Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hydro42

problem with pH

hi,
 I have a problem with the pH, during the day it drops from 6.0 to 4.7, since I switched to flowering.
 I use the Shogun series for soft water (RO), in addition, I only gave canna boost and the pH drops terribly quickly, I didn't have such a problem in vegetation.
 I even gave a higher dose of silicone to boost them, but after a few hours it drops again. I tried to add pH plus, but the EC increases, sometimes even up to 3.0.
 Water temperature around 18/20 degrees.

Do you know what could be the reason?

Let the pH roll from 5.5 to 6.5, then correct it back to the first number in a cyclic fashion. You won't hold pH steady. As you let it rise, the pH becomes briefly optimal for each nutrient. Change your water after 10 days and start again. Repeat. Total ec wants to be about 1.2ish.

Edited by catweazle1

Lower you feeds,drop the silicon now your in flower.

Feeds are generally on the acidic side,to pu it simply your plants are drinking more water than feed making the nutrient solution stronger and stronger which in turn lowers your ph

With the right amount of food at the right times you should be able to maintain a fairly stable ph

This is if your in a water based system such as nft or dwc

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Lower you feeds,drop the silicon now your in flower.

Feeds are generally on the acidic side,to pu it simply your plants are drinking more water than feed making the nutrient solution stronger and stronger which in turn lowers your ph

With the right amount of food at the right times you should be able to maintain a fairly stable ph

This is if your in a water based system such as nft or dwc

I have EC 2.2, will add water to lower it to 1.6.

I will disconnect the co2 and the closed circuit, because the dehumidifier is constantly running and maybe that's why there are such problems