#2 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

its that time again UFC fight night in a few hours :blub:
really looking forward to watching young Diaz fight i like to watch him or his brother
his last fight was class the way he finished the fight

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#3 Church

Church

Save the Brain Forest

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9937 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

What did you think of the matches at UFC 88?

First time I've seen Rashad Evans fight - his showboating is refreshing, and that was one helluva punch - Chuck was out cold on his feet! When they showed the reply from the back, and how his head/neck took the punch I thought he might have been injured, especially given that they kept the cameras away from the downed Liddell while he was recovering. The match was lots of stalking punctuated with occasional tussles then 2 almighty punches - 1 from each guy. If Chuck's uppercut had hit I reckon they'd both have been down!

I liked Matt Brown when I saw him on Ultimate Fighter, he looks mean all the time! Iffy decision gave it to Kim - I thought Matt lost the 1st but took the next 2 personally.

A devastating Marquardt made a previously impressive Kampfman look like a newb in a short space of time.

Palhares is another one I'd never seen before - fantastic range of kicks not/rarely seen in UFC before. Only someone with Henderson's experience could have beaten him.

Tim Boesch punches like a train, and was a great match to watch.

Franklin v Hamill was a great fight - would have expected nothing less from 2 training partners. Franklin seems to look better at this weight, or is it just me?

I was glad McDonald beat Lambert - I'm a bit of a McDonald fan. Rear naked choke, tidy!
"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law." - Martin Luther King Jr

Buy Cannabis Seeds with Attitude - Enter Voucher Code 420 At The Checkout And Get 10% Off Your Order

The Sacred Drobe - Step by Step. Over 100,000 drobers since 2006

#4 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:09 AM

Hi Church
that knock out of chuck by rashad was a classic :spliff: chuck was out before he hit the floor rashad was just to fast for him he played chucks game and won i think there is a lot more to come from rashad

i to like McDonald i think he has a good submission game but missed the end of that fight me sky froze :D

i also think mat brown should of won that fight to

Franklin and Hamill was not a bad fight but i expected better from them to Hamill should of tried to take him down more he is a very good wrestler but for some strange reason stood with Franklin most of that fight big mistake on Hamill part me thinks i also think Franklin is best at lower wait but he can not beat the spider :rofl: i suppose the spider will move up to the 205 weight to kick Franklin's arse again :rofl: that man can fight :yes:

also enjoyed the Henderson fight he was up against a tricky opponent for sure that has real good BJJ skills

yup marquardt was very impressive to :D

to be honest i dont think there are to many boring fights on the UFC thats why i love it ;) i find it much more interesting than boxing

:D ;) :yahoo: Diaz just won by split decision :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Edited by NMW, 18 September 2008 - 02:38 AM.

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#5 Suspect

Suspect

UNGOVERNABLE

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:08 AM

Do my eyes decieve me? an intelligent discussion about MMA!? phat! i new gettin a subscription would be worth it :rofl: :rofl: Do you guys only watch UFC? Anyone a fan of Pride, Dream, WEC, Strikeforce, Affliction, King Of The Cage, Elite XC, HFC, MFC, Cage Rage, IVC, Rio Heroes or M-1 Global in here?? I love MMA in general not just the UFC, if you watched the last few Dream events then im sure you must be frothing at the mouth for the upcoming alvarez/hansen fight. As for the UFC, the next few months are gonna be some of the sickest fight cards ever hands down. wanderlei/rampage 3, couture/lesnar, nogueira/mir, thiago silva/machida, stevenson/florian, penn/st-pierre, anderson silva/cote, sanchez/alves, sherk/griffin, bisping/leben - ufc are definately finishing this year strong and going into next year with a bang! also fedor/barnett at affliction aswell as mousasi is gonna be a sick nite.

Edited by Suspect, 02 October 2008 - 05:10 AM.

''When the casual wants of the few outweigh the desperate needs of the many,
you know the world needs changing''

- Lowkey

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

#6 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

Hi suspect
i have not seen many of the shows you talk about but will be looking out in the future for them i manly watch UFC or cage rage and king of the cage i also want to see more of this Fedor

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#7 Suspect

Suspect

UNGOVERNABLE

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

well most of fedor's career was in Pride and he was just a powerhouse. He didn't really gain a lot of respect until he pummeled Antonio Nogueira for the Pride Heavyweight belt....at the time Nogueira was the best heavyweight in the world so when Fedor beat him and then beat him a second time that solidified his status as the best heavyweight in the world. mate if you'd of watched Pride from the first event they held (you still can if you have the bandwidth), you'd of kicked yourself for not watching it when it was big. Wanderlei, Fedor, Nogueira, Rampage, Anderson Silva, Cro Cop, Shogun Rua, Ninja Rua, Heath Herring, Dan Henderson all came from Pride Fighting Championships in japan aswell as loads of other sick fighters. And the rules were different to UFC which made the fights crazy! I.E. kicing and kneeing a downed opponent was allowed, and the first round was 10minutes long. mate you can still buy them online, if you decide to, TRUST ME, you won't be dissappointed.

e2a: heres a sick Pride Highlight reel of some of the best Pride moments over the years.

