Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

chilled artist

Favourite Quotes

56 posts in this topic

"I'm sick of old men inventing wars, so young men can die!"

whats your favorite quotes, old and new....

feel free to quote yourself....is the meaning true and worth saying!!!!

2 people like this

Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War  

When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War 

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War 

Ok I admit, none of them are actually up there in my my favourite quotes, but being as you set a theme I thought I'd stick with it and those all seem quite apt for the circumstances :yinyang:

4 people like this

@Dodgee  it's the "predictable patterns of response" we need to stand against, makes you feel like you're being played like a violin with a song sheet attached.

we need more philosophers in positions of power or that can influence the masses

C'mon the truckers!!!!

Alright there Uk420.

When I was a teenager working all the hours I could to earn a living I had a boss who was known as Tony the bastard, behind his back as well as to his face, anyway the quote from T the B goes…

Shut up or Fuck off. 

Never a wiser word said.

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

1 person likes this

"Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."

3 people like this

Just now, mister phlegm said:

"Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."

I only do little maths, but this is maths in a nutshell. But why? Shut up and stop asking silly questions! lol

1 person likes this

“Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding”

-Albert Einstein

4 people like this

Fighting for peace is like fucking for chastity.

(various versions of the quote have various attributions, I think George Carlin said it but I'm not sure if he said it first).

4 people like this

Fight wars not war - Crass, probably Penny Rimbaud but it was years ago and it's not easy to find out.

3 people like this

Just because I can, it doesn't mean I will. Just because I can't, it doesn't mean I won't.

woody2shoes, whenever.

3 people like this

quote-this-is-where-we-are-at-right-now-

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, woody2shoes said:

Fight wars not war - Crass, probably Penny Rimbaud but it was years ago and it's not easy to find out.

(pedantic, sorry, but it's fight war not wars) :bag:

I like a lot of Crass lyrics, Jesus died for his own sins not mine is another favourite of mine :)

Edited by Boojum
4 people like this

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

quote-this-is-where-we-are-at-right-now-

Hey, @ratdog, you just gotta love Bill Hicks....... legend, and ahead of his time

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

kinda changing the mood....but...

"One who laughs at themselves, never runs out of things to laugh at"

Epictetus.

suppose some weed helps in this situation.... :rofl:

Edited by chilled artist
6 people like this

I like that :)

I don't trust people who can't laugh at themselves :nea:

6 people like this