Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MU

The Best Horror Flick Of All Time?

856 posts in this topic

If you haven't seen Cube it's another one that comes highly recommended, a very original film quite nasty in places, quite a strong psychological element to it aswell.

i dont really like horror films...well at least i think i dont,the're the ones that make you jump, right?

'the cube' is great fun however with all sorts of stuff going on apart from the blood and frights

The best horror film of all time now thats a hard one.

Do you go for pure gore and violence,

or shit you up scares,

or someting that gets under you skin and fucks with your head for days..

post-8301-1145349698_thumb.jpg

Jaws instilled a fear of the sea in me that will always be with me :eek:

same here dude

im wary of the sea after jaws i think itll have effected a lot of people

peppi :smoke:

As for best movie - only ones I can think at the mo. are American Werewolf in London and the thing (Carpenter).

Nice one blab, how can you have a best horror film thread without American werewolf or the Thing. Pure 80's nostalgic classics. Near brought a tear to the eye just thinking about the werewolf transformation, that was dead classy, that.

I made a typo which I changed earlier, but it would make a good horror film. American Qwerewolf in London :smoke::eek: .......insert pun here

The best movie werewolf EVER is Eddie,played by Robert Picardo in Joe Dante's "The Howling"

Church mate, you're making me feel like the Paul Whitehouse character in the Fast Show, who keeps changing his mind.

Me: "Yeah, yeah, American Werewolf in London, best ever werewolf film ever, no doubt."

Church: The best movie werewolf EVER is Eddie,played by Robert Picardo in Joe Dante's "The Howling"

Me: "The Howling, of course, yeah, thats the best one, definately."

Random UK420er: Howlings alright, but how about Curse of the Werewolf with Oliver Reed?"

Me: Yeah, Curse of the Werewolf, proper classic, thats the best one

repeat ad-finitum

I'd have to say The Howling is the scariest Werewolf Film, but I prefer American Werewolf in London. I think :smoke:

How stoned are you THC4METOO ? It's me,not Church who's claiming that Eddie is the best movie werewolf ever (the best Movie Werewolf please note,NOT the best Werewolf Movie....that honour goes to "Teen Wolf" :yinyang: )

This is a good one ;)

The "Cannibal Holocaust" is a good gory one too :yinyang:

Presents .... " I spit on your grave" :yep:

post-8325-1145355287.jpeg

How stoned are you THC4METOO ? It's me,not Church who's claiming that Eddie is the best movie werewolf ever (the best Movie Werewolf please note,NOT the best Werewolf Movie....that honour goes to "Teen Wolf" :yinyang: )

Too stoned too early, sorry mate. It's not even like your avatar is ambiguous in any way, is it? :yep:

I'll get me metamorphosis ;)

The "Cannibal Holocaust" is a good gory one too :yep:

'Cannibal Ferox' and 'Cannibal Apocalypse' are another two "must-see" :yinyang: Cannibal flicks.

cannibal_ferox.jpg

1980%20-%20Cannibal%20Apocalypse%20(DVD).jpg

I can't be watching most of those italian cannibal films, not that I've got anything against cannibal movies, but any films which include real live cruelty to animals are fucking wrong.

Aliens isn't a horror movie it's a dumbass action movie with monsters.

If you've seen I Spit on Your Grave and liked it you may also want to try Last House on The Left, can't say I care for either of them really neither of them are really horror films more like sleazy, sensationalist exploitation movies.

To be honest I don't think any films really scare me, the odd one here and there might make me jump a bit but that's about all.

This probably doesn't even need mentioning but if you haven't already seen it check out The Evil Dead by Sam Raimi , the effects may look utter pants now but it's still one of the funniest and most intense films I've ever seen, the sequels aren't bad either but the law of diminishing returns most definately applies .

Edited to add

The original Hellraiser is still one of my favourite horror films, the first sequel isn't too bad either but steer well clear of the rest as they are complete and utter shit.

One of the most nightmarish things I've ever seen is an animated version of alice in wonderland (no not the disney one ;) ) called Alice, it was a stop motion animation thing using puppets but it was so fucked up, dark and twisted it really was weird, kinda hard to explain though, worth a look if you can find it anywhere.

....... or if you just want to have your head done in completely do a load of acid then sit there and watch Eraserhead by David Lynch .

Edited by Lizard

One of the most nightmarish things I've ever seen is an animated version of alice in wonderland (no not the disney one ;) ) called Alice, it was a stop motion animation thing using puppets but it was so fucked up, dark and twisted it really was weird, kinda hard to explain though, worth a look if you can find it anywhere.

This'll be Jan Svankmajer's Alice,Lizard.It's shown on Channel 4 from time to time and is available on DVD.

:headpain:

'Streets of Crocodiles' is another good Quay Brothers animation. Here are a couple of pics from the film.

post-12237-1145374432_thumb.jpg

post-12237-1145374453_thumb.jpg

....and the cover for 'Alice'

post-12237-1145374580_thumb.jpg