Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chick0ndipper

Using oil in tea. Cow milk vs other milk

I’ve been using canna coconut oil in tea now. Got a spoon I use for dosing so I know I’m using a regular amount. 

However I sometimes used oat milk or almond milk and noticed I don’t feel the effects as much. 

Does this mean I’ve not decarbed enough or something? I used 1/2 ounce to 1/2 cup of oil. 

Fat is a carrier for the cannabinoids. Much more fat in cow milk than in other plant-based "milks."   Almond milk may be an exception to that, but I'd assume they probably separate out the nut fats from the milk. 

Use whole milk or cream and I'd wager you'll see a difference. 

2 people like this

you could make a tincture and add it to whatever you want food or drink wise :yinyang:

I thought the coconut oil acts as a carrier too.  So shouldn’t need to be added into more fat. it should be ready to use at max potency (wrt needing to do anything to it). I’m thinking this means the oil isn’t as potent as it could be? 

ideally want to use the oil in anything, water etc..

An MCT extraction might suit you better than coconut oil :D 

I might be misremembering but I think @growinggold has made MCT oil using a Magical Butter Machine.

Atb

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

Just now, Chick0ndipper said:

ideally want to use the oil in anything, water etc..

Then you need to incorporate an emulsifier.  Oil and water don't mix.  Look into Soy Lecithin.

That is correct @Shumroom . I made MCT oil n canna 95% vol alcohol. 

Between me and my friends the mct is most popular as you can simply just dose straight into your mouth with little flavour or gag. Or mix in your coffee,  drink or shake quite nicely. My go to way would be in protein shake in morning. You don't even realise it's in there until an hour so later when you're off your chops. Plus the benefit of mct is it remains a liquid. As others have said the mb machine is great to make it just add sunflower letchin. This ratios I did was 1oz bud per cup of mct with 1 table spoon of sunflower letchin. Or however you spell it. 

2 people like this

I may have to try making a batch of MCT myself @growinggold how long did you run it for? 

Atb 

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

@Shumroom couple hours I think. Followed the instruction manual. Good bit kit. 

1 person likes this