Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angel

Diy Drying Cabinet

;)

Lets face it a house full of smelly buds is a liability. Growing out doors has lots of advantages, but the stuff still has to come in to be dryed and cured. Although I got away with the aircupboard reeking, I cannot risk it again.

This season I have constructed a stealthy dry drobe.

Everything is readily available from the UK420 shop.

Take one IKEA pine wardrobe - (blends in with exisiting cupboard and sits on top)

Ruck fan 100 £69.99

100 mm Ducting £17

Fan controller £12.98 B&Q

Carbon filter £35

Modifications were:-

20+ 15mm air holes drilled into base backing.The idea is that all the air is drawn in at base level extracting to top.

Strip of 3mm MDF added to left hand door to seal the front doors.

Draught proofing foam tape around doors, except bottom crack.

Cut out a 102 mm hole in top of wardrobe fitted ducting to aperture.

Cut hole in ceiling (plaster & lathe !!) into loft space, from there into Ruck fan supended between beams on bungees.

Exit fan to carbon filter ( would have prefered to have it in the drobe at the start of the ducting but it's too big!) ;)

Power for fan taken from room, on power bar the fan controller is hidden underneath and easily accessed to change the speed.

All the best out there folks, may your harvests be good.

You got any ;) ???

;)

IMO you dont want to replace the air too much when drying or the outside of the bud will dry too quickly. I dont know how much bud you want to dry but it sounds a bit like a sledge hammer to crack a nut. I find drying and curing is essential to get it right to avoid a sore throat.

Om :wassnnme:

Posted enough times on this. Wish people would read up a bit first.

Respect your theory Angel, but would seem to me that that set-up would dry them out far to quick. End up with crumbling powder after a couple of weeks.

In the real world, careful and slow natural drying and then curing reap huge rewards. I do use a small ossy fan to circulate air during the initial hanging and 'wet' drying period to combat onset of any mould in the bud.

That process takes 2-3 weeks depending on bud density. The buds then get layered between brown paper with ample space, in cardboard boxes. Again, 2-3 weeks. That process extracts the last moisture out of the buds, gently.

Then, and only then. When the side cola branches snap with a resounding 'snap' I will consider putting them into glass, self-sealing jars for curing. Minimum 4 weeks.

So there you go. 2 months minimum after chop until smoke proper.

Considering that you have taken 3 months of careful growing and nurturing to get them to this stage, why the ferk, bollox it up by incorrect drying and curing practices???

I rest my case.

:headpain:

i`m pretty sure your preaching to the converted already! :yinyang:

bar the fan controller is hidden underneath and easily accessed to change the speed

hence the ability to dry as per.....

:wassnnme:

Sometimes needs a 6" nail driven in by a lump hammer to make sure some posts stay up on the boards though so some people take note and stop asking the same old questions.

Pin it as a general guideline - How To etc.......... :yinyang:

lol

i`m pretty sure your preaching to the converted already! ;)

hence the ability to dry as per.....

:yinyang:

Not the poster of this thread though, or so it would appear. :yinyang:

Looking forward to some pic's, Angel ;)

I reckon a drying 'drobe is a great idea for stealth and smell-free drying if it's an issue and you don't want drying bud smells wafting through the house :yinyang:

HI THERE

DANNYBHOY FROM CLYDE VALLEY HERE!!! JUST READ YOUR EMAIL ON DRYING!!! CHEERS FOR PUTTING IT ALL IN ONE EMAIL.BUT AS A VIRGAN AT THIS GROWING GAME COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH WHAT I SHOULD DO TO DRY MA HARVEST? I AM TWO WEEKS INTO THE 12/12 SHIFT AND BUDS ARE STARTING TO GROW WELL!!! EVEN GOT SOME PICS TAE SHOW YOU HOW AM GETTING ON??WHAT YOU THINK??

lol

Your being a little harsh there Boyz, I do know all that stuff.

Maybe I didn't explain well, that if the wet crop doesn't get dealt with quickly and stealthily there won't be one.

I do understand all the quickdry/slow cure issues, but wet weather on mature trees with ,mould threatening the priority is to get in in and the moisture content down.

Your idea about boxing up is a new one to me and may prove to be a life saver, cos the cupboard is full already and I'm only halfway harvested.

Thanks for sticking up for me Bush, you know where I'm coming from B) lol

Piccy as promised:

Have since added mesh frame across width of the cupboard, above basal ventilation holes.

lol

:bush: post-5355-1129055312.jpg

third time lucky eh! ;)

Lovely work, Angel.. and that is a fine, and elegant, solution to a situation.

Enjoy the fruits of your harvest.

U

to be quite honest, I find the use of the drying-drobe an excellent idea for those who are unable to dry our in the open air slow-like.

good on ya Angel, crop looks beautiful all hung out to dry

dikki

Thanks Guys

That piccy there is a fraction of it :headpain:

Got loads more to chop and process - more pics to follow . . . .

:smoke: