Welcome to the new and and we hope much improved UK420.com

Please note that this is a very recent upgrade and we are working hard behind the scenes to complete all the tasks so please bear with us if you find anything that's not working quite as it should be

You can use this topic to report any bugs you find or ask questions about how to use the new site

Thank you for your patience

Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grogirl

Root Riot Cubes

18 posts in this topic
hi all!
just stumbled across these in the store and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them? do you need to use clonex or similar, or are the impregnated with rooting hormone as well? are they just square jiffy pellets? thank you, gg x x x

You do need clonex with em, but they are [i]rather[/i] good, in my experience. I've had more success cloning with them than any other way...

Hello GG :smoke:

They are like a plasticky sponge type medium....Lots of folk use em with good success but you just have to make sure they dont dry out...Best to keep em in the plastic tray they come in to help keep them moist until rooted :execute:

Owd

my god you lot are good! i turn my back for 5 minutes , to read about mr owd and mr church explaining the finer points of night temps as it so happens :execute: !, oh yea, and just before i take this advice, just how many grows have you two done btw? :execute: :smoke: gg runs off ducking hahahaha! gg x x thank you x

I don't advise you take grow advice from me, but Owd has Jedi-like powers :smoke:

:execute:

:smoke:

outstanding! B)

:execute: Clonex all the way,but expose the cambium,the bit in a branch,and your notice the difference :execute:

FP :smoke:

Don't be tempted to keep them too wet, they work really good when you get the balance right between wet and dry. The cubes should feel moist when touched with your finger, water shouldn't be leaking out of them.

My record for roots showing throught the Root Riot Cubes is 5 days. Most of em seem to take 7 - 10 days, but theres always variables in this.

I must admit the ones that come with the trays always seem to get punctured, maybe in transit so some cubes seem to dry out. When I bought the ones sold in bags they kept a lot fresher. I think a bag of 100 is a little over a tenner in the shops, so they seem good value for what they do.

Don't know whether there the same as Jiffy cubes though, never used em. Edited by Operation Hard Hat

[quote name='Operation Hard Hat' post='846973' date='Feb 4 2007, 12:08 AM']
Don't be tempted to keep them too wet, they work really good when you get the balance right between wet and dry. The cubes should feel moist when touched with your finger, water shouldn't be leaking out of them.
[/quote]
I'll keep that in mind, but I do find that they dry out quite fast.

thanks for your replies guys :afro:
helpfull as ever, will give 'em a go forthwith.
best wishes to all :wassnnme: gg x xx x

[quote name='Noam' post='847134' date='Feb 4 2007, 07:31 AM']
i have more success with and prefer jiffys :yinyang: but horses for courses :smoke: give them ago and see what works for you gg lol
[/quote]

It just shows ya...anything you want to know about growing can be found amongst the regulars and the Jedis here. I started a tray of these root riot cubes 6 days ago, supplied by & for a friend. They are now 7 days old in a heated prop under fluoro's, still healthy looking cuts (except maybe one or two) although no sign of roots coming through just yet, as others mentioned they can dry out a bit quick but so far so good. Against my usual choice of jiffy's....they look better (in my conditions)..like the man says..horses for courses, give em a go and good luck
lupes
[attachment=125852:attachment]

There pretty straight forward,Clean and tidy so not soil all over the place :yahoo: ..

Iv used these my last 3 grows and found them to be a lot better than using a low nute compost which i used too .. Some growers advise dont keep them too wet but in my experince with these if they dry out it could be major tits up if you dont get to them in time ! :yinyang: .. So i keep mine with water in the tray and pretty wet till rooted and they have rooted outstanding all 3 times :yahoo: a mass off roots filling water tray below within 14 days ! all in all i wont use anything else other than root riot or flea mix cubes now both are outstanding for clones :yahoo:

Good luck with them gg :stoned:

Day

not had a failure in 12 months using them
& i do alot of cuts...

:blub: :ninja:

Since trying them , I never looed back. Simple and convenient, 5-14 days rooting. Even had it dried out but they never died ;)