Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GabrielKnight

Overgrow.com Unavailable For Over A Week Now

424 posts in this topic
A server upgrade really shouldn't take 3 days unless a problem unforseen has arisen. Like a burst watermain, popped motherboard with no replacment in stock etc.

The new server should be up and running before the other one is taken down, ideally.

Really, the only downtime visible should be a reboot/disc check - then time for server services to boot up.

I'm starting to get worried. 4 days now.

Overgrow should be given some credit. It certainly has some weak points, like it being visited by thousands of clueless kids and the way that many members band together to gang up on people with different views to their own.

The site itself, has some good points though, like the comprehensive strain guide, grow reports for every strain and the sick plant guide.

Edited by gunnaknow

Grow FAQs and articles are excellent. Pity about the forum.

Now into day 5... :nea:

I don't want to seem like I'm banging on about this, but there must be some sort of problem? :soap::blub:

Does anyone know anyone with links to that site who can find out what's going on? A name or two were mentioned at the start of the thread.

Also, can someone please also confirm that they are also unable to access the website - just to make sure its not just my computer playin' up again! :blub:

I don't want to seem like I'm banging on about this,

Then don't.

:blub:

:blub:

There should be an email addres available if you google for it.

Edited by HvyFuel

Then don't.

:unsure:

:rofl:

Or better still ... ;) Don't come into a thread you don't have any interest in!

:unsure:

hello peter

its me the bloke in chat

how is the old P H anyway m8 ;)

catch ya l8r man

:rofl: PGT

Have you ever actually done a server upgrade?!?!?! 3 days is nothing, espcially if they're puttin in a striped delivery system...

ive lost count of how many commercial large business servers ive done full system upgrades on, over the years, but as thats a primary function of my job, lets just say ive done it plenty, and 3 days for an upgrade is a FUCKING AGE!!

...regardless of whether theyre implementing striped / RAIDed disk arrays (which actually should make things quicker, not slower).

obviously, it depends on the resources available for the upgrade and how well planned out it is, but generally speaking, 3 days for a server upgrade is a fucking long time and would be completely unnacceptable to business-critical application servers running in banks for instance.

3 days for an upgrade, id be out of a job (if i had one that is :yinyang: )

Edited by MU

Now that is an interesting turn of events....

:yinyang:

Edited by Church

:wassnnme:

OG R.I.P :yinyang:

So this is what its come too has it?

Canada, a liberal country on the issue of cannabis, has witnessed the authorities busting an online community used to discuss the growing of cannabis. I'll concede that overgrow was a large and obvious target, however it is still seems very wrong to me for it to happen. You can't deny that OG was the largest collection of all different kinds of folk that share a love of growing a herb. And for it to be ripped apart is a sad thing indeed, not least of all because it makes you wonder whether this will happen anywhere else. Maybe the online realm is no longer as free as it once used to be.

Good job Phil Zimmerman did realease PGP encryption as freeware, we might need to be using it or a derivative to discuss the evil and forbidden art of rolling a joint before long lest we get busted for even speaking the name of the terrifying herb that shall not be named.

Oh well I'll stop babbling and wish those who have or are still about to be busted good luck, it does sound rather a lot like they will need it. :yinyang:

well im sure many here will be cracking open the champane now. but i will miss it there strain guide was something else :yinyang: red

:yinyang:

passive - aggressive much m8 :yinyang:

no-one here will be cracking open the champagne and no-one here has personally attacked you redbeard, please stop being a martyr for overgrow.

:wassnnme::yinyang:

and if you had thought about it first and made the strain guide a bookmark that is available offline, then it would have downloaded the pages onto your hard drive and there would be no problemo.

again, not having a go (although i fear you may see it differently redbeard m8)

but we moaned less when our server was down.