Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Puffdiddy

WTF are springtales & what do I do ?

24 posts in this topic

I had Springtails in the past in my Notill pot without any issues. I've heard that they can get out of control in hydro situations as it's not as balanced soil life etc. If you're nearly finished and they has just arrived, I wouldn't worry mate. Finish as usual.

1 person likes this

@QFMAC

cheers bud.. I dumped the res, cleaned up a bit but still found 4/5 

I just want them gone as they are pretty nasty looking little things - I’m all hydro and don’t want to live with them. 
di you know where they come from ? How they get in ?

Just now, Puffdiddy said:

@QFMAC

cheers bud.. I dumped the res, cleaned up a bit but still found 4/5 

I just want them gone as they are pretty nasty looking little things - I’m all hydro and don’t want to live with them. 
di you know where they come from ? How they get in ?

To be honest mate in a hydro situation I don't know. It must have been some cross contamination. You could have brushed up on something outside and brought them in on your hands or even clothes?

I've only done soil so they could be dormant in the soil waiting for the right damp conditions to emerge. 

The little shits breed fast in the right damp conditions but you've already dealt with that.

Honestly mate I wouldn't worry at this stage. You are aware of them now and already taking precautions.; they don't breed that fast :yep: 

1 person likes this

spray the fukas with SMC !!! by by ya itchy fukas... :bangin:

1 person likes this

The tale of St.Brigid gels well with spring . 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, bill cooper said:

Just realised your plants are not as far into flower as I thought, I would still just pic them off and keep an eye on it.

I dunno..... I had nannas a few grows ago and did the pick them off job but every time I did the next day there were even more. Granted my plants weren't as far forward as PD's but in the end I ditched the plant to save the others from any chance of pollination. 

For what its worth mine came after temps went through the roof in the room due to rats chewing through my electric cable and went unnoticed for 24 hours. Guess the old girl got stressed enough for the "I must Reproduce before I die" reaction to kick in. Luckily it was just one of 4 so still got the others to the end.

My tuppence is watch it like a hawk if they keep coming give it the axe!

1 person likes this

@plantters

they keep coming !! Took another 4/5 off today - I think I might have the same problem as you - I had a couple of days when the temps went up to 35 - I couldn’t cool the room the tent is in - extraction on full pelt but it was just sucking in the air from the room that was also at 34/35 - I’m going to have to hire the hole saw again and cut a couple more holes for bringing air in, I stupidly forgot that bit ! Or rather didn’t really understand the importance for intake - I was passive - tomorrow she gets felled - Shame really - she’s the best looking one of the bunch. 
better to be safe than sorry though - my first grown was seedy here and there - back to the fucking drawing board lol 

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Puffdiddy said:

@plantters

they keep coming !! Took another 4/5 off today - I think I might have the same problem as you - I had a couple of days when the temps went up to 35 - I couldn’t cool the room the tent is in - extraction on full pelt but it was just sucking in the air from the room that was also at 34/35 - I’m going to have to hire the hole saw again and cut a couple more holes for bringing air in, I stupidly forgot that bit ! Or rather didn’t really understand the importance for intake - I was passive - tomorrow she gets felled - Shame really - she’s the best looking one of the bunch. 
better to be safe than sorry though - my first grown was seedy here and there - back to the fucking drawing board lol 

Shit happens mate, main thing is the rest of the plants will live to mature another day.... UK weather is bonkers TBH, never had these huge temp swings ten years ago apart from the odd hot or cold year... Now its every other month!

Good luck with the rest of them!!

1 person likes this

@plantters

All done - and on the rack - no seeds thankfully and her sisters seem to be, err sisters lol 

Thanks for taking the time to chip in..