Photo

essence

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

#421 _bud_boi_

_bud_boi_
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

If anyone is strapped for cash (like i was at the time)and cant afford a wetting agent like PMs ... I can recommend some stuff called Agar-agar it has other names but cant think of them at this moment in time.

This stuff is gelatine for vegans and works a treat as a wetting agent for foliar feeds aswell as essence, its like 2 for 150gs or something like that, i got mine from fleabay but most supermarkets/healthfood stores should sell it.

It is 100% organic and shouldnt mess up the micro organisms in the essence but i am not 100% sure on this, waiting on Oldtimer1s opinions on it ;) :spliff: .

BB

#422 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9786 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

Sorry been pretty busy, the last two pictures tell much more.

I'm not sure that your problem is not bacterial rather than fungal, its unlike any leaf fungal disease I've come across on cannabis before.

Thing is that if the essence halts further spread, its just a matter of regular spraying.

If essence makes no difference then you may need to try chemical treatments, which I assume you do not what to do.

bud_boi I have heard of useing Agar as a soil wetting agent, no idea how it would work a a folia spreader or if it would build up with repeated use blocking the stomata, indoors there is no rain to wash the leaves.

I know its used with added nutrients and hormones for micro propagation, so it has to be plant friendly, I suppose it suck it and see.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#423 Snydgrow

Snydgrow

Germinating

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi, i am using the soil supreme with the oldtimer nutes and the bio wetter, silicon essence and granules. I am just wondering how to use them do i use them all together or seprate? Cheers

#424 Thunder Fist

Thunder Fist

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Sorry been pretty busy, the last two pictures tell much more.

I'm not sure that your problem is not bacterial rather than fungal, its unlike any leaf fungal disease I've come across on cannabis before.

Thing is that if the essence halts further spread, its just a matter of regular spraying.

If essence makes no difference then you may need to try chemical treatments, which I assume you do not what to do.

bud_boi I have heard of useing Agar as a soil wetting agent, no idea how it would work a a folia spreader or if it would build up with repeated use blocking the stomata, indoors there is no rain to wash the leaves.

I know its used with added nutrients and hormones for micro propagation, so it has to be plant friendly, I suppose it suck it and see.

Cheers OT1. Looks like it wasn't fungal after all but a calcium deficiency due to soft water/ possible low temps and possibly not enough airflow too.

Click HERE for think to thread in sick plants section for anyone who wants to see.

Edited by ~nobody~, 26 March 2012 - 02:49 PM.
fix link

#425 Mattock Man

Mattock Man

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

whats the Minimum "lights off" time after spraying?

I presume were told to spray essence at lights out because while they're on droplets can act like lenses for the light and cause burns?. Or is it because fans are off and the microbes need time to "bed in" before a wind threatens to blow them away?

I put em on 20/4 in veg, so only have 4 hours to play with there, and it is not possible for me to be there at lights off, so I got a couple of green cfls.

While I will obviously endeavor to spray as early as poss before lights come on, it would be helpful to know the minimum time I need to keep them in the dark/without fans on after spraying, and why.

...sooo

how long is the minimum I should keep them away from HID?

can I spray 2-3 hours before lights come on?

cheers PM/OT

E2 make sense

Edited by Freda Weed, 01 April 2012 - 08:53 PM.

dont dress like a cunt if your cycling - Moggggys

#426 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9786 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

The longer the leaves remain damp the better the microbes populate the foliage, you can always pull the plug for longer that 4 hrs dark, just the once will do no harm.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#427 Mattock Man

Mattock Man

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

The longer the leaves remain damp the better the microbes populate the foliage, you can always pull the plug for longer that 4 hrs dark, just the once will do no harm.

thanks for the speedy reply mate. Would say 6-7 hours be OK for flower?

ta.

#428 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9786 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'm sure that would be fine.
Q. how do i make seeds?

#429 Mattock Man

Mattock Man

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

spray question.

the finer you can get the spray the easier it is to be sure you've coated everything and the coarser the spray the more difficult (and messy!) it is, but also, obviously, the coarser the spray is, the more you use.

obviously here pressure and nozzle setting are related, but, broadly, what are the parameters/limits...

I dont mind killing a few to be honest if it means less gip in my back so

Q1 How fine a spray can you get away with at a pinch? ...

Put another way: when it says "too fine a spray will kill em" what is "too fine?

Q2I know I'm chancing my arm here but, Any chance of a maximum number in BAR (or PSI) which can be reached without killing significant numbers?

(Yes, I'm an anally retentive boffin-type weedgeek and I like to have exact figures on my clip-board before I put my lab coat on. ahem.)

oh sorry and 1 more thing how do you clean your sprayer? I guess washing up liquid is out?

I just been filling it to brim w/ tap water and leaving to stand.
something dark at bottom but it might just be seaweed stains

cheers

Freda

#430 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9786 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

You only want enough pressure to just get a flow with the nozzle set so it just produces droplets rather than a jet.

You do not want even a medium spray as it will kill most of the microbes, you are dispensing millions of soft bodied bacteria and fungi, the idea is to coat the leaves with a living film, even with a course spray a lot of trichoderma will get shredded, if you have the right amount of wetter its easy to coat the leaves rapidly.

If washed out with warm water the minute you finish spraying, a few drops of washing up liquid, a quick shake and a pump to clear the tube works just fine, then rinse well.

If you get deposits the best thing is a small handful of ordinary washing soda dissolved in warm water, a half hr soak, a good shake then pump through to clear the tube and wand, them rinse thoroughly with cold water including the tube and wand, its important the wand is flushed as many are aluminium and the washing soda will corrode aluminium if left in contact for more than a few minutes, W/soda is good for cleaning and sterilising if flushed through thoroughly.
Q. how do i make seeds?

#431 Mattock Man

Mattock Man

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Thanks OT mate, good to know.

Freda

#432 Artificial Emotion

Artificial Emotion

A person

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3648 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

It says use every 5-7 days for infected plants but is it just me or has anyone else found that it doesn't work unless used more frequently than that? Perhaps I have a particularly virulent strain of LSF?

#433 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thanks "plantmagic", looks like your products have come just in time for me starting back up growing again! :spliff: I'll definitely be buying some of the Essence!

I don't suppose anyone has already used this product and know how it compares to "webbys essence"?

Thanks in advance.

lol

It is Webby's essence mate :)

sorry misread CR

Edited by cantregister, 23 April 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Mans inhumanity to man "Robert Burns"

#434 StevieRays

StevieRays

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2657 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the minimum age to start using this as a preventative? I have some 2 week old seedlings, would they be old enough?

#435 L'Emmerdeur

L'Emmerdeur

Bleeding Heart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5270 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

...what is the minimum age to start using this as a preventative?

There isn't one.

:yep:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users