Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
9speed

If You Accidentally Snap Off The Main Cola During Flowering

Is it still worth letting the plant carry on flowering or is it doomed? Do the chemicals regroup and boost the lower secondary colas to a certain extent? Or does the plant likely die from shock?

I am about 3 weeks into flower...

What can I expect to happen to a 4ft plant that has just lost the entire main cola (about 6 inches)??

Edited by 9speed

How far into flowering is it? :yep:

i just done the same thing 3 weeks into flower :yep: 3 bent and one didnt

I'd continue to flower it but keep a close eye out for banana's :yep:

It is possible to repot the top, straight away, if you have a clean cut.Clean cuts on all breaks helps avoid problems on both sections.The top will still produce roots although the stress might affect its female flower production and go hermie.The rest of the plant will bulk out its remaining buds nicely.

Is it still worth letting the plant carry on flowering or is it doomed? Do the chemicals regroup and boost the lower secondary colas to a certain extent? Or does the plant likely die from shock?

I am about 3 weeks into flower...

What can I expect to happen to a 4ft plant that has just lost the entire main cola (about 6 inches)??

The plant will boost development of the side colas. Her sole objective is to flower and produce seeds to re-generate, and will attempt to do that by whatever she has available.

The first step is to establish femininity and deny her the oppertunity to be pollinated by a male plant. She will do her best to acheive this by putting out as many potential pollinating sites as possible.

Hence the large amount of procedures to promote that. Topping, FIMing etc, etc.

how snapped is it mate ?

right off or just snapped , if it's just snapped support the cola and had them carry on growing fine !

ukgg