Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RUFUS HOUND

2nd Stab at Autos - Gelato 41

143 posts in this topic

I’ll check distance tomorrow mate and it’s a lumatek 600w 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As usual I've smoked all my weed, so I had a little try of the G41 and even now it's sweeeeeeeeet. :smokin:

Need to crack this autolark as sick of running out,

note to self - must try harder :wallbash:

Edited by RUFUS HOUND

large.62803e805d323_Lux_ppfd_DLI24hrCT4000.pngFound this for autos 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Killuminati7, really interesting. Where did you find that?

Most advice I've seen is to keep PPFD at around 600/700 throughout the lifespan of autoflowers (based on 18/6 light schedule, adjust accordingly for 20/4 or 24/0). This seems much more detailed and contradictory, but would help explain why I got decent crops with my cheap blurples! :D 

(E2A - think I found the chart, on another forum...)

Edited by Crow River
1 person likes this

Day 59 of 70

The temps touched 30'C in the tent yesterday, luckily I was around and I have a second speed on my internal fan.

The G41-1 that looked like it was a week behind others, still seems to have a little bit of stretch left in her. Since I increased the light to the roof the PPFD reduced to 47 and has grown a little more - the other 2's buds are starting to bulk up.

I caused a bit of a light burn on a few of the leaves when I was messing about with the height 

under 10" for my light = crispy leafage.

Feeding 800ppm of Chempak no.8 (inc. water 150ppm) Im going to leave it at that strength, as I dont want to risk over feeding before the finish

large.62803139df921_G41sday63.jpg

3 people like this

46 minutes ago, Crow River said:

@Killuminati7, really interesting. Where did you find that?

Most advice I've seen is to keep PPFD at around 600/700 throughout the lifespan of autoflowers (based on 18/6 light schedule, adjust accordingly for 20/4 or 24/0). This seems much more detailed and contradictory, but would help explain why I got decent crops with my cheap blurples! :D 

(E2A - think I found the chart, on another forum...)

I just found it searching for auto dli :yep:

1 person likes this

Just now, Killuminati7 said:

I just found it searching for auto dli :yep:

I would have thought DLI needs to be a bit higher on average. From what I've read, 20 mols in the minimum required for normal photosynthesis to occur. Personally I'd be looking for somewhere between 30 and 40 mols for veg, and then 40+ mols for flower. Interesting notion to gradually increase PPFD as flower progresses. Seems logical, but a bit of a faff if you're having to adjust light height or intensity constantly to do it in incremental steps. My light is fixed position on ceiling, so that gradual increase occurs naturally as the plants get taller. :) Nice to have a dimmable light to avoid overdoing things...

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Crow River said:

I would have thought DLI needs to be a bit higher on average. From what I've read, 20 mols in the minimum required for normal photosynthesis to occur. Personally I'd be looking for somewhere between 30 and 40 mols for veg, and then 40+ mols for flower. Interesting notion to gradually increase PPFD as flower progresses. Seems logical, but a bit of a faff if you're having to adjust light height or intensity constantly to do it in incremental steps. My light is fixed position on ceiling, so that gradual increase occurs naturally as the plants get taller. :) Nice to have a dimmable light to avoid overdoing things...

You don’t have to adjust the light height it stays the same just use the dimmer at stages , I grow autos on 12/12 too and get some nice fat buds still, as long as there getting unuff dli :skin_up:

2 people like this

I posted these up on my DLI/ PPFD thread - might help but they are general ones for photos - ignore the high growth as without CO2 injection your plant cant process that high a ppfd, so reg growth is as much as us normal home growers can achieve.

so seedling 100 to 300 / veg 250 to 400 / flower 500 to 800

large.par-levels-for-cannabis1.jpg

a more precise DLI for various stages of growth 

large.cannabis-dli-cycle.pnglarge.cannabis-co2-ppfd-2.png

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

I posted these up on my DLI/ PPFD thread - might help but they are general ones for photos - ignore the high growth as without CO2 injection your plant cant process that high a ppfd, so reg growth is as much as us normal home growers can achieve.

That’s the app I use it good on a new iPhone that’s wot I follow :yep: I think I’ll do all my autos on 12/12 now don’t see the point on any more , I think autos are better for outside 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Killuminati7 said:

You don’t have to adjust the light height it stays the same just use the dimmer at stages , I grow autos on 12/12 too and get some nice fat buds still, as long as there getting unuff dli :skin_up:

Yeah that's what I do, use the dimmer. Some growers have lights which are not dimmable in which case need headroom to move them upwards.

For 12/12 you need a more powerful light, I realise this is not an issue for most people but was for me until this grow. Also, when my new light is up at full whack the temperatures get a bit high, so I'd rather have lights at a lower output for a longer. Many growers seem to be of the opinion that vegging at 20/4 produces optimal, strong growth in cannabis, regardless if photo or auto. 

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

As with most of the information on cannabis out there, this is for photoperiod strains rather than autoflowers. Most of the stuff I've seen regarding autos suggests using the PPFD guidance for vegging photos and just running them at the same levels for most of their life (apart from seedling stage). That presupposes that the grower is taking advantage of the ability of autos to flower without flipping to 12/12, and running lights on a veg schedule, e.g. 18/6 or 20/4, or even 24/0.

never tried an auto at 12/12 but if you have a high PAR/ PPFD light,  running for less hours will hit the DLI but over less time.

2 people like this

@RUFUS HOUND, another interesting takeaway from that chart is that without CO2 enhancement there's apparently very little benefit from having PPFD over 800. Food for thought there... :) 

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Yeah that's what I do, use the dimmer. Some growers have lights which are not dimmable in which case need headroom to move them upwards.

For 12/12 you need a more powerful light, I realise this is not an issue for most people but was for me until this grow. Also, when my new light is up at full whack the temperatures get a bit high, so I'd rather have lights at a lower output for a longer. Many growers seem to be of the opinion that vegging at 20/4 produces optimal, strong growth in cannabis, regardless if photo or auto. 

Thank god for leds :wub: I never noticed much difference on 20/4 than 18/6 vegging photos?? :yinyang:

1 person likes this