Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Pope Urban XVI

Germination

How do people like to germinate seed? I usualy stick it straight into cubes but am planting some C4 seeds tomorrow and wa nt the very best for them and have heard people say you you should put in wet tissue. What's the advantage of that way over the other?

high

i think the logic of germanatin on paper towels is so you no they have

popped .personaly i would rather germinate in pot as wee seedlings dont like

handling .

:stoned::yep::guitar::guitar:

Here :yep:

Dead easy :guitar:

Owd :stoned:

Nice one Owderb but I'm still unclear whether tissue or cubes ar ethe best germinatng medium

Tissue= 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999% germ rates.

Cubes= A bit less depending on grower and conditions :yinyang:

:punk:

post-7455-1138413136_thumb.jpg

Nuff Said :punk:

On 1/26/2006 at 11:13 PM, Owderb said:

Here :yep:

Dead easy :guitar:

Owd :stoned:

Owd

When I click the link it comes to a page with an error message, says I dont have permission to view. Is this something that only full members can access? 

I am just looking for a good germination guide, I have only ever vegged and bloomed, and taken clones once. I have just recently built myself a small box for germination and can house a few young plants. So I now have the facility to do so, I am just a bit more curious to seedlings then clones as I have been told for seeds the temperature has to not fluctuate at all until they are established.

I am comfortable enough putting the seeds in cubes, coco pots or whatever method I choose, but the environment is what I want to dial into and test run with some hemp seeds a few times before I do for real. Thanks. 

Appreciate this post was a long time ago.

22c is recommended for germinating seeds, as long as they are kept wet, dark until the first leaves show and in hugh humidity 80 or above and in an area that won't get cooler than 22c or warmer than 26c you should get all your seeds to pop, some seeds which are known to have a tough shell can have trouble germinating, with these seeds if you put sandpaper inside a kitchen roll tube , put your seeds in there and shake not to violently to graze the outer shell that helps water penetrate in and start the germination process, what you choose to germ in is upto you, can be wet paper towel, coco , soil, cubes, jiffy pellets they all work as long as the other requirements are met, whatever you choose make sure it never gets dry or your seed will dry up as well and die