Photo

essence

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#121 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

How should essence be used on outdoor plants? Does it need to be re-applied once it has rained? Do the bacteria and fungi need the sheen of molasses and kelp left on the leaves after the essence has dried? Does it keep the bacteria and fungi fed or keep them adhered to the leaves? Or is it only the molasses and kelp that makes it through the stomata that matters? Thanks.

#122 erbivore9

erbivore9

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2458 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

Just had a look and mine is a light green powder, bought about 3 weeks ago from greens.

#123 -=DrGreenThumb=-

-=DrGreenThumb=-

Natural Mystic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3681 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

It's deffo granules! I hope mine is ok, need to knock up a brew tonight!

Quick question! I've got no catalyst (wetting agent) or the brew, it'll be sound won't it?

#124 Savage

Savage

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

Dr GreenThumb, you'll have no problems using the brew without the catalyst. I brewed a batch the other day without catalyst using a fresh tub from Greens and it works lovely, infact its the quickest frothing brew ive made to date. lol plants loved it n all.

#125 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hey evans,

Firstly my sincere appologise for this mix up. Please let me explain how this has happened.

Yes, what you have their is defo 100% the granules. I was asked by one of the sales staff at Greens a good 2 months ago to drop down some small sample tubs of "Granules". I thought to put the "sample" granules in to the small white containers. Obviously some where down the line the starter kit had been opened for one reason or another (usually to double check all is in their or to read to a client the instructions etc), and the "sample" tub containing the granules was put in to the packet by sheer accident.

I have just come back from Greens and spoke with the same person you have, please accept both of our appologise, they have ensured me a replacement tub has been dispatched today.

Drgreen..... The catalyst isn't a wetting agent. It is a sea weed extract which is used to help the friendly bacteria's along their way. Yes it is true that it is not essential as is the bio-wetter i.e. it is not necessarily a necessity. The activated mix will still work for you, but with using the catalyst you will be aiding the bacteria's and also help your plant to build up a tolerance against pathogenic fungi and diseases. The bio-wetter (wetting agent) will see that you will have a much better coverage over your foliage along with many advantages listed in the biowetter forum.

Hope this has been of some use.

#126 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

You don't happen to know the answer to my question aswel do you PM?

#127 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

You don't happen to know the answer to my question aswel do you PM?

Outdoors, its best to spray at dusk.

Once populated neither rain of sun will harm them.

While the microbes do spread, its very slow. So spraying to populate the rapidly expanding new growth needs to be done regularly.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#128 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

Outdoors, its best to spray at dusk.

Once populated neither rain of sun will harm them.

While the microbes do spread, its very slow. So spraying to populate the rapidly expanding new growth needs to be done regularly.

Cheers OT. :yahoo:

#129 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

How critical is it to get every square mm of the plant wet with essence? It's easy to spray every nook and cranny when they're seedlings but it would be much harder to do so when they get much bigger. The undersides would be particularly hard to thoroughly cover when they get bigger, I would imagine. How much solution should be sprayed on each 2 feet tall plant for instance? You could quite easily use up half a litre if you were trying to cover every spot thoroughly and most of it would go to waste as run off.

#130 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

How critical is it to get every square mm of the plant wet with essence? It's easy to spray every nook and cranny when they're seedlings but it would be much harder to do so when they get much bigger. The undersides would be particularly hard to thoroughly cover when they get bigger, I would imagine. How much solution should be sprayed on each 2 feet tall plant for instance? You could quite easily use up half a litre if you were trying to cover every spot thoroughly and most of it would go to waste as run off.

You know I thought we had already been through this, repete spraying is mainly to treat [populate] new growth, there is no harm if already treated leaves get more than one dose.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#131 BluePixie

BluePixie

Back in the saddle.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3588 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hi, I've got a possible case of tomato blight - see link http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=181503

I've been spraying these plants with essence every couple of weeks. Should it be effective at preventing blight, and will it stop my my 2 clean plants from getting infected?

Also just a quick double check that Essence is fine to use on edible crops?

Cheers BP.

#132 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hi Blue,

Reports have shown that essence is successful at battling blight. I am not obviously going to guarantee this, but from the feedback we have recieved it sounds ever so hopeful.

If you do happen to become unlucky with it, cut the infected tissue back 5mm below the infected area, apply the essence and use as a drench too. Hopefully you should see no signs of spread or at the very least I'd hope to see a slow down of the spread.

#133 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

Just seen your piccies......oh no, doesn't look good lol

And forgot to say, yes essence is fine to use on edible plants, try not to spray 7 days prior harvest though to avoid the sugars affecting the taste.

With an infection the essence really should be used every 3 - 5 days to ensure good coverage and maximum population figures are doing your work for you, in 14 days these populations figures will have depleted a fair bit and more than likely over whelmed by the amount of infection it is trying to cope with.

#134 The Villan

The Villan

I got me own Troll :)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7166 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:22 AM

It's frothy maaaan

essence.jpg

#135 The Villan

The Villan

I got me own Troll :)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7166 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

It's frothy maaaan

essence.jpg

All went well last night with the brewing, I made 2 ltrs up and it was more than plenty.
I applied the essence this morning at 7am, and have just been in to turn the lights back on and I am a little surprised, they actually look a lot better. Now this could be down to the Cheese, but has anyone else seen results after such a short time, or am I losing the plot :) :doh: :) :) ;) lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users