#1 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

plant_magic_boost_4_web.jpg

BOOST is a powerful bio stimulant used to increase the activity of beneficial microorganisms resulting in increased nutrient availability and soil bioactivity.

Using BOOST as a soil drench will change the physical structure of the medium turning it into a crumb like texture, this is important as it allows water and oxygen to move freely through the medium preventing stagnation and reducing the conditions to which fungal pathogens can occur.

You will benefit from the following when using BOOST:

•Explosive top end growth
•Increased root development
•Increased stress tolerance
•Reduction of nutrient leaching
•Increased Cation Exchange Capacity
•Increased nutrient absorption

Humic acid has a high Cation Exchange Capacity which acts as a reservoir for nutrients and micronutrients; this will improve the availability of the crucial elements to the plant.

Directions for use:

Foliar applications: 1ml per litre water
Soil Drench: 1ml – 2ml per litre of water.

WARNING: when using as a soil drench DO NOT add any other nutrient or additive as this could result in over fertilisation of your plants.

BOOST can be purchased from your local retailer as well as Greens Horticulture

Edited by plantmagic, 12 January 2009 - 08:37 PM.

#2 *BANG*

*BANG*

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

when it's stated not to use Boost in conjuction with any other nutrient,do they mean for the whole of the grow or just on the administration of boost (as in dont mix anything at the same time as using boost but it's ok to use your other nutrients in the following watering?).looking forward to your reply.peace :wink:

#3 oddjob

oddjob

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

Hi guys

i got some of this free when i ordered some essence from webby a couple months ago or so. only thing was i was a bit late on to use it on that crop. just about to flower my current crop so my question is this- when would be best to use it (didn't get any real instructions for the boost when it got delivered)

thanks muchly

oddjob.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool" William Shakespeare.

"Come in peace- or lose your teeth" Lenny Mclean.

A man once said to me "If you're not getting knocked back in some way, shape or form at least twice a week- then you just aint trying"

#4 oddjob

oddjob

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

just to bump it abit- any ideas folks? lol
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool" William Shakespeare.

"Come in peace- or lose your teeth" Lenny Mclean.

A man once said to me "If you're not getting knocked back in some way, shape or form at least twice a week- then you just aint trying"

#5 Nausicca

Nausicca

Grinning madly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1810 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

I assume Webby will be along at some point to add a bit t all these threads to answer questions. Patience :yinyang:

#6 Lennon

Lennon

Blinded by the lights

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4546 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

WARNING: when using as a soil drench DO NOT add any other nutrient or additive as this could result in over fertilisation of your plants.

Can you use this on vegging plants 2/6 weeks old as when they get potted up there's fresh nutes available to the little'un's.

Will it burn them?
A fresh start and new beginning

R.I.P Shannon Larratt 29/09/1973 - 15/03/2013

#7 _hantshaze_

_hantshaze_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

no need for it.

#8 Lennon

Lennon

Blinded by the lights

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4546 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

no need for it.

Why?

BOOST is a powerful bio stimulant used to increase the activity of beneficial microorganisms resulting in increased nutrient availability and soil bioactivity.

If Im using granules on each pot up would they not benefit from using the boost?

#9 _hantshaze_

_hantshaze_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

no need for it.

Why?

If Im using granules on each pot up would they not benefit from using the boost?

So does bio heaven. Nice sales pitch though !

#10 Lennon

Lennon

Blinded by the lights

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4546 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

Im not being funny mate,but do you even know what your talking about because you haven't really answered the question.It seems like you posting for the sake of it.......

I'll wait for proper response me thinks :guitar:

#11 _hantshaze_

_hantshaze_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

All I,m saying is that there are other products that do the same. Not trying to be funny mate.
hantshaze..

Edited by hantshaze, 19 February 2009 - 03:01 PM.

#12 Lennon

Lennon

Blinded by the lights

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4546 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

Can you use this on vegging plants 2/6 weeks old as when they get potted up there's fresh nutes available to the little'un's.

Will it burn them?

Anyone using the boost for vegging plants?

#13 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

Anyone using the boost for vegging plants?

Lennon, Boost has humates, fulvates, plant extracts and sapinons in its make up, Its fine for seedlings and young cuttings, I would use at 1 ml per 2 litres, yes it makes nutrients more available, it should not be a problem with the base fertilisers in compost. It can really become a problem if used mixed with chemical salt fertilisers, it makes them quickly available to the plants, so its not hard to over do it and get nutrient overload.

It can be used with chemical hydro but at very low amounts in the reservoir, I would start at 1 ml to 50 litres and see how it goes.

Where I think it excels, is it stimulates and feeds the micro heard and really helps the spores in the granules get established in the root medium.

Oddjob I can only say how I use it. Its good for establising the micro heard of both essence as a drench [they can be mixed by adding some towards the end of the brew period] and helping getting the spores in the granules going, I use 1 ml per 2 litres of water at this stage. It is good for watering in the plants at each potting on, it really speed their establishment. A drench after going 12/12 before the first feed seems to help as well, personally I don’t use it once into flowering.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#14 Lennon

Lennon

Blinded by the lights

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4546 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

Just the info I was after cheers OT1 :yep:

:spliff:

#15 chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

The deeper I go, the more knowledge I know

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2418 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

I got a freebie of this product a while ago when I first ordered some essence, however I had only started using it this grow, I have been using in a manor similar to that which OT describes and I've got to say this stuff is the business particularly after repotting. Much, much better than that Superthrive crap
Smile & Blue Satellite 2.2 X OG Kush
Celestial Temple With Noname

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong” - Voltaire
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users