#1 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

plant_magic_catalyst_4_web.jpg

Plant Magic CATALYST is a 30% concentrate, 100% organic seaweed extract.

CATALYST will aid you to grow stronger, healthier plants, fruit and vegetables. Regular use will improve resistance to stress and diseases.

Using CATALYST will ensure your plants benefit from the following:

Stimulated plant growth
Increased resistance to diseases
Promoted biological activity in the soil
Providing an available source of micronutrients*
Encouraged strong root development
Increased chlorophyll production

During the extraction process NO solvents or chemicals are used, ensuring that the end product remains intact and 100% organic.

Directions: Shake well before use. Add the required amount to water and mix thoroughly. Apply using watering can or sprayer.

Foliar: Mix at the rate of 3ml per litre of water thoroughly wetting leaves.

Young Plants: Mix at the rate of 3ml per litre of water

Mature Plants: Mix at the rate of 3ml 5ml per litre of water.

*Vitamins A, B1, B2, B12, C, D, E, K Riboflavin, Niacin, Choline.
Carotyne and Pathothenic acid.
Trace Elements include B, Co, Cu, F, I, Fe, Mg, Mn, Mo, Ni, Sr, S, Zn
Amino betains
Auxins, Gibberellins, Cytokinin
Amino acids such as Alanine, Valine, Glycine, Isoleucine, Serinine & Tyrosine

This product can be purchased from many local retailers including Greens Horticulture

#2 -=DrGreenThumb=-

-=DrGreenThumb=-

Natural Mystic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3863 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the product mate, cant wait to see how people get on using your stuff! The more products available the better for us lot!

I'm just wondering if yourself or any other members can give any feedback on how this compares to "Maxicrop Seaweed Extract"?
The reason I ask is because for a liter of 'Maxicrop Seaweed Extract' your looking at about 6 but for a liter of "Plant Magic CATALYST" your talking about 45

So I'm just wondering, what makes "Catalyst" so special that it warrants spending the extra 40?

Thanks in advance!

:guitar:

#3 *BANG*

*BANG*

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

yeah,ditto :wink:

#4 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

Been waiting ages for all this gear, especially the essence, to go mobile. Nice one.

I do just want to add to the above though (after checking the price) 45 a litre?!
What's the difference between this and Maxicrop etc to warrant the price difference?

Edited by papaduc, 13 January 2009 - 01:43 AM.

#5 eurasian_farmer

eurasian_farmer

Still Vapin'

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

45 a litre?!
What's to warrant the price

#6 I Zimbra

I Zimbra

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

what stops it stinking? not all things are organic just because it passes the regs
"Booze!" he shouted. at first I didn't know what he meant. I watched the massive hog breasting through the grass. "Holly Christ," he said "Thats Booze."

#7 I Zimbra

I Zimbra

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

45 a litre?!

Wow! 45 bucks! Missed that bit, well sounds like greed to me
"Booze!" he shouted. at first I didn't know what he meant. I watched the massive hog breasting through the grass. "Holly Christ," he said "Thats Booze."

#8 -=DrGreenThumb=-

-=DrGreenThumb=-

Natural Mystic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3863 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

45 a litre?!

Wow! 45 bucks! Missed that bit, well sounds like greed to me

Just to clarify, you don't have to buy a liter, he does other bottles also!

125ml for 7.50
250ml for 13

lol

#9 I Zimbra

I Zimbra

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

Bargain!....

#10 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9815 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

I was given a sample to try, have not got round to it yet, from what I have been told, its water extracted, not chemically extracted, this is said to keep all the active ingredients intact and preserved in more or less their original natural forms where they are most effective, its ph is 4.6 much as the seaweed is in nature.

Its manufacture is very expensive, original maxicrop which I currently use is an 8% solids alkaline seaweed extraction ph 7.6, this product is a 30% solids extraction, if you want to compare it, its more like Nitrozyme as a parallel type product, not sure on this but I think this may be a little more concentrated.

Thats all I know, sorry if its not much to add, I'll report back once I've given it a test and see what I think of it.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#11 -=DrGreenThumb=-

-=DrGreenThumb=-

Natural Mystic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3863 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

I was given a sample to try, have not got round to it yet, from what I have been told, its water extracted, not chemically extracted, this is said to keep all the active ingredients intact and preserved in more or less their original natural forms where they are most effective, its ph is 4.6 much as the seaweed is in nature.

Its manufacture is very expensive, original maxicrop which I currently use is an 8% solids alkaline seaweed extraction ph 7.6, this product is a 30% solids extraction, if you want to compare it, its more like Nitrozyme as a parallel type product, not sure on this but I think this may be a little more concentrated.

Thats all I know, sorry if its not much to add, I'll report back once I've given it a test and see what I think of it.

Thanks OT!

Cant wait to see how you get on and any further info Webby can provide us with! A product potentially better than Maxicrop certainly will be a gem for us lot!

Sorry if this is a stupid question OT but is Maxicrop is chemically extracted and if so is that normal procedure for SA approved organic product? Thanks in advance!

lol

#12 _The Sheriff_

_The Sheriff_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

Heya , not sure on the Maxicrop is chemically extracted bit , but its certainly normal for our own Rhs to certify products that are not organic , be it to suit the requirements of farms or the older products mislabeld , i heard on my travels that Maxicrop is soon to be no more , has anybody head anything in this ? .

#13 Randalizer

Randalizer

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23738 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

Are any of these products available in the states yet?

wheeeeeeeeee! :ouch: post 3800 for me! :wink:

Edited by Randalizer, 19 January 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#14 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

Just because chemicals are used to process a product it does not mean that that they are present in the finished product, maxicrop has organic certification, although we believe some of the potassium in it is from residuals from the treatment to make the extract and not the natural seaweed.

Bear in mind that manufacturing technique is important in its effect on the final product. Alkaline extraction requires the use of higher temperatures and chemical inputs, this could affect the active ingredients it also results in a product with a much higher pH value.

We looked for a product that retained as far as possible all the seaweed ingredients, in their natural proportions, that these were extracted without damaging them. Catalyst contains the natural balance of everything the living seaweed contained concentrated several times, it has all the soluble elements in seaweed as well as 30% of weight by volume of seaweed solids, it is a complete natural product.

As a note, In the horticultural trade acidic buffering agents are sold to help absorption of foliar nutrient sprays.

Catalyst is a good alternative, the addition of as low as 1:2000 up to 1:1000 in a fertiliser, fungicide or insecticide mix will assist their foliar uptake and absorption, adding a small jollop of Bio-Wetter makes it perfect.

Are any of these products available in the states yet?

Randalizer gius a chance mate! We are a little Brit start up company trying to get on our feet in a time of trading-banking chaos.

#15 I Zimbra

I Zimbra

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Well good luck with your venture, I hope it's a good one for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users