Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Labour 'Not Yet Convinced' Of The Need To Decriminalise Cannabis, Says Ed Miliband

19 posts in this topic

hi

Labour 'Not Yet Convinced' Of The Need To Decriminalise Cannabis, Says Ed Miliband

The former leader spoke out after Sadiq Khan was hit by a shadow cabinet backlash

Ed Miliband has called for cannabis to be legalised

Labour is “not yet convinced” of the need to decriminalise cannabis, Ed Miliband has said.

The former leader - who has previously backed legalisation of the drug - spoke out after a row broke out over Sadiq Khan’s decision to set up a commission to examine the issue.

The London mayor announced during a visit to America that former cabinet minister Lord Falconer will chair a commission examining the current laws on cannabis.

But that provoked an angry backlash from many shadow cabinet members, including Yvette Cooper and Wes Streeting, who believe it risks making Labour look soft on crime.

“Yvette is furious about it,” a Labour source told HuffPost UK. “People are just rolling their eyes because it definitely is not the official party line.”

Asked if he would like to see cannabis legalised, Miliband said: “That isn’t Labour’s position, no.

“We welcome Sadiq looking at these issues because this debate carries on and should carry on.”

He added: “I’ve said in the past that this is something that needs to be looked at, I think you probably know that.

“But Labour’s shadow cabinet position, which is a position I support as a member of the shadow cabinet, is that we’re not yet convinced of the case for moving on decriminalisation, but obviously we’ll look at what Lord Faconer’s commission has to say.”

During his US trip, the London mayor visited a cannabis dispensary in California — where the drug is legal for medical and recreational use by adults — which he described as “fascinating”.

Khan told the BBC: “We need to have an honest, open conversation about the evidence in relation to the history of cannabis and our laws in the UK and our experience of the health consequences in relation to crime and the community.

“The best way to do that will be with the drugs commission we’ve now set up.

“You can hear from the experts, that’s one thing, but seeing it for yourself ... hearing from those who cultivate and grow this plant has been fascinating.”

Home secretary Priti Patel was one of a number of senior Tories who were quick to criticise Khan for his intervention, saying his time would be “better spent focusing on knife and drug crime in London”.

“The mayor has no powers to legalise drugs,” she tweeted. “They ruin communities, tear apart families and destroy lives.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ed-miliband-labour-cannabis-decriminalised_uk_6280c8b2e4b0c2dce6511d71

Bongme

I am now curious how many labour members have a stake in GW Pharmaceutical and British Sugar :g:

9 people like this

Labour 'Not Yet Convinced' 'Haven't got the balls or public spirit' Of The Need To Decriminalise Cannabis, Says Ed Miliband

Fixed

4 people like this

The useless prick can't even eat a bacon sandwich, who cares about his opinion. 

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, bongme said:

who believe it risks making Labour look soft on crime.

Drugs are only a crime because some pricks decided they should be, not by any form of common sense. If drugs were legal, it would have no bearing on being soft on crime, and in fact would enable far better ability to fight the real crimes that actually do affect our society.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

hi

But that provoked an angry backlash from many shadow cabinet members, including Yvette Cooper and Wes Streeting, who believe it risks making Labour look soft on crime.

So out of touch lol

Asked if he would like to see cannabis legalised, Miliband said: “That isn’t Labour’s position, no.

gtrat way to get votes in the 21 century:wanker:

Home secretary Priti Patel was one of a number of senior Tories who were quick to criticise Khan for his intervention, saying his time would be “better spent focusing on knife and drug crime in London”.

“The mayor has no powers to legalise drugs,” she tweeted. “They ruin communities, tear apart families and destroy lives.”

So 1980s :soap: Yet half the plant is doing fine with it Legalised Don't see anyone in here bringing horror stories or anywhere else for that matter of the things you are saying? you are as phony as your party so old these two parties lol

Sadiq as got the right idea but the old out of date parties will not hear him They are to set in there old ways to change these old parties :soap:

The UK is in shit street economy and selling Cannabis would make over to billion £££ and more

Fuk them I don't like any of these crappy parties they never get anything right and they are too out of date for me!

Bongme :yinyang:

Edited by bongme
8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Who gives a toss what that dick has to say.

Some MP seem to have a face, well lets not say .

He is one of them cant stand him or his bro.

Tweedle dee and tweedle dum the pair of them.

Edited by hashi

37 minutes ago, bongme said:

“I’ve said in the past that this is something that needs to be looked at, I think you probably know that.

Translation : Lobbyists pay me 

4 people like this

54 minutes ago, bongme said:

During his US trip, the London mayor visited a cannabis dispensary in California — where the drug is legal for medical and recreational use by adults — which he described as “fascinating”.

Does anyone else read that and just think that he got stoned in Cali. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

Drugs are only a crime because some pricks decided they should be, not by any form of common sense. If drugs were legal, it would have no bearing on being soft on crime, and in fact would enable far better ability to fight the real crimes that actually do affect our society.

How the fuck medicine ever became a criminal activity is beyond me.. Ultimate political own goal.. 

6 people like this

Racism against minorities!

5 people like this

@monkeypigTrue that, can't let the darkies do what they want, playing all that jazz.. :yep:

5 people like this

And using those monstrously large penises on the white women will ruin them too - Think of the poor vaginas

1 person likes this

He didn't need to go to the states, Norfolk is only just up the road from London...:wassnnme:

Strangely I haven't seen anyone in Govbent mention British Sugar or Norfolk...now why could that be?

Hypocritical Cunts!!! :puke:

10 people like this

@stu914   That's the good weed that doesn't give you psychosis so it's ok.

8 people like this