Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrGreenThumb24

Peat pots vs finals

Quick questions.

Most of my autos always seem to flower in week 3 or early 4.

I use peat pots in a propogator rather than go straight into finals as I like the control of humidity etc once the heads are up I put then straight into finals with a day or so....

Question being, do we think peat pots could cause root restriction and cause early flower?! 

Just curious really as in my head 3 weeks veg is OK for an auto

1 person likes this

I use those pots sometimes, not really noticed anything different to planting and transplanting and potting directly in to finals, I would say it helps avoid anything bad being done to the roots 

time wise, all depends on strain with autos, don’t read to much in to it - they will trigger when they trigger - the only thing I have noticed is pot size - straight in the bigger pots is slower as the roots take ages to fill out 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your experience matches mine, 3 to 4 weeks. I use 80mm netpots, with thin bars, and transfer them whole into 1L netpots then 12L-15L Air pots. I'm keeping an open mind on the final size. I reduced from 20 to 15L last time  with no noticeable loss of yield. Currently doing 12.5L airpots. Plants have been about 1m with bending of the main stem early on to bush them out and level the canopy.

Edited by catweazle1
2 people like this