Photo
- - - - -

Can You Make Qwiso From Just Kief And Iso?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 E C S

E C S

Bad Mother Fucker

• PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

Or BHO with just kief and butane? Has anyone here tried this? If so, can you skip filtering the oil before evaporating? Also how long should the hot water bath be when evaporating the iso? I made some let it evap for too long and the oil was black and really hard to collect...Also If there's nothing in the residue then why can't you make oil by just melting hash?

Edited by E C S, 23 July 2007 - 10:34 PM.

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."
Carl Sagan

Kief and oil: 4 grams from 1 oz

#2 grobag

grobag

Eccentric Class ROU

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:27 PM

Or BHO with just kief and butane? Has anyone here tried this? If so, can you skip filtering the oil before evaporating? Also how long should the hot water bath be when evaporating the iso? I made some let it evap for too long and the oil was black and really hard to collect...Also If there's nothing in the residue then why can't you make oil by just melting hash?

Yes you can make both from Kief as that is where most of the oil is. You still have to filter though to get rid of the empty resin glands or you will not be purifying it at all, just changing it, making hash rather than oil. :smoke:

The hot water bath just needs to be hot but not boiling. I run it from the hot tap.

:unsure:
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. - A Shulgin.
Hippy Alchemy Posted Image
NOBs

#3 Leprechan Sweet Leaf

Leprechan Sweet Leaf

Ganja Lover

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

So If I want to make iso oil, I take some buds and put em in a shaker with some isopropyl alcohol?

How do I filter the spent buds?

Sorry to interrupt/bump thread but I am new to this.

#4 grobag

grobag

Eccentric Class ROU

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:04 PM

So If I want to make iso oil, I take some buds and put em in a shaker with some isopropyl alcohol?

How do I filter the spent buds?

Sorry to interrupt/bump thread but I am new to this.

Through a paper coffee filter mate. ;)

Check out this link. Here It is an old thread I wrote without pictures but it explains the process. ;)
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. - A Shulgin.
Hippy Alchemy Posted Image
NOBs

#5 Leprechan Sweet Leaf

Leprechan Sweet Leaf

Ganja Lover

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

Thanks mate.

Im goin to pick up some iso alcohol next time Im in the city.
My jars are rapidly emptying though. Maybe I will try the iso wash for christmas with some lot#5. :wink:

I'll go and read your thread dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users