• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gobo1974

Gobo1974

Germinating

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:28 AM

:yinyang: Hi i have recently started my 2nd Grow , 1st one went ok but judging by pictures of other grows it could have gone a lot better . To my question , i used a Sun-T plus 600watt Hps bulb for my 1st grow , i went to a local grow shop and i was advised to buy a Sunmaster , which i did , everything is fine with the sunmaster it just dont seem nowhere near as bright as the Sun-T plus one i originally had that come with the Light.

So My question : What is the best make of 600 watt HPS Bulb for the flowering stage and also what is the best make of 600 watt MH bulb for Vegative growth ???

Heat is not a problem , i have fans to control the temps , Just want to know what everyones opinion on the best bulbs on the market today . Sorry if someone else has already asked this question , im new to this site and growing , But i have to say it has become a bit of a Habit ..... Hooked on Smoking ..... Hooked On Growing........Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply ..... :rofl:

#2 agentxtc

agentxtc

Look out for that tree!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

only used 2 beffore for flowering and anything dual spec (red with hint of blue) i find to be better than just red spec.

as for veg i would not suggest anything more than 125w blue spectrum lights to start then put under the 600w dual spec.

i personally start plants off under 3x 11w house bulbs (power saver ones 11w with the equivalent of 60w bulbs) keep them under there till they have at least 1-2 full leaves hen put them under dual spec 600w for rest of it, not only does 3x11w work but also saves on electric ^^

http://www.greenshor...l...192&cat=182

#3 T187

T187

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:09 AM

i got a 600watt sunmaster they claim it gives out the most lumens for a 600 so i went with that and av had good results aint tried any other bulbs yet as it early days but if there is better 600 i will change next time just to see but i know the sumaster gives off a different colour light to other HPS lights ive seen going as it got the blue spectrum in with it to help in veg stage so we will have to see what people say init m8
#

peace and good question!!!

T187 :wink:

e2a: i veg under 2 x 125 blue enviros and i add 2 x red if they get nice and bushy an need more light then when they ov a good size straight under the sunmaster on 12/12!!

Edited by T187, 20 March 2008 - 10:11 AM.

#4 KC

KC

Fruity Cargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4659 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

I use both those lamps, the Son T plus is great lamp as is the Sunmaster.

What makes you think your grow could have gone alot better? I doubt it's the bulb. If you environment is right then it could come down to feeding, veg time, ripeness at harvest etc

I wouldn't go shelling out for Hps bulbs, you'll only be dissapointed. As far for halides the Sunmaster (i think its the cool deluxe) is supposed to be really good. After one myself but don't like mail ordering grow stuff :yahoo: My local shop wants a fortune for it, so i refuse to get it there :yinyang:

:headpain:
, “What is repulsive about a relationship where both partners feel and express love for each other? I know what I'm talking about here because after we made love, the dolphin put her snout on my shoulder, embraced me with her flippers and we stared into each others' eyes for about a minute.” -Brenner

#5 Davey Jones

Davey Jones

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4627 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

HPS = son t plus or osram nav t super, sunmaster seem good to me too just harvested some sunmaster bud and its very compact it was under a grostar though!!!

600W MH = Venture 7200 K

Steer clear of grolux and enhanced blue crap.

EM2

Read Old Timer, Read Old timer, he is the master of us all

Trouble rather the Lion in his lair, than the Sage amongst his books

#6 ingnorance420

ingnorance420

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:32 PM

what about those new hortilux blue bulbs?

they have tons of blue in it....

#7 BOOZE101

BOOZE101

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

I use grolux 600W and they are good at performing, i am on my third grow know and never had a problem.

I think its down to personal prefernce mate,but i think dual spec bulbs are all good!! :D
WOW BRITAN IS SO FU%KED UP!!RICH GET RICHER,AND THE POOR POORER!!

• Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

Hi, to the guy who started the thread, I too know of someone who used a sunmaster, they longed to see the 95,000 lumens and measure it agaisnt their other HPS bulb, namely a Son T.
And they are miffed at he conclusion as you, the sunmaster is'nt burning as bright as the Son T. Now to give the sunmaster another test, they swapped the bulbs about, the sunmaster went into the son T's reflector and vice versa, still the Son T burns brighter,

Their experiment led to more questions like, - why is this so?
Their answer was, - oh fuck it, its a bloody good bulb anyway which does the job well,
I know it still baffles them to this very day as well, :yinyang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users