7 replies to this topic

#1 crusoe

crusoe

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

my grow room is fine with the lights on temps about 73

but when the lights are off the heater goes on but the fan is still running the fan is 150mm it is controlled with a speed controller it is running at its lowest so its taking all the heat out

i have a fan thermostat i got with the fan i was going to wire it up and set it near the bottom off the grow room set it about 65 so it kinda evens it out so the fan will be going on when it gets to hot

would this be ok to do ?

any advice on this will be well appreciated

#2 Abe Froman

Abe Froman

Stoned Again

• Team UK420
  • 6541 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

I tried a similar thing but used a timer instead of a stat for my extract.
This meant however ,that my CF was also not being used and the upstairs began to smell of cannabis. :badass:
:wink:

So i got a small oil filled rad. Job sorted ( after a bit of tweaking (i'll get a stat for it :badass: ))

depends on how big your growroom is though.

reusable plant stakes
Up here for dancing , Down there for thinking.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.
Why you need a contactor (AKPOG's lucky escape)

#3 crusoe

crusoe

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:46 PM

my growroom has a tube heater my room is 4ft by 3 ft and 9ft tall so the tube heater will heat it up but not with the fan running constant

when the lights are of the temps about 45

#4 crusoe

crusoe

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

i have a mechanical timer there that i could wire up but i dont have the time to play about with it to sus out times and heat build up times and extraction times that will level it all out

if u no what i mean but if this is a better way i am all ears?

#5 _Healthystealthy_

_Healthystealthy_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hi m8, at the end of the day you need your extraction running 24/7 otherwise your going to get smell leakage!! Turn your fan down with your controller so as not to suck away all the heat & get a small fan heater or such & set it up on a thermostat :toldya:

#6 nl5

nl5

On a mission

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2275 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:22 PM

I got a small fan heater & a plug in thermostats, fan heater kicks out enough heat to get temps above 20C even with the fans/extracter running 100%, probably uses a shitload lec though, havent had my bill yet but think it'll be massive.. a oil filled rad's probably a better bet.

#7 DaveDee

DaveDee

Fantasy grower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1789 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:38 PM

I've got a skirting heater in the room, set to switch on for fifteen minute intervals about four times a night.
It would be too hot to put in the drobe, but its too hot (and expensive) for me to have on more than that.
I am flowering at the minute (nothing yet) so have the light on period during the coldest part of the day, and its cheaper elec tarriff too.

#8 AKPOG

AKPOG

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

my grow room is fine with the lights on temps about 73

but when the lights are off the heater goes on but the fan is still running the fan is 150mm it is controlled with a speed controller it is running at its lowest so its taking all the heat out

i have a fan thermostat i got with the fan i was going to wire it up and set it near the bottom off the grow room set it about 65 so it kinda evens it out so the fan will be going on when it gets to hot

would this be ok to do ?

any advice on this will be well appreciated

Even your lights on temp is low buddy 73f/22C isn't ideal.

I suggest you insulate your GR thoroughly, if it is in your loft or outside then much of the heat loss will be out the tent :blub:

Also, get a fan temp controller so your fans are idle at a low rate & only kick in when temps get above 82f/28C. Set the thermostat on your heaters to come on at 70f/21C :yep:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users