Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Skunkman.uk

Old Seeds

Posted (edited)

Just for genral knowledge, what's the oldest seeds someone

has germinated, for example 10 years old ect ect 

Edited by Skunkman.uk

These seeds are easily 2007-2008. My own brand SBK (Superbike Kush) No more left. :ermm:

I haven't popped any for years. I have no idea if they are still viable. Result of a Hermie Kush (bang up)

large.DSC_1894.JPG

Maybe I'll try. It was OK.

6 people like this

Just now, Lux_Interior said:

These seeds are easily 2007-2008. My own brand SBK (Superbike Kush) No more left. :ermm:

I haven't popped any for years. I have no idea if they are still viable. Result of a Hermie Kush (bang up)

large.DSC_1894.JPG

Maybe I'll try. It was OK.

Looks like they will all germinate, nice fat seeds ,tiger stripe on them

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Skunkman.uk said:

Looks like they will all germinate, nice fat seeds ,tiger stripe on them

With a soak (!) I'll pop a few in water tomorrow, let us find out. I'll need to donate any seedlings though. Lux's grow's are full up at the moment. I know a few lovely people that might take them.

(Probably me, & Mrs Interior will be like that's a f@ckin 'nuff, we've got a mother plant, seedlings & Tomato's plants (and I quote) 'in the fuckin' kitchen'.

She's OK now, she's had a smoke.

I love her.

(She forgot the Scotch Bonnet under the kitchen table.)

I still love her.

Proper love that.

I think!

PS. I think you have introduced yourself now. Move general discussion into relevant threads.

Welcome to UK420 dude.

Edited by Lux_Interior
2 people like this

I recently popped some seeds that I’d had in the fridge for 12 years. I don’t know how old they were before I got them so I don’t know total age.

there was a drop in germination though, I’d say 20% didn’t germ

4 people like this

Can’t remember exact sources but I remember seeing a few different people germinate blues seeds in the last couple years from the fiest release in 2010. 

if they’re good seeds and kept in the fridge it seems that you’ll get 90+% germ rates even at 10 years and starts to fall more rapidly after that from numerous reports I’ve seen online. Oldest I’ve germed first hand is probably about 6-7 year old seeds and got 100% germ rate 

1 person likes this

I had two 10 year old ones that I tried to germ, 1 did and it was a girl too :guitar:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I remember in about 08-09 I popped my 1st seeds from nirvana top44 that a family friend bought in like 92, 2 of 3 popped in paper towel. 

I've actually still got a few, along with old thai/bag seed from the 00s,although they've been stuck behind a wardrobe for years and it might fall over if i move it lol

Fuck it im gonna try get them out and take a pic 

Edited by Shaggy1
3 people like this

3 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

I remember in about 08-09 I popped my 1st seeds from nirvana top44 that a family friend bought in like 92, 2 of 3 popped in paper towel. 

I've actually still got a few, along with old thai/bag seed from the 00s,although they've been stuck behind a wardrobe for years and it might fall over if i move it lol

Fuck it im gonna try get them out and take a pic 

Would like to see a picture 

1 person likes this

Managed to get them out, was abit of effort lolmainly because I actually want to try germ them all.

strangely there's a date stamped from Aug 2007,dunno if that's like a use by date or something because my uncle was with him when he got them,he says it was 97 and didn't see him for over 10 years,then i found the seeds in 2008 and popped a few in 2009. 

I'm excited about these bagseed too, I was getting alot of Dutch strains then so I'm going to try and germ them all once I move house and hope for the best.. 

14 bagseed at maybe 15 years old and 3 top44 at 25 years old

I vaguely remember the smoke being cirtusy, like pineapple maybe, but who knows:skin_up:

large.IMG_20220401_123014.jpglarge.IMG_20220401_122553.jpg

:smokin:

1 person likes this

@Shaggy1 Did you get any of the seeds to germinate? 

I’m currently running Smottie Remix seeds which I believe are around 9 years old, a few germination issues but I have some lovely looking plants!!

3 people like this

On 31/03/2022 at 11:51 PM, Skunkman.uk said:

Just for genral knowledge, what's the oldest seeds someone

germed some big sur/haze that are 16 years recently but my record was some mexican at 22 years old but i have seed only ten years old and it wont germ. some seed keeps better than others and when there dead there dead..:skin_up:

Edited by Dr feelgood
5 people like this