Edited by Suspect, 02 October 2008 - 08:12 PM.

- Lowkey

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

#8 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

cool you tube there :wink:

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#9 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

i been looking about for some of the older fights of fedor and you can get a few from you tube and by doing searches but i came across that elite xc site looks very intresting they also have some good fighters on there cards tonight there is a good fight on there cards between Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo Slice should be good to watch i think ken is getting a little old now to be a serious fighter he dose not have the chin he used to have i think kimbo will knock him into next week
yo suspect
you any idea why fedor does not fight for the ufc :yinyang:

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#10 Suspect

Suspect

UNGOVERNABLE

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

i been looking about for some of the older fights of fedor and you can get a few from you tube and by doing searches but i came across that elite xc site looks very intresting they also have some good fighters on there cards tonight there is a good fight on there cards between Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo Slice should be good to watch i think ken is getting a little old now to be a serious fighter he dose not have the chin he used to have i think kimbo will knock him into next week
yo suspect
you any idea why fedor does not fight for the ufc :unsure:

yeh i've been lookin forward to the shammy/kimbo fight since it was announced. I really dislike kimbo so would love to see Shamrock finish his career with a high profile bang...sadly...with a 5 fight losing streak and him not winning a decent fight since 1996 i dont see that happening. I think, personally, the best thing Elite XC have going for them is there female MMA division, Gina Carano fights tonight and the girls always put on a sick performance especially Gina...and shes fit! so looking forward to that one.

As for Fedor not signing with the UFC well the main reason for that is because the UFC only do Exclusive contracts, i.e. he can ONLY fight for the UFC and no other organisation. The problem with that, is that Fedor competes in World Sambo Competitions in Russia (he's the current heavyweight sambo champ) and Dana White (UFC President) wouldn't of allowed it if he had signed. The Current UFC Nazi-like contract is a fuckin joke if you ask me anyway, they practically exploit and milk a fighter dry which has turned a lot of sick fighters away from the UFC which is a shame. Anyway...that...and also another reason is that the current UFC heavyweight division isn't really all that. Infact, it's probably the weakest division in the UFC right now....sure, there are 2 or 3 exciting fights for him like Randy Couture, Brock lesnar and possibly Fabricio Werdum or Gabriel Gonzaga but then what? He already has two wins over the current UFC heavyweight champ and he destroyed the former UFC heavyweight champ in 36 mouth watering seconds lol he hasn't got anything left to proove.
I personally think the Heavyweight division outside the UFC is a lot stronger right now and theres a lot more interesting match ups, think about it. He fights Josh Barnett in January/February, then theres people like Allister Overeem, Andrei Arlovski, Ben Rothwell and a Cro Cop rematch....these fights are all against Top Ten Competition that can solidify his 'Greatest Heavyweight Of All Time' status. As far as im concerned, al this hype over Randy Couture is a joke, he needs to proove himself to fedor not the other way round.

Edited by Suspect, 04 October 2008 - 10:29 PM.

- Lowkey

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

#11 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:59 PM

Thanks for the info lol i dont think that fight with fedor and barnett is to go ahead now :spliff:
how will you be watching the fight later :unsure: any links or pm me not sure on how to watch it :rofl:

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#12 Suspect

Suspect

UNGOVERNABLE

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:10 PM

im in Spain, we get CBS here on satelite. There should be a torrent floating about tomorrow.

e2a: yes, fedor is fighting Barnett at the Affliction 2 'Day Of Reckoning' event in January according to MMA Frenzy there a really good source for any news on MMA.

Edited by Suspect, 04 October 2008 - 11:15 PM.

- Lowkey

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

#13 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:56 PM

thanks suspect lol
i found a live feed :blub:
i am sure i read last night that the fight will not go ahead with fedor and barnett and i not to sure if there is going to be a affliction 2 something to do with ticket sales sure i read it somewere last night lol maybe you should check it out ;)

Edited by NMW, 05 October 2008 - 12:05 AM.

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#14 Suspect

Suspect

UNGOVERNABLE

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5189 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:06 AM

that news was awhile ago....Affliction were meant to hold the fedor/barnett fight in october but it got cancelled....now they pushed it back to january due to an injury fedor had that hadn't healed fully. So yeh u kinda heard right

this is the Gina weigh ins...she has to get naked lol happy days...

(shes pale due to cuttin weight...her rack is smaller than usual too, again due to cuttin weight :blub: lol)

Edited by Suspect, 05 October 2008 - 12:10 AM.

- Lowkey

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

#15 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4060 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:08 AM

:stoned: lol ken got a cut to his eye brow in training the fights off :) :taz: i was looking forward to it to :(

Edited by NMW, 05 October 2008 - 01:09 AM.

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users