• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#31 deviouspseudonym

deviouspseudonym

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

Any U.S. suppliers? I'd be happy to ask the local shop to stock it.

Thanks,
Devious

#32 TalkToFrank

TalkToFrank

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

Can anyone help?

I've just bought the starter kit including molasses and catalyst to treat LSF which is developing fast. I've been doing the brewing as instructed but I mixed up a full 5L not thinking to check if this stuff keeps. I will probably use half a litre spraying my 30 young plants but then I wouldn't use it again till next week. Will the mix keep in my sprayer or have I just wasted some of my stuff?

If something worth doing, it's worth doing right!! (I'll get there in the end)

#33 TalkToFrank

TalkToFrank

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

Can anyone help?

I've just bought the starter kit including molasses and catalyst to treat LSF which is developing fast. I've been doing the brewing as instructed but I mixed up a full 5L not thinking to check if this stuff keeps. I will probably use half a litre spraying my 30 young plants but then I wouldn't use it again till next week. Will the mix keep in my sprayer or have I just wasted some of my stuff?

Just to add to my question above. The instructions say you can pour any left over in to the tops of your pots but what if your using a re-circulating hydro system? Is it okay to just add it to the tank? I am scheduled to change the nutes on Sunday.

#34 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9821 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

You have 24 hrs max after you stop bubbling.

Its best to pour any surplus through the root system of each plant.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#35 TalkToFrank

TalkToFrank

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

Thanks Old Timer - I'll throw em through the res and turn the pumps on for a bit. Should I then dump it or will it it hurt to leave it till Sunday?

#36 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9821 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

TTF it will only keep if you run the air pump. I have kept it up to a week, only prob is the air stone will get coated in a jell of bacteria.

Its best to run the mix direct to the roots as thats the an ideal habitat for the microbes to take up residence and start to multiply.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#37 TalkToFrank

TalkToFrank

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

Thanks Old Timer

#38 TalkToFrank

TalkToFrank

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

Brilliant stuff!! Problem sorted!

#39 nicelytoasted

nicelytoasted

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

Having seen my last grow ravaged by LSF, i got the starter pack. Have to say this stuff is brilliant - does exactly what it says on the tin. 2 weeks into 12/12 and very little sign of lsf, just 1 or 2 bottom leaves. Although I mixed up a batch last night and dropped the Essence container into the water, guess i'll have 2 order some more. Maybe i shouldn't have done it while stoned :cheers: Actually that would limit me to monday mornings really

NT
1. AK47 from seed - harvested
2. The Pure, BB Cheese & AK47 - harvested
3. From Bread to Toast - Chronic & Bubblegum - harvested
4. Toasted's multi-grain batch (now with added fruit) - DSD, KS, Warlock
5. Toasted's current batch... mmmm DSD, Cheese & Warlock http://www.uk420.com...a...t&p=1807479

"I agree whole-heartedly with whatever it is that she said"
"I never apologise for anything, I'm sorry thats juct the way i am"

#40 mellofello

mellofello

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1080 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

Simialr to the question above I guess. I was mixing up my first batch and had got as far as adding the essence and left it to bubble. Came back about an hour later to find my air pump is bust! Since then its been sat in the bucket I was brewing in. Its been less than 24hrs I think but I haven't kept it warm all this time, would say last night it got pretty cold. Getting a new air pump today so can I just drop it in and bubble for 12 hrs and carry on with the instructions or should I scrap this batch and start fresh?

peace

mello

#41 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

Excellent....

Maybe stupid question: Is this effective in hydro (Coco Coir), or will only colonise effectively in soil?

And same for your other producks too?

Thanks,

Monk...x

As it is applied via a foliar then you are able to use it in any method of growing. The difference is when it comes to watering in. If you're in a pot with coco then that would be fine to water through the top, saturating the root ball and growing medium throughout.

If however you're in a re-circulating system then you may find it not as beneficial. The microbes need direct contact with living organisms. So, in other words, sitting at the bottom of a reservoir wouldn't really do your plants alot of benefits so just a waste of your money. I am not saying it definately would not work, what I am saying is that it wouldn't be as effective as the above method ;)

Thanks "plantmagic", looks like your products have come just in time for me starting back up growing again! :stoned: I'll definitely be buying some of the Essence!

I don't suppose anyone has already used this product and know how it compares to "webbys essence"?

Thanks in advance.

:nea:

It is Webby's essence mate :wink:

lol I gave webby a whole load to help with market research.

I don't suppose there are any other options for Americans are there? Last I checked Green's doesn't accept USD or ship to the US. :(

I need this stuff like I need oxygen.

