Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eldo

Light through the trees

Visited an old plot I'd previously done a bit of prep on today.

In thick woods surrounded by brambles, nettles and other prickles is about a 1.5 metre clearing I've made with no tree growth directly above.....will this provide enough light?

TIA

large.IMG_20230513_163347_copy_1200x1600.jpg

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Can't say from that pic mate. 

What time of day is the pic?

Is the photo facing south?

if so you look pretty blocked in by them trees , especially when they thicken up.

you want at least 8 hrs direct sunlight, but are really looking for 12hrs+ direct sun.

Remember , the height the sun arcs will get lower and lower from summer solstice. So you will loose light behind trees easily. So predict the suns path and open the trees up.

Edited by CheechChongReturns
5 people like this

Holy grail is horizon to horizon. In my experience, the more direct hours you get, the higher chance of a successful harvest.. This looks like 6hrs direct mid summer and 4hrs come October. Autos?

4 people like this

@CheechChongReturns Pic was taken about 5pm today, photo was taken facing north and was very overcast

@Slippy One will be autos if I do put anything out here hopefully finishing end of August or early September 

1 person likes this

Need a pic facing south to help really mate. 

If you face south at 1pm , the sun should be ahead and above.

Then look over your left shoulder at the ground, you can make an arc up through the sun to your right shoulder.

80% of what you see wants to be sky..

Then imagine another arc underneath at half the height.. Thats where the sun will be in sept.

There still needs to be enough light for flower

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Eldo

there is an app called sun position....thats give you the hours of sun you want to know.

Edited by DutchFox
2 people like this

Lop the top half off the whitethorn. 

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Lop the top half off the whitethorn. 

that pics north mate. fuck knows whats in the way of the sun 

1 person likes this

Cheers everyone will see if I can get there today and get a south facing pic but looking at that sun position app it's going to struggle getting more than a few hours direct light