Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MU

The Best Horror Flick Of All Time?

856 posts in this topic

just had a very enjoyable hour or so watching microwave massacre... :spliff:

i defy anyone to come up with a better horror movie than that!

you can download microwave massacre from mininova.

i also watched Driller Killer earlier this evening, now that was pretty grim too!

im in a mood for gore, can anyone make any good recommendations? ive already seen peter jacksons finest slasher-fests (before anyone sugests Bad Taste and Brain Dead) so im looking for other B-rate video nasties, the more appalling the better!

:wacko:

Edited by Hipgnosis

Should be some interesting films coming up... :spliff:

GreenKrow :wacko:

post-12237-1145314655_thumb.jpg

Ummm perhaps a bit :ouch: but We just tried to watch this tonight

http://www.lff.org.uk/films_details.php?FilmID=461 "A Hole in my heart" it's called.

It's by the same director as the great hippy commune film 'together' - but this is errrm, different. Mrs Blab insisted we switch it off a couple of minutes in at the labia removal scene :D It was grim and looked to only get grimmer.

So if you wanna watch that and tell me what happens please do! ;):wacko: ....Mrs Blab's choice and we didn't even get to watch it ;)

Try 'Cannibal Holocaust' if you're in a bad mood - cheared me up no end last time I watched it in anger. ;)

As for best movie - only ones I can think at the mo. are American Werewolf in London and the thing (Carpenter).

'edit' just found this review of hole in my heart :)http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/h/hole_heart.html :spliff:

Edited by Blabblabberbab

post-11177-1145321037_thumb.jpgNightmares in a damaged brain, one of best/worst of the 80's sickflicks!

post-11177-1145321037_thumb.jpgNightmares in a damaged brain, one of best/worst of the 80's sickflicks!

Watched this on VHS when it first came out, remember it being very strange at the time. i was only 11-12 mind lol

Think some very strange man was 'playing with his todger' in a peep show booth in Soho for some reason. Remember he wasn't the full ticket as it were :unsure: don't remember much else. lol

:unsure:

Have you tried/seen "Saw" ?

I think that was pretty cool :unsure:

Jaws instilled a fear of the sea in me that will always be with me :unsure:

Yep, Blackpool has never been the same for me since :unsure:

First time I saw it, I think I was about 10, and my bro was 5. It was Christmas day evening, I was stuffed with turkey and chocolate and whatnot, that head appeared in the boat, with the eyeball dangling out, and I threw up over my bro's head lol

It's one of his first memories :unsure:

if you want gratuitous, meaningless, extreme sadistic gore grab yourself a copy of the japanese guinea pig films, if you want something with a story too check out some of the work by italian directors Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci ( especially his film The Beyond, possibly the most atmospheric and fucked up zombie film ever) .

Nightmares in a Damaged Brain is a pile of wank it only got a name for istelf because it was the first film banned in the great video nasty witch hunt and then it was only banned because the makers refused to make a couple of minor cuts.

Dr Butcher MD is a totally demented cannibal/zombie/mad doctor movie, well worth a look on a rainy afternoon .

If you like the real sicko stuff you might like to try and find a copy of Blood Sucking Freaks and also Anthropophagus to get you started.

I'm sure I can think of some more gems given time.

Edited by Lizard

"the devils rejects" by rob zombie his 2nd and best film yet i would say and still one of the goriest films ive seen and ive seen saw saw2 jaws collection,canibal and zombie holocaust and still rate this the top bollox :unsure: check it out mate also to compare with his first film "houes of 1000 coarpses" a good ole killer clown flick yet seems to get slightly over the top with sum metal terminator reject towards the end :unsure:

also anyone seen and care to rate "the hills have eyes" heard its a pretty gory and enjoyable film if in the mood and the genyre type lol lemme know ppl

Edited by razkhudebay

"the devils rejects" his 2nd and best film yet i would say and still one of the goriest films ive seen and ive seen saw saw2 jaws collection,canibal and zombie holocaust and still rate this the top bollox :unsure: check it out mate also to compare with his first film "houes of 1000 coarpses" a good ole killer clown flick yet seems to get slightly over the top with sum metal terminator reject towards the end :unsure:

also anyone seen and care to rate "the hills have eyes" heard its a pretty gory and enjoyable film if in the mood and the genyre type lol lemme know ppl

the hills have eyes isn't particularly gory it's basically not much more than a Texas Chainsaw rip off set in the desert, it's ok but nothing special.

alright then mate :unsure: by the sounds of it your more of a classic horror blood masacre guy :unsure: its all good mate i think ill still check it out but ill exspect to see pretty much what you have stated lol

If you haven't seen Cube it's another one that comes highly recommended, a very original film quite nasty in places, quite a strong psychological element to it aswell.

if you want gratuitous, meaningless, extreme sadistic gore grab yourself a copy of the japanese guinea pig films

Naked Blood,Organ,Men Behind The Sun are some other Jap films worth noting,and are available on Japan Shock label

Another Gore filled Asian flick is "The Story Of Ricky"

B00004TJM8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

If you like the real sicko stuff you might like to try and find a copy of Blood Sucking Freaks...

I mentioned this in another thread a couple of months ago,but I got hold of a bootleg vhs of Bloodsucking Freaks almost 20 yrs ago - it was like finding the Holy Grail back then.But these days,it's shown regularly on Sky's Horror Channel.

"Aftermath" is short and sick.

aftermath-genesis.jpg

And what about "Cannibal Holocaust" ?

Cannibal_Holocaust_movie.jpg

And what about "Cannibal Holocaust" ?

Sorry razkhudebay..just realised you mentioned it.

But as this thread has so far only mentioned gore films and the title is after all asking what's the best Horror flick of All Time it's only fair to mention films that would deserve that title,because as enjoyable and entertaining as gore flicks can be(and tbh,I hardly watch any these days and don't hunt them down like I did in my teens - grown out of em perhaps :unsure: ) the ones already mentioned aren't deserving of being considered up there in the list of "Best Horror films"

So here's a few of what I'd consider to be the Best Horror Films of All Time.Some might argue that a few listed are Sci-Fi and not Horror,but they're genre cross overs and imo can safely be considered as Horror flicks.

In no particular order,but starting with some early ones..

Nosferatu,The Cabinet Of Dr.Caligari,M,Frankenstein,Bride Of Frankenstein,The Mummy,Dracula (Universal and Hammer),The Invisible Man,The Beast With Five Fingers,Cat People,White Zombie,I Walked with a Zombie,The Thing From Another World,Night of The Demon,The Comedy Of Terrors,Witchfinder General,The Wicker Man,Texas Chainsaw Massacre,Night of The Living Dead,The Exorcist,Rosemary's Baby,Psycho,Audition,Alien,Aliens,The Evil Dead,A Nightmare on Elm Street but none of the sequels and likewise for Halloween.

Edited by Twenty_Three