• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Merry Green

Merry Green

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

How many plants can you put under a 600w lamp in a sog or scrog. Is there a plant per foot rule or something like that?

Cheers guys

MG
Judge James Pickles, UK:
"Cannabis never killed anybody and it's use is widespread. You can"t stop it. The law defeats itself because all the efforts to stop drugs coming in only drives up the prices and then gangsters move in to push the drugs. If they legalised there wouldn't be gangsters and huge profits...The police are gradually decriminalising the possession of cannabis because they realise there's not much point prosecuting"

I did break the law... I was wrong... drugs are wrong," Jacqui Smith, Home secretary ruining the lives of otherwise law abiding citizens throughout the UK by changing the category back to a B

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, she's "resigning".... Good riddance

#2 widowman11

widowman11

Don't mess with the squirrel

• PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

It all depends on how long you wanna veg for mate :wink:

#3 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27375 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

1-100 if you like

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell

A fool and his money are soon elected

#4 _nigfis_

_nigfis_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

12 square feet @ 50Watts per SqFt = 1 * 600Watt lamp.

:wink:

Edited by nigfis, 23 January 2009 - 07:51 PM.

#5 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

I have a 600W HPS (and MH but check my 2nd diary for details). Each 600W HPS is on a 2 meter linear rail mover. it covers a 1 meter by 2 meter tray filled with 21 flowering plants in a SOG grow.

Edited by Randalizer, 23 January 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#6 lazi

lazi

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3539 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Please think hard before doing sog, the plant numbers are scary. You can get about as much yield doing a scrog for the price of running a veg light.

These days an hps covers 4 x 4 quite well, 16sft @ 6 plants psf = 96 as opposed to 4 or 5 plants with a scrog.

#7 SpooonS

SpooonS

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

6 plants per square foot?????? thought the norm for sog was roughly 1 plant per square foot!!!! being 16 plants in a 1.2 x 1.2

#8 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

4 x 4 quite well, 16sft @ 6 plants psf = 96

:smoke: I would love to see a picture of that!

Edited by Randalizer, 23 January 2009 - 08:56 PM.

#9 lazi

lazi

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3539 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

6 plants per square foot?????? thought the norm for sog was roughly 1 plant per square foot!!!! being 16 plants in a 1.2 x 1.2

The actual definitions are blurred. sog used to be little or no veg time, a week at most which I doubt is enough for 1 plant per square foot.

Some experienced soggers reckon a half ounce per plant is the sign that you know what you're doing. That's 3oz psf 8 times a year, easy to see why the authorities penalise higher numbers.

iirc, the guru pH got 0.91 grams per watt per month using a modular scrog at 1 plant per square foot. The 12/12 stretch was what filled the screen rather than veg time.

In practice, it's newer growers that focus the most on yield, after 5 years or so many get sick of being chained to the grow or only toking heavy yielders. Lets' say you are ok for space and by chance hit on an easy peasy grow method that suits your lifestyle perfectly but it doesn't yield that great, neither does your favourite strain. You run an extra light to account for the yield drop and you get what you want plus an easy life for about a quid a day extra.

If space is limited then that's a different problem.

#10 SpooonS

SpooonS

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

just cant see how you can get 6 plants(even at only 24" tall or 12" for that matter) in 1 square foot, just cant see it as all!!!!!

#11 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

just cant see how you can get 6 plants(even at only 24" tall or 12" for that matter) in 1 square foot, just cant see it as all!!!!!

:alien2:

Pictures or it never happened.

#12 ReverendRFB

ReverendRFB

Poli High, (Technical)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:35 AM

hmm I have a 400w light in a 4x4 area and I have .... um... lots!
I have I have 15 mature plants (26-30") 9 immature plants (clones) and 20 seedlings all crammed into the same tight little space. Its tight... but it all fits.
when its all setup right, its just like one 4x4 canopy of leaves.

Now, this is not a very good setup for most things I'm doing (or anyone else for that matter).. and its crowded because I thus far am only using one light. I'd prefer to have a seperate light for vegging and flowering.. which would allow more space in between the plants.
Ideally.. I'd prefer to have enough space in between my plants for no leaves to touch themselves.. or 10-12 " in between pots.
..."The Sigma Strikes Again!!".......

Which came first- The Weed... or the Seed?
"Waiting for the time when I can finally say..'This has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way..' "

I love Trainwreck

#13 lazi

lazi

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3539 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

:rofl:

Pictures or it never happened.

Will 16 plants per square foot do instead? Not my cup of tea but each to their own.

[removed]

Doesn't feel right lifting someone elses pic so just posted the link. Not sure on site rules so changed http to hxxp.

Edited by Hipgnosis, 27 December 2010 - 04:46 AM.

#14 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

wow. My apologies for doubting you lazi.

So, if my quick skim serves me right, he is getting a whopping 7 grams per plant. Idk, I kinda like my way where I get 45 grams per plant (dry bud weight) per plant and I can reach between all the plants, air can move and there is enough compost to make watering easy.

The point I'm getting here is that SOG can be many different things. It doesn't have to be the way you described below, as my own grow diary shows.

Please think hard before doing sog, the plant numbers are scary. You can get about as much yield doing a scrog for the price of running a veg light.

These days an hps covers 4 x 4 quite well, 16sft @ 6 plants psf = 96 as opposed to 4 or 5 plants with a scrog.

#15 _bobbert_

_bobbert_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

4 plants , just under 1meter squared , scrog.
about 6 weeks veg from very small clones.

ive got 2 meters squared under two 600 watt hps. 4 plants under each laamp but one side didnt take very well.
these are pics of the good side.

if you arnt in a hurry you dont need that many plants at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users