoke, but then so are most weeds and this one has nothing really special about it, very mediocre.

Don't buy this seed from this breeder.  I will never buy from Female Seeds again now.

Thanks all for the warnings but sometimes you just gotta suck it n see.....well I have and it was a bitter pill.  I expected much more and better.

#79 Female Seeds Team

Female Seeds Team

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

What's been going on here then?!!!

We beg anyone that has any problem with our seeds to get in touch with us straight away, we are only to keen to assist when there is a genuine problem.

I have to add that we have had very few complaints about WWxBB ever since it was introduced in 2009, on the contrary it is an international best-seller. The same parents have been used giving the same genetics for the last 5 years, so the claims that things have changed on our part over the last 2 years are simply not true.

We don't believe in deleting posts (unlike some that do it all the time), if we don't hear from the people that are painting the horror story here then we will be forced to delete the posts.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Female  Seeds

Edited by Female Seeds Team, 15 September 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#80 Gozariean

Gozariean

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

I am still a real noob but i have grown this twice now. I'd say its a really hardy plant, My successful germination rate has been 8/10.

I would agree tho that it is not the best smoke but my yield was over a gram per watt for the first time, 24oz from 3 plants in NFT

I dont think its a strain for the connoisseur but for the new grower i think its a good strain to practice on and it scrogs well

Just my 2 cents

#81 Inspiration101

Inspiration101

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

What's been going on here then?!!!

We beg anyone that has any problem with our seeds to get in touch with us straight away, we are only to keen to assist when there is a genuine problem.

I have to add that we have had very few complaints about WWxBB ever since it was introduced in 2009, on the contrary it is an international best-seller. The same parents have been used giving the same genetics for the last 5 years, so the claims that things have changed on our part over the last 2 years are simply not true.

We don't believe in deleting posts (unlike some that do it all the time), if we don't hear from the people that are painting the horror story here then we will be forced to delete the posts.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Female  Seeds

After mulling it over for a few days you are mostly correct.  However since I *cough* may live in the UK it would be silly of my to kick up a stink with a company that holds my actual address !  I don't know who the people are and how they would take my complaint so to err on the side of caution I prefer to not piss people off who know where I live !  

Please be sure I would piss your customer service agent off as I am pretty peeved at the end result.  I upgraded my setup yet ended up with substantially less, almost like the plants stopped producing buds early or something, I don't know.  I dare say it is pretty easy to blame the grower for the poor result also as there are many factors involved and no matter how reasonable an environment I may believe I have I would imagine any professional would pick holes in what I have to say.  

All I can draw on is my own experience of the fact that with a different breed last crop I got 17 oz but with this one I got 12.3 even though I actually expected more due to grow room upgrades and also the fact it is crossed with big bug - supposedly named for giving bloody good yields.

As there are so many companies in the market selling seeds it is very easy to say I won't be buying from Female Seeds again, however I am happy to let bygones be bygones and not advertise my disapointment at the end result. 

I am currently growing some seeds from the guys who contribute to this fantastic forum, I am beginning to think you cant beat reading the diaries of the parents..... maybe a good marketing hint eh ! Have a link to show the plants parents grow diary and their parents ad infinitum........

#82 Gozariean

Gozariean

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

@Inspiration

My seeds came from Attitude via a PO Box someone i know has so I don't have any worries there, i think!

The strain put up with a lot of noob mistakes and as i said it scrogs well.

While the smoke aint great the price is right for a pack of fem seeds, certainly by comparrison

I'd say its good for a newbie grower but I will be wary now of anything crossed with BB as it will probably suffer on quality.

Respect on your breeding, something which at the moment is way beyond me.

Finally, thanks for the PChunk diaries,i am growing this strain now and they have been helpful.

#83 Inspiration101

Inspiration101

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

@Gozariean 

Thanks, yea gonna enjoy building my diary collection of as many wide and varied breeds as possible, so many to try ! 

#84 Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Everything I like is expensive, illegal or won't txt me back

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11278 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

@Inspiration101 now don't take this personally, although you probably will, but I don't think female seeds genetics had anything to do with your poor yield

#85 Female Seeds Team

Female Seeds Team

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

After mulling it over for a few days you are mostly correct.  However since I *cough* may live in the UK it would be silly of my to kick up a stink with a company that holds my actual address !  I don't know who the people are and how they would take my complaint so to err on the side of caution I prefer to not piss people off who know where I live !  

Please be sure I would piss your customer service agent off as I am pretty peeved at the end result.  I upgraded my setup yet ended up with substantially less, almost like the plants stopped producing buds early or something, I don't know.  I dare say it is pretty easy to blame the grower for the poor result also as there are many factors involved and no matter how reasonable an environment I may believe I have I would imagine any professional would pick holes in what I have to say.  

All I can draw on is my own experience of the fact that with a different breed last crop I got 17 oz but with this one I got 12.3 even though I actually expected more due to grow room upgrades and also the fact it is crossed with big bug - supposedly named for giving bloody good yields.

As there are so many companies in the market selling seeds it is very easy to say I won't be buying from Female Seeds again, however I am happy to let bygones be bygones and not advertise my disapointment at the end result. 

I am currently growing some seeds from the guys who contribute to this fantastic forum, I am beginning to think you cant beat reading the diaries of the parents..... maybe a good marketing hint eh ! Have a link to show the plants parents grow diary and their parents ad infinitum........

As noted, there are many variables involved in growing, no two grows are the same.

Our customer's details are strictly confidential, we would never pass them on, what you are suggesting is beyond ridiculous. 

Who are you working for with this campaign of yours?

#86 Inspiration101

Inspiration101

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

As noted, there are many variables involved in growing, no two grows are the same.

Our customer's details are strictly confidential, we would never pass them on, what you are suggesting is beyond ridiculous. 

Who are you working for with this campaign of yours?

I am not working for anyone or have a campaign of any kind.  I'm sure you are right and all customer details are well looked after, I'm just paranoid.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users