Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruno™

"inner Igniter" 70w High Pressure Sodium Lamps

Anybody know anything about Inner Igniter High Pressure Sodium Lamps. I'm having to set up a micro grow and all my lights are big.

post-17828-1164624718_thumb.jpg

Inner igniter high pressure sodium lamps feature high luminance

efficiency, low power consumption, long life and a white light

that can penetrate fog. They do not require ballast and are suitable

for roads, airports, wharves, stations and industrial lighting purposes.

The power is 70W

Reading this I'm assuming that they plug straight into the mains via an E27 fitting. Has anybody used/using these for flowering.

I'm think of using 4 of these then another 70w remote ballast hps that I have for a total of 350w. A single 250w hps generates far to much heat in my 'new' tiny flowering room(19"x19"x25").

6"pots, 14" from 250hps leaves me with about 5" for bud, so this really is not worth the trouble.

You can get the plants as close as 3" to a 70hps, which would give me about 16" for bud, I'm going to scrog as this is the best option for such a small space. The alternatives would have to be 2x125w eviro's with 70hps.

Thoughts, ideas, comments.

Thanks.

never seen these, can they be found in holland?

arent they feckin excellent for a vegging cabinet?

or as an addition in streched wardrobes, to light corners of the drobe?

used em once for vegin, probibly the rong spectrum for bud

They are hps, which are spot on for flowering :ninja: sounds to me like they would just plug straight in but not sure what size of fuse would be best. lol

That has to be a misprint - you may not need a seperate ignitor but you need a ballast !

(maybe they're actually MTF lamps ?)

(given the "white light" bit)

Edited by compostverte

you need a ballast !

consider that spam :ninja:

read the quotes..

They do not require ballast

Sorry guys, that quote seems to be BS. After an hour in google I've discovered that they defo need a ballast.

post-17828-1164628040_thumb.jpg

You can find these for about £20. It's easy enough seperate the ballast from bulb, which is what I'll be doing.

They are 2050K, which is more in the red end of the spectrum.

Edited by Bruno™

Well, any HID lamp (MH, HPS, etc) needs a ballast, by definition.

So it could be that these lamps have some kind of small electronic ballast built in (like Compact Fluoros), but I agree with compostverte, that it's more likely just a misprint.

If, OTOH, they do have small electronic built-in ballasts, I'd like to know the price. They could make for some interesting supplementary solutions. Got a link to the manufacturer's site?

(Edited PS:- Sorry, Bruno, we were writing at the same time)

Edited by Gert Lush

Sorry guys, that quote seems to be BS. After an hour in google I've discovered that they defo need a ballast.

post-17828-1164628040_thumb.jpg

You can find these for about £20. It's easy enough seperate the ballast from bulb, which is what I'll be doing.

They are 2050K, which is more in the red end of the spectrum.

sue them for false advertisment :ninja:

SON E Eliptical Internal Ignitor

SON E Eliptical Internal IgnitorA range of SON-E eliptical sodium lamps that require has a interanl ignitor in the lamp. These lamps can be reconised by a small I in a triangle on the side of the lamp. This lamp gives off an orange light and is used for flood and street lighting applications.

Laz

So no ballast needed laz? :unsure:

So no ballast needed laz? :smoke:

Yes it needs a ballast.

The only point in having a built-in ignitor is that it allows a far longer cable run from ballast to lamp than would be the case if the ignitor was in the ballast.

I've grown with one of those very units stripped down and the wires extended to extend the bulb away from the ballast. I added a bank of four 2ft flourescents and got a fairly good result early on in my growing experience. I've just got it back from my mate and i'm planning a micro grow with magic bud. I'll post as and when etc. lol

Generally, the smaller the wattage of a bulb, the less efficient it is, so mixing a few smaller bulbs will produce less light and more heat than an equivalent single large bulb.

Edited by Fat Freddy