#31 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9811 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

make and use!
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#32 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3746 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:05 AM

One last question about catalyst OT1, if you don't mind. I'm planning on using it for my AACT but noticed you stated it can inhibit the growth of some species of bacteria/fungi, hence the reason why it is added towards the end of the essence brewing process. So, similarly, can it inhibit the growth of some species of the bacteria or fungi present in the worm casts I'll be using to brew my AACT? Should I add it at the end of the brew, just before I use it as a foliar spray on my NFT plants (I'm not in soil at the moment)?

Edited by Artificial Emotion, 23 September 2010 - 04:06 AM.

#33 ramblingmadman

ramblingmadman

seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

quick query .
At what point in a seedlings life do you think i could start to use catalyst (v diluted) .

Is this a good idea?
or do i run the risk of hurting the plants??

does anyone do this?
and if so what dilution do you use?

cheers all
ram
more p'lice , more guns,but there's no more weed.....so please-grow them trees.
"To see the priority of love and well-being breaking down silly barriers put up by foolish men."
Cognitive liberty for all

#34 herbivore

herbivore

Hemisphere of Haze..

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

I tend to use it when the plants stall or look like they need a perk up...

Have used it as early as 10 days from seed but then realised that they were just quick needing a pot up but it didn't harm em..... :badass:

eta: think i used just 1ml/litre.....

Edited by herbivore, 21 January 2011 - 11:57 AM.

Kandy Kush, White Widow, Pineapple Express, Exile, Vanilla Kush, Sourcream, Sharksbreath, Blueberry Gum.

The only thing addictive about Cannabis is growing it....

If we are considered a Christian Nation then why do laws exist that punish a person for the cultivating and harvesting of God's creations.....

#35 Monkey Tennis

Monkey Tennis

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

How often are you supposed to use catalyst? I've read through many of the threads, did a huge amount of searching. I've got info on dosage but not frequency?

Some people seem to only use it when potting up? Is that correct? I'm thinking of alternating feeds with bio-silicon and catalyst, does this sound like a good plan?

I just can't seem to get a handle on whether it's an occasional or frequent thing to use?

Cheers

#36 lazaru

lazaru

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

How often are you supposed to use catalyst? I've read through many of the threads, did a huge amount of searching. I've got info on dosage but not frequency?

Some people seem to only use it when potting up? Is that correct? I'm thinking of alternating feeds with bio-silicon and catalyst, does this sound like a good plan?

I just can't seem to get a handle on whether it's an occasional or frequent thing to use?

Cheers

ive been watering in till just get run off with catalyst then watering in the next day with bio silicon till just get run off then follwing wet dry cycle but i let my pots really dry out before repeating with the catalyst /bio silicon .ive been using the catalyst at 0.75 per litre and my plants are super healthy ...what did i ever do before plant magic oh yes biobizz and had problem after problem

Edited by lazaru, 12 January 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#37 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

is it not ok to mix the bio silicon and catalyst together in the one feed?

Sawney Beans Highland Ganja

The Cannabis Chronicles

vince noir rock n roll star "your own weed is always the best weed no matter who you are ..just because it didnt agree or rather someonelse didnt like it should matter not one iota dude ..judging is subjective depending on judges tastes ..im sure you dont like some peoples weed and love others ..you let no one down ."

#38 L'Emmerdeur

L'Emmerdeur

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5314 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

is it not ok to mix the bio silicon and catalyst together in the one feed?

OT1's method is to feed one day and drench with the bio silicon the next.

I personally just mix the bio silicon in with my main feed at 0.5ml/l and it works just fine for me.

#39 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

brilliant L'Emmerdeur, thanks pal :guitar:

Sawney Beans Highland Ganja

The Cannabis Chronicles

vince noir rock n roll star "your own weed is always the best weed no matter who you are ..just because it didnt agree or rather someonelse didnt like it should matter not one iota dude ..judging is subjective depending on judges tastes ..im sure you dont like some peoples weed and love others ..you let no one down ."

#40 L'Emmerdeur

L'Emmerdeur

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5314 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Just bear in mind that the bio-silicon will react with the other nutrients and beneficials and cause them to flocculate.

Make sure you dilute the catalyst in water before you add the silicon, if you decide use them together.

#41 Pumpkin Head

Pumpkin Head

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

Cheers

From reading about other seaweed extracts, like Maxicrop etc, people seemed to use them every 7-10 days so I do that. I don't think you will do any harm adding to every watering though, using sparingly that is.

#42 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

How far in to flowering is it ok to use this? Also when I mix this up in my watering can (I usually put the catalyst first then fill it up with water from the shower head) sometimes theres a few small blobs of congealed catalyst sitting at the bottom. Does anyone else get it or am I not mixing it enough?
He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man.

#43 snatch

snatch

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2433 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

How far in to flowering is it ok to use this? Also when I mix this up in my watering can (I usually put the catalyst first then fill it up with water from the shower head) sometimes theres a few small blobs of congealed catalyst sitting at the bottom. Does anyone else get it or am I not mixing it enough?

water first mate then the catalyst, the thing is with plant magic nutes ya need to put them in separately and only mix as and when you need them as they like ya said go all funny

catalyst i take out wen switch to 12/12

Edited by waldo, 23 May 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#44 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

water first mate then the catalyst, the thing is with plant magic nutes ya need to put them in separately and only mix as and when you need them as they like ya said go all funny

catalyst i take out wen switch to 12/12

Cheers mate, will give it a try next watering.
He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man.

#45 boabbee

boabbee

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

can i use catalyst on my seedling as i am using bio silcon just now 0.5ml per litre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users