Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CustardVape

Question about Clover MPC

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've got some Clover MPC which I'll be using for my auto run in the greenhouse this year.

I've currently got six beans just sprouting in a paper towel.

My question is can I plant the just sprouted seeds directly into the Clover or will it be too hot for the young seedlings?

Any advice much appreciated.

1 person likes this

Straight into the clover mate. Won’t have any problems… I’ve done it many times. 

I’ve done three years of balcony grows with it and been great every time. Lovely stuff. 

7 people like this

No problems with seedlings here either. Just be careful where you source it from as the last two bags from the big river I got had loads of springtails in it.

large.20220211_225505.jpg

Giving BioBizz a try this round

2 people like this

@Military Grade Yes I ordered from the big river. Ill keep an eye open for the little fuckers.

Thanks for the quick replies much appreciated :smokin:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That particular picture above was one of the plants that was runty and didn't drink very fast so the soil was wet for much longer between waterings which didn't help matters. The other plants in there at the same time were drinking at a normal rate so managed to keep the numbers very low in their pots, it was just that one runty plant they was running wild lol

Edited by Military Grade
1 person likes this

Just now, Military Grade said:

That particular picture above was one of the plants that was runty and didn't drink very fast so the soil was wet for much longer between waterings which didn't help matters. The other plants in there at the same time were drinking at a normal rate so managed to keep the numbers very low in their pots, it was just that one runty plant they was running wild lol

Is there anything you can do to kill them , or just run with it?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, CustardVape said:

Is there anything you can do to kill them , or just run with it?

Only thing i found was letting the pot dry enough between waterings, I did try multiple doses of hydrogen peroxide treatment but it didn't seem to help. If the plants are health and drinking quick you should be ok:yep:

2 people like this

What's wrong with springtails? I have them all the time in Ecothrive soil ... 

Springtails are generally considered to be beneficial creatures because they help break down decaying plant material by feeding and excreting, thereby participating in the nutrient cycle, which in turn helps improve soil health and structure.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Canna Denfour20 said:

What's wrong with springtails? I have them all the time in Ecothrive soil ... 

Springtails are generally considered to be beneficial creatures because they help break down decaying plant material by feeding and excreting, thereby participating in the nutrient cycle, which in turn helps improve soil health and structure.

Many would argue against that opinion from experience.

Also in most publications say when in high numbers they causes havoc and harm your plant. Definitely not a beneficial situation.

There is also the belief they eat the little hairs on the roots restricting the nute uptake.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just a snippet from what came up on google

"Springtails eat bacteria, fungi, lichens, algae and decaying vegetation, Some species eat plant roots or nibble on tender young plants, occasionally damaging potted or greenhouse plants."

Edited by Military Grade
3 people like this

In my opinion it’s tidy pal.

done all my outdoor grow in it this year straight from tap root to shoot.

The only thing I would do is put a handful of perlite in with it as it’s difficult to tell if it’s been over watered.

Good luck.

1 person likes this

Best compost available, no worries with planting wetted seeds, just pop the pots in plastic bag or cling film top to keep humidity up until they are above ground and free fron seed casing, then uncover them good luck

You can microwave the compost to kill any nasties, or put in a bucket and pour boiling water over it and allow to soak. 

Obviously before planting