Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ecto

New Growers Thread

66 posts in this topic

@mysticriverHi mate, how do you measure for par, as in what do you use, I just received my Uni-T383bt yesterday, and have to download the app, set it up today, learn how to use it, and take readings, so I should be going for around 400-450 par would that be correct, the girls are 17 days old today, and are moving at a serious pace at present, like I'm starting to think now i should have started Lst as well a couple of days ago on day 13/14, the main stems on a couple have got very thick, all filling out fast as well the last couple of days :thumsup:

Edited by Oldman2.0
1 person likes this

Just now, Oldman2.0 said:

@mysticriverHi mate, how do you measure for par, as in what do you use, I just received my Uni-T383bt yesterday, and have to download the app, set it up today, learn how to use it, and take readings, so I should be going for around 400-450 par would that be correct, the girls are 17 days old today, and are moving at a serious pace at present, like I'm starting to think now i should have started Lst as well a couple of days ago on day 13/14, the main stems on a couple have got very thick, all filling out fast the last couple of days :thumsup:

hi bro i measure with the photone app on an iPhone 8+, with a now-trusty n well used piece of 80gsm paper over the lens. it might not be 100% accurate, old phone an all that, but I think the app must adjust for different camera specs etc, well that how I do it, remember to keep raising as ur canopy gets higher

I dont know anything about the uni-T, but you should good with their app. yep 400-450 PAR will be lovely

my auto's are 3 weeks old today, I bent the main stem over at 10 days, as some stems can get stiff after that, today - im doing the next bit which is to arrange the main & 5 other stems around the round fabric pot, with ties, cut away some of the lower leafing & branches not required further. I find I have to trim away most of the leaves & 'ting that are inside of the rim of the pot, as they are just all growing into each other, as well as down into the coco and I wouldn't be able to water very well if I did leave all that in place...sooooo.. "yes" I would get on with a bit of lst now (but u dont need to be trimming out anything this early, if at all)

yep they defo start getting a move on when they get into their veg

mystic

2 people like this

@mysticriverGreat bit of info that mate, thanks :yep:

Everything ya said there rings home here. My gut instinct was telling me to start Lst a lot earlier, and I didn't listen, same thing here as well regards lower branches, leaves, and watering, but fuck me it's exciting, I can't wait to get up in the mornings, and have a look in :thumsup:

Edited by Oldman2.0
2 people like this

heres a DLI chart  to give you something to go by, have a look at the photone website as it has some really good and easy to understand guides on DLI / PPFD etc

large.autoflowering-cannabis-dli-cycle-1.pnglarge.62cc87dbcb2a2_dlichartforcannabis.jpeg

2 people like this

Strange how everyone has a slight different view on growing, I have just bent the 2 girls over lol and I’m going to try just tucking leaves rather than removing I’m at day 19 only watered once since the original soak for sewing, I just sprayed the leaves a little yesterday with just some water and Epsom salts, think they may need a drink tomorrow, but I overwatered last run so ain’t about that no more! I’m aiming for the ideal temps,humidity,VPD and leave surface temps but it’s not easy, I was doing the following from what I researched 

temp 25c
RH 80%
VPD below 1.00kpa

LST 24c

400-600ppfd for veg 

im in around these numbers at present not great consistency though, I have been using one of the plugs with a thermometer that switched on/off at certain temps with my small oil heater plugged into it, it was ok but the temps seemed out compared to my Govee and sometimes it would let the temp go to low before switching on the heater, might just go back to timer plugs

Edited by Ecto
2 people like this

Ive never tried growing using VPD, just seems like rot would set in with the high humidity levels needed but Im sure people wouldnt do it if that happened.

Im trying out DLI as I found it easy to get my head around. Its helped me identify I was bringing the lights down too early and I think this was stunting the plants. well thats the theory anyway - my current grow is the tester :smokin:

whats the temperature controler your using ?