GreenNinja

TheLunaticIsOnTheGrass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:54 AM

Is that in Coco?

Yep. In coco we trust lol

GN
My Diaries: (1) MiniSogging it, 1gm/watt (2) Multistrain inc. KS, OT, Straw Bubba, SSSDH, Santa Maria, Blue Cheese
Cannaplanna - an excel grow tracker...free, macro free and 100% safe. Plan your grows so that you're never without

#62 bizzaro

bizzaro

Do ya thang man,..fuck wat they lookin at!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14524 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

GN..,wicked shots man.
good to actualy see it workin so to speak.. :yinyang:
Drill sergant 'the club' LS11 chapter
'you are not what you own'..I Mckaye

#63 Yamatoka

Yamatoka

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

I'm growing in playgron soil using optimum grow and vitalink bloom nutes. I use epsoms and molasses. Can I use the granules with these nutes or does yr grow have to be organic ? :yinyang:

#64 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9810 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

Whats the difference between granules and rootgrow which i use?

I already answered this question here!

If you read all of this topic you will understand the subject more fully.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#65 The pimple

The pimple

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:50 AM

I am very tempted to buy some granules but am confused about how expensive it actually is in use.

Amounts needed at each pot up range from 'A light dusting' to 'A Healthy dose'. Neither give me any idea of how long a 350g pot is likely to last. :wink:

I know it isn't an exact science but please could someone tell me approximately how many grams are needed for each dose.

Thanks in advance

#66 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

Hi there,

Applications of use does vary rather dramatically from grower to grower. Some clients tell me that their customers will see a 350g tub do 12 plants in final 11 litre square pots where as others may get 20 or so.

All I can say is that the more you add the quicker it gets to work for you. Yes, in all fairness a small dose would be sufficient to inocculate, this may not be as rapid as say a larger dose. On shrubs etc then a small dose would only be required as these live outdoors for years, however, for people growing on a short cycle then a bit more may need to be added to speed things along a bit and to see the benefits more quickly and rapidly.

As for the grams of use it is hard to say, different root balls, pot sizes etc all have to be taken in to consideration.

Sorry this has not been more clearer, maybe someone who has experimented with different plants may be able to suggest what they have used.

Best of luck

:yinyang:

#67 10aday

10aday

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:54 AM

I use Trichoderma Powder so would I be better off using this instead of or with Trichoderma Powder? Also are these granules ok to use with Enzyme type products like Cannazym?
Pineapple Express Diary - http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=204525

#68 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9810 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:26 AM

I use Trichoderma Powder so would I be better off using this instead of or with Trichoderma Powder? Also are these granules ok to use with Enzyme type products like Cannazym?

Granules already contain several varieties of trichodermas, you could add more I suppose, granules also contains nitrogen fixing, phosphate mining, yeasts that feed other beneficial fungi and bacteria as well as endo and ecto mychorrizal species.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#69 10aday

10aday

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

Nice one, cheers matey. I'll be buying these for the next grow as am too broke at the moment. I'll use them both as I dont think I can over-bacteria them....famous last words.
Pineapple Express Diary - http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=204525

#70 ramblingmadman

ramblingmadman

seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3790 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

ive just got granules for the first time , but have recently potted up into final pots .
I know this should be used AT potup time , but is there any way I can use some on plants Already potted up , ie make a root drench?, make small holes in the compost and add granules into the holes??

any advice 'd be very welcome.
I hope I don't just have to wait til next time.
Cheers
geeeep
more p'lice , more guns,but there's no more weed.....so please-grow them trees.
"To see the priority of love and well-being breaking down silly barriers put up by foolish men."
Cognitive liberty for all

#71 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9810 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Granules already contain several varieties of trichodermas, you could add more I suppose, granules also contains nitrogen fixing, phosphate mining, yeasts that feed other beneficial fungi and bacteria as well as endo and ecto mychorrizal species.

Do you know if neem cake would be detrimental to the Trichodermas OT1,
was planning to use the cake for the fungas gnats which
always come supplied with JAB with JI lol

did ask the supplier( Mistry) but he refered me back
to his supplier , also emailed a company in India,
no reply as yet.

I use Mistry's neem for fungus gnats, in fact I popped into his shop only the other day for a new tub. I've not seen any detrimental effects. I know neemcake helps and supports most soil microlife, I think it unlikely it would harm trichodermas.

What was his supplier name?

ive just got granules for the first time , but have recently potted up into final pots .
I know this should be used AT potup time , but is there any way I can use some on plants Already potted up , ie make a root drench?, make small holes in the compost and add granules into the holes??

any advice 'd be very welcome.
I hope I don't just have to wait til next time.
Cheers
geeeep

Its best used when potting on from a small rootball dusting the roots on the surface of the ball.

You can get some inoculation by making holes with a pencil and dropping a tiny pinch of granules down each hole. I mean a tiny pinch not filling the hole with granules, that would be a total waste.
Q. how do i make seeds?

#72 ramblingmadman

ramblingmadman

seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3790 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

thank you sir,
i shall try the pencil trick, im glad to have a chance to use it this time around
cheers again
geeeep
more p'lice , more guns,but there's no more weed.....so please-grow them trees.
"To see the priority of love and well-being breaking down silly barriers put up by foolish men."
Cognitive liberty for all

#73 m2jlv II

m2jlv II

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hello plant magic

i just potted up from small pots to final 6l pot so i put some batmix in first couple of inches then a nice layer of granules,,then another couple of inches of batmix with another layer of granules,,,then put plant in and granules round the hole.

will that be alright or have i over done it a bit,,used bout half big tub of granules in 8 pots all the same.

thanks

#74 Amnesia

Amnesia

"If it aint green then it aint me"

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4117 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

I've heard less is better with the granules, only a sprinkling on the rootball is needed for it to do its job. I don't suppose too much will harm it anyhows.
Cannot wait to try these granules on my next grow. :yep:

#75 erbivore9

erbivore9

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2494 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

Only a couple of sprinkles for me and the difference was more than a little noticable on the next pot up, more may be even better but a little seems to go a long way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users