Any U.S. suppliers? I'd be happy to ask the local shop to stock it.

Thanks,
Devious

I have recieved several enquiries for stockists in the US. We will keep an up to date stockists list on our website. Should hopefully be live by the weekend, but I will make an announcement in due course.

Excellent....

Maybe stupid question: Is this effective in hydro (Coco Coir), or will only colonise effectively in soil?

And same for your other producks too?

Thanks,

Monk...x

The essence is brewed and then sprayed on to the plant....it works fine with coco plants, I've been using it myself :yep:
All the other products will be fine with coco ....with the exception of the granules IIRC. I would seek clarification on that though to be sure, but I seem to remember discussing it with webby in pm when getting some info on the esscence.

ATB

The granules can actually be used in any growing method, it is how you apply it where it varies. I won't go into too much detail in this thread, please see the granules thread :)

how far into flower is it ok to use it??

It actively kills and fights Botrytis / grey mould (budrot), so using it throughout the flower period should not be a problem. Of course, if their is already mould developing, that would need to be chopped out, it doesn't fix what tissue is already damaged, it will just put up a beneficial barrier against the rest of the pathogens spreading.

might be a stupid question, but is the catalyst provided the equivilant of the maxicrop

described in other threads?

No, the catalyst is 5 times more concentrated than the maxicrop. Plus we use what is known as an aqueous extraction. No solvents, no bashing of plant matter, just water boiled then evaporated off. This leaves the end product totally intact and 100% organic ;)

Hi all, just as a matter of interest, no one has mentioned the best way to store your unused essence.

Obviously keep the it dry but is it recommended to store in a warm room
or is is more likely to remain potent if kept chilled or even frozen before use?

My common sense would lead me to keep in a fridge prior to use but hey,
I'm defo not the expert here, anyone feel qualified enough to remove all doubt?

I personally couldn't see their being any difference in storing your tub in the fridge or in the cupboard. The spores are freeze dried at an incredible rapid rate. They become awake and alert once they are climatised i.e. put into a bucket of warm water with plenty of sugar as food. So, storing them in a fridge wouldn't make them more alert or awake once they become active ;)

#42 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

Simialr to the question above I guess. I was mixing up my first batch and had got as far as adding the essence and left it to bubble. Came back about an hour later to find my air pump is bust! Since then its been sat in the bucket I was brewing in. Its been less than 24hrs I think but I haven't kept it warm all this time, would say last night it got pretty cold. Getting a new air pump today so can I just drop it in and bubble for 12 hrs and carry on with the instructions or should I scrap this batch and start fresh?

peace

mello

Hi mello,

I would say that you would need to start all over I'm afraid :nea: As the spores become active they multiply at a vast rate using up the oxygen quickly. Without this oxygen the population starts depleting and you're on the downward slope.

Hope you manage to get the next batch off ok :stoned:

#43 _peace&quiet_

_peace&quiet_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

Hi.

Just made up a brew last night and drenched the plants as a precaution only,aint noticed any fungal problems,but would like to protect them for the future.

My question is and I might sound abit ocd about this...but what a mess my plants look after drenching them in essence,they look like they are covered in snails trail or really bad thrip attack,they are all covered in water marks where Ive sprayed (all over)

The pump spray was set at a coarse setting and the brew was nice and frothy when I applied it,have I done something wrong,or is it a case of manky looking plants but protected from fungal.

Looking at them aint much of a pleasure now I want to go and give them a clean its that bad :yinyang:

Would cleaning the leafs matter?..Im guessing it will remove the active ingredient in the essence?

Any idea?

p&q

#44 Redgrotto

Redgrotto

TJ Hooker hates PCP dealers........

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Hi plant magic,
my plants have been getting their fortnightly dose of Essence and are much happier for it.. lol
but ive also aquired some samples of Messenger (harpin protein) and really want to try it before i switch my plants to 12/12..
im just checking there will be no wierd bad freaky stuff that could happen when i do, as they are both live products i think :)

also, when applying the Messanger do i have to have my sprayer on a course setting as i do when applying the Essence? (it doesnt mention this in the instructions)

many thanks and regards to anyone who can help me with my questions

:eek:

Redgrotto

"I always tell the truth.......Even when i lie"

#45 TalkToFrank

TalkToFrank

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Would cleaning the leafs matter?..Im guessing it will remove the active ingredient in the essence?

Any idea?

p&q

Yeah thats just the effect it leaves, caused mostly by the Molasses (sugar) I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users