- - - - -

Canna Boost Alternative?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 _Mr.Greengenes_

_Mr.Greengenes_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hi! Well I've been searching around and found a few negative comments about Canna Boost. I don't want to use it any more because of its inflated price. People have commented that you can just use the Canna range without the Boost...but does anyone use Canna, but with a different booster? (Vitalink Buddy for example)

I am using:

Substra Vega, Rhizotonic, Cannazym.

Will use:
Substra Flores, PK 13/14.............booster anyone? :spliff:

#2 MCD

MCD

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Cheapest iv found this is 170 for 5 litres. How much you seen it for

Edited by Owderb, 05 February 2009 - 09:11 PM.

#3 Azzak

Azzak

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

Hi! Well I've been searching around and found a few negative comments about Canna Boost. I don't want to use it any more because of its inflated price. People have commented that you can just use the Canna range without the Boost...but does anyone use Canna, but with a different booster? (Vitalink Buddy for example)

I am using:

Substra Vega, Rhizotonic, Cannazym.

Will use:
Substra Flores, PK 13/14.............booster anyone? :yahoo:

i have used canna boost before with and with out and i found no real gains from using it apart from its speeds flowering up a bit by a week or so i can honestly say though i have found advanced nutes big bud and pk 9-18 and overdrive and final phase to be really good products i would deffo have a look at them you could get away with using just the big bud and pk 9 -18 but i would recommend using the other 2 if your cash and spread that far.

Azz.

#4 TightBud

TightBud

ROCKIN',Aint no stoppin

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5833 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

i'm with Azzak :yahoo:

save your money....there really is no need for overpriced rip off Boost
The ultimate answer to the ultimate question
=============================
PLANTS LOVE LUMENS

Everybody wants to be somebody

#5 _Mr.Greengenes_

_Mr.Greengenes_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:52 AM

Hi Azzak, thanks a lot for that info...but I really just wanted a replacement for Canna Boost that is cheaper and more effective...dunno which one is best from your list to work in conjuntion with Canna nutes without the Boost. I have a page up looking at Big Bud...20 for 1 litre sounds ok, but that depends on how much you get through. (30 litre tank, wilma 4 pot)...but the rest of it looks intruigueing! Of-course with all my Canna stuff I can't need all that...soo which one is best?

I do appreciate the help! :)

#6 916grow

916grow

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:58 AM

I also use all the canna nutes and have stopped using boost due to the price. I have thought about mixing nutes but not to sure as i have heard different opinions on this, ALB 916

#7 choobasmoke

choobasmoke

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

Try house and garden bud XL if you can find it. Same thing.

#8 NICEDREAMS

NICEDREAMS

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

wouldnt bother with the vitalink buddy not a very high p/k ratio

#9 ukcronik

ukcronik

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

hi, i use canna aqua vegga and flores and the booster i use is roxy, allthough i get great results with these i am looking at changing the booster as ive herd worrying things about the rox

#10 _Flushing_green_

_Flushing_green_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

I used to use canna boost but found I get the same results without it. Probably the biggest con in the hydroponic world. I only use nutes and a bit of pk 13/14 when the time is right.

#11 _Mr.Greengenes_

_Mr.Greengenes_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

Thanks ever so much for all the replies: looks like I might try staying as I am. I just made some money...and now I have to spend nearly all of it on a big fan and controller, so I'll be glad to save what I can. The plants are ok for now, doing well.

Thanks again, this is what this site is all about

#12 Azzak

Azzak

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

Mr Green you only use big bud for the first 3 weeks of flower so a 1 ltr bottle should last a couple of grows and the hammerhead pk 9-18 is 1 - 2ml a ltr so with a 30 ltr res like yours @ 2ml a ltr would last 2 grows also the other 2 i mentioned they are not relly needed although i would advise using the overdrive as its works together with big bud and the pk 9-18 ive used these products with canna and got very good results i wouldnt even bother with any other booster or additives apart from these they even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee i know im going to get flamed here for the above statement but i dont care becuase its true and ill stand by it big bud hammerhead and overdrive are exellent products.

#13 xxxxxposed

xxxxxposed

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

I got a small bottle of Boost Accelerator for free when they cocked my order up at the hydro shop...was wondering if it's really worth using or should just stick to Flowering nutes and PK13/14??

Also at what stage/stages should I be using the boost accelerator coz my plants are 19 days in flowering now and how much to use?
BLZBud from Seedism grow 09,AMAZING STRAIN!!!

Blue Cheese grow (from clone) - 08/09 - Cropped and smoked

Big Buddha Blue Cheese Grow - COMPLETE

THE POLICE ARE POLICY ENFORCERS,JUST BECAUSE THE LAW SAYS ITS WRONG DOESNT MEAN IT IS MORALY WRONG!!

#14 _Mr.Greengenes_

_Mr.Greengenes_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

xposed, if you got it for free might as well chuck it in, just don't buy any. It doesn't seem to affect the EC much, but stick to 2ml per litre. And use it from now.

Well Azzak, I'm going to be taking your advice in a few weeks when they are in flower, because I believe you mate! If you get flamed for sharing your experience that would be daft!! (I know, there are idiots that do at times) I thank you sincerely for your time and trouble in sharing your knowledge.

#15 Azzak

Azzak

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

I got a small bottle of Boost Accelerator for free when they cocked my order up at the hydro shop...was wondering if it's really worth using or should just stick to Flowering nutes and PK13/14??

Also at what stage/stages should I be using the boost accelerator coz my plants are 19 days in flowering now and how much to use?

it all depends how big your nutrient tank is and how much you are going to use if you can get away with using the small bottle only without buying anymore id say go for it but if it means buying more aswell id give it a wide birth as it becomes very expensive for such little gains you can use it from the second week of flower but i liked to use it as buds start to form at 2ml per ltr and bang it upto 4ml per ltr from week 5 until flush.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users