- We will share 9 seeds with each contestant (until the seed stock for the contest ends), 3 packs of 3 seeds to be chosen among our varieties. The users that receive seeds will have to post a grow diary right here in this subforum;
- Only users from European countries where seeds are legal are allowed to enter this contest (we are really sorry for all the others, but we can't break the laws, especially in a public contest);
- We will only send seeds to the users that were previously registered in uk420 before the date of this post and with at least 10 messages posted in the forum. Users that did not receive seeds, for one or other reason, can participate with their own Sweet Seeds seeds (or clones), even if the date of registration in this forum is after the publication of this contest;
- This year we decided to let the contestants do multiple grow diaries. So, if you have the time and will to do more than one diary, you’re allowed to post more than only one. Still, bear this in mind: quality is more important than quantity.
We will evaluate
- The aspect/appearance of the plants;
- Tidiness and general appearance of the grow room;
- Quantity and specially quality of the photos, showing the growth evolution of the plants;
- Originality of the methods, techniques and resources applied;
- Frequency of posting;
- Companionship and fair play demonstrated.
All grow diaries have to be finished before the 3rd of June. The winners will be publicly announced by the 5th of June 2012
- First Prize: Weekend in Amsterdam. The period is June or July 2012, including plane ticket from every part of Europe, 4-5 star hotel in Amsterdam centre, a personal dutch guide to visit the best coffee shops, 500€ for personal expenses, and the winner will also receive the contest cup directly and live on the "High Life Cannabis Cup" stage, with the winners of one of the most famous cup in cannabis world. We remember that this cup is only possible to be visited by people who work in the cannabis industry. It also includes a dinner, free drinks all evening and the possibility to share a smoke with people from the most famous coffee shops and seed banks of the world;
- Second Prize: 400€ of products that you can choose from our web site (sending expenses included in this money);
- Third Prize: 200€ of products that you can choose from our web site (sending expenses included in this money);
- From the 4th to the 20th Prize: Sweet Seeds prize lot, including 2 packs of Sweet Seeds of your choice (each pack containing 3 seeds) and a few more products from the seedbanks merchandising such as t-shirts, hats, lighters, posters, stickers, etc.
The High Life Cup is organized since 1999 by Soft Secrets and the High Life magazine, being one of the most desired and prestigious cannabis cups in the world. In this contest we have the collaboration of Soft Secrets (organizer of the High Life Cup).
But that's not all. This year we have another surprise...
.:|"Sweet Seeds Grower of the Month"|:.
!! 500€ every month !!
Every month* we offer an amazing prize to the "Sweet Seeds Grower of the Month". The winner gets 250 euros in cash and 250 euros in products from the Sweet Seeds online shop. (sending expenses included in this money)
*October, November, December, January, February, March, April and May
Rules for the "Sweet Seeds Grower of the Month" prize:
- In the last day of each month, the Sweet Seeds jury will nominate 5 contestants as candidates to receive this prize. In the same day a public poll will be started with the duration of 5 days (120 hours);
- By the 8th day of every month the winner of the past month will be announced according to the poll results;
- We will only consider as valid the votes from users who registered in UK420 before August of 2011 (August included as a valid month). As the poll will be public the Sweet Seeds team will check one by one the profiles of the voters, to confirm the registration date. All the votes from users registered after August of 2011 will not be considered as valid and will be reduced from the total. In the end, in the 8th day of every month, Sweet Seeds will announce the final result with only the legitimate votes;
- In the eventuality of a draw situation the Sweet Seeds team reserves the right to give to their own panel of judges the power to decide who will be the winner;
- Once elected as "Sweet Seeds Grower of the Month" the contestant can’t be nominated again for this prize until the end of the contest. By other words, each contestant can only be elected has grower of the month in one ocasion. But, obviously, will still be elegible for the final prizes. Actually, every winner of this prize will be a strong candidate to the final prizes.
- Sweet Seeds reserves the right of changing at any moment the method of election of the “Grower of the Month”, but will only do it in case the Sweet Seeds team realizes the poll election system available in UK420 does not allow for a minimum of veracity when it comes to decide who’s the winner.
- Sweet Seeds reserves the right of changing any detail on the bases at any time. But only if we think there is something we can turn better and never to reduce prizes or to make the contest more complex.
- The prizes will only be considered valid when we have 60 contestants with a diary started in the contest subforum. Until then Sweet Seeds reserves the right to don't consider the prizes. We think we'll have much more but, of course, we reserve this just in case.
- Prizes from the 2nd place to the 20th place will be sent to the winners in a maximum of 50 days after the winners are announced.
How to participate
To be accepted for the contest, besides fulfilling the requirements published on the contest bases, you should follow this 3 steps:
- 1 - Send a private message to Sweet Seeds;
- 2 - In the PM you should specify: the 3 strains you want to receive for the contest; your name; a complete address; and a phone number for the delivery company;
- 3 - Once you send the PM you should use this thread to confirm that you have apllied for this contest. You won't be considered until you express your will to participate in this thread.
Please don't send PMs asking questions about the contest or with comments. If you want to ask or comment anything about the contest, please do it here in this thread. Any private message with a content that could have been posted in this thread will not be considered nor answered. Please be simple and direct in your PM.
Here's an example of the PM you should send:
My 3 strains are: "the 3 strains of your choice"
Name: "your name"
Address: "a complete address from where you wish to receive the package"
Phone number: "a contact for the delivery company to contact you in case you're not at home when they try to deliver the package"
Let the games begin
Hope you enjoy the contest! Good work everyone, keep it sweet!
This post has been edited by Sweet Seeds: 22 November 2011 - 10:53 PM