233 replies to this topic

#16 Snoffle

Snoffle

research chocolatier

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1828 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

On my wanted list is Essence and an air pump/stone ... and the Essence starter kit with pump/stone is cheaper than the pump/stone kit I was thinking of buying. Cool!

Good luck to Webby/PlantMagic! From what I've read you've got a winner set of products here.

#17 joe hawkins

joe hawkins

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

Can i just ask what advantages this has over Rootgrow?

E2a:- Well done mate on getting these products up for sale, good luck but i doubt you'll need it i'm sure there going to be a big hit :soap:

Asked the same question myself, Rootgrow has always done me proud, as my sig says if it isnt broke dont mend it, but saying that if its a far superior product I could be tempted.
Joe

#18 _The Sheriff_

_The Sheriff_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

Heya um it says it first line

Granules is a granular innoculant made up of Mycorrhiza, bio-stimulants and over 20 strains of microorganisms

, Mycorrhiza being basically the root grow .

#19 Nausicca

Nausicca

Grinning madly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1810 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

Do the granules (the Mycorrhiza), work in all types of soil? Loam, peat etc?

I seem to remember OT1 saying you could only cultivate a microherd in some types of soil.

#20 famileguy

famileguy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Can't wait to try some of this stuff myself , any idea when greens will have it available ?.

ive been using this stuff for over a month now from local gc, and i rekon its preetty good im sure to keep usinhg it in the future, a definite up on health.
Don't gain the world and lose your soul.wisdom is greater than silver or gold.

#21 Danklord

Danklord

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Do the granules (the Mycorrhiza), work in all types of soil? Loam, peat etc?

I seem to remember OT1 saying you could only cultivate a microherd in some types of soil.

Yeah, OT1 told me that the more loam you have in your soil the longer they live. The reverse is true for peat.

#22 DoctorD

DoctorD

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

just wondering if all the benefical bact. and fungi will get killed using multip. compost (salt fert in it...)???

anyone know?

DD
;)

#23 _dpn_

_dpn_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

DoctorD high levels of salt will kill the good micro flora in soil... but if you start feeding with molasses (or a good carbohydrate source) and go organic you could introduce good life...

sorry if this has been answered but whats the difference between granules and the essence? granules = better application for soil?

#24 DoctorD

DoctorD

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

DoctorD high levels of salt will kill the good micro flora in soil... but if you start feeding with molasses (or a good carbohydrate source) and go organic you could introduce good life...

sorry if this has been answered but whats the difference between granules and the essence? granules = better application for soil?

i'm not feeding salt ferts, but the multip. compost has already some with it.. witch will be used up in about 2 weeks from potting up, so i lead to believe..

but since it is in there for that long, will that counteract the granules effect?

essence has different ingredience..
granules has soil living organisms..

correct me if i'm wrong please..

Thanks

DD

:yinyang:

#25 Cambium

Cambium

Cellular

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6619 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

Fantastic root growth. Top product. Cheers PM

Flowers
Refined
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

#26 _dpn_

_dpn_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

you could flush maybe? if thats necessary? maybe add some rock dust to the compost first so the goodies will have some food.

#27 semtex

semtex

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:37 AM

I use bio-bizz allmix with a bit of rockdust and calcified seaweed mixed in, would the granules be beneficial to my soil mix?
>>BANG<<

Smoke it in a rizla, smoke it in a pipe...smoke it any damn way you like

Lots of Roots = Lots of Zoots

#28 The Villan

The Villan

I got me own Troll :)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7285 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:00 AM

After looking at the plant magic items, all 6 of them, does anyone use them all in their watering schedule ?
This hobby seems to be getting like my other hobby, photography.... always something bloomin new to have a go with.

#29 hedgejumper

hedgejumper

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

Hi all, Just been reading about PM's products but as im planning on guerilla-ing it this year im think of using it when starting the plants off but is it worth me mixing it with the soil at the sites or would it be better to dig a hole and sprinkle the granules inside before putting the plant there?

Looks like top stuff mate! Keep it up and all the best for setting up a business in these turbulant times! Well, at least you'll always have a market for your products regardless of legislation/doom and gloom!!
1st ever grow! @ http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=127854

2nd ever grow! (2009) @ http://www.uk420.com...w...173377&st=0

As the bonfires of knowledge burn brighter, increasing darkness is revealed before our startled eyes.......

#30 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Been using some of these products for several years I first reported on them in 07 here! Ok back then it was going to be called rootmagic and now its named granules.

Iíve told plant magic Iíll answer the odd question if I know the answer Iíll chip in to help out a bit until he gets more time.

hedgejumper, I think the granules work best if they come into direct contact with live roots, so a quick dust of granules on to the root ball when you plant out, or a dust in the planting hole so the granules come into direct contact with the roots when planting, will get your plants off to a good start and inoculate the new roots as they grow into the surrounding soil.

The Villain, inoculating with the granules, is the place to start. Try it and see how it goes.

semtex the granules work well with allmix, the premix and worm compost in it make a good environment for the micro heard to thrive, adding pock dust and calcified seaweed just help more in supporting the micro heard.

As a general comment while mycorrhizals work in symbiosis with roots, they need a soil/compost that they can help the plant with, so they are not much good with pure peat compost that only have chemical salt fertilisers as nutrients. Pure peat composts are like a desert, pretty much a dead medium, the fungi an bacteria spores in the granules have nothing to work with. Adding worm compost, rock dust and manure products start to bring it alive, as do humates and fulvates.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users