Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank0420

Spider Farmer 4 Inch Quiet Inline Duct Fan

Hi guys I have been checking out a lot of info and videos on 4" Inline Duct Fan with Temperature & Humidity Controllers, there seems to be a lot on the AC infinity and Mars Hydro but not much feed back or reviews on the "Spider Farmer 4 Inch Quiet Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller". Has any of you got this in your set up and if so is it any good?

Thank you.

It looks like a carbon copy, worth a whirl if the price is right?

1 person likes this

Just now, anarchycamp said:

It looks like a carbon copy, worth a whirl if the price is right?

Yeah only  £92.69 on there website

Just now, frank0420 said:

Yeah only  £92.69 on there website

Is that with the controller that's like the controller 67 included?

UK plug?

Just now, Military Grade said:

UK plug?

yes

6 hours ago, anarchycamp said:

Is that with the controller that's like the controller 67 included?

yes controller added but its not the 67 but looks like it tho,,just goggle "Spider Farmer 4 Inch Quiet Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller"

1 person likes this

I had a goose this morning and saw the kit,looks worth a punt to be fair! 

25 minutes ago, frank0420 said:

just goggle "Spider Farmer 4 Inch Quiet Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller"

I did early. What retailer you looking at that does UK plug?

@Military Grade The bay of E has them for 97, 151 with the controller. UK plug

Spider farmer have their own UK site too, seems there is 2 types of fans there though intelligent inline and quiet inline 

E2a: OP should plump for it, get the 6 too and review it:punk:

Edited by anarchycamp
1 person likes this

Just now, anarchycamp said:

@Military Grade The bay of E has them for 97, 151 with the controller. UK plug

Spider farmer have their own UK site too, seems there is 2 types of fans there though intelligent inline and quiet inline 

Ah OK. I was looking on their UK site but didn't see any mention of UK plug so thought I'd ask:yep:

I'm in the market for a 6inch fan that I'll downsize to a 4 inch filter and run it on a lower speed to help bring the noise down.

3 people like this

Just now, Military Grade said:

Ah OK. I was looking on their UK site but didn't see any mention of UK plug so thought I'd ask:yep:

I'm in the market for a 6inch fan that I'll downsize to a 4 inch filter and run it on a lower speed to help bring the noise down.

Correctamundo! I stupidly assumed they would be, nope they aren't :mellow:

They look like Type B

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

They have them in their aliEx store £82 £62 for the 6" & £67 for the 4",they ship from the UK.

It's always cheaper than their UK site as well,even though they ship from the same place,they wouldn't even price match their own store lol,saved an extra £28 getting the cupboard led using ali.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
3 people like this

On 1/23/2022 at 8:48 AM, frank0420 said:

Hi guys I have been checking out a lot of info and videos on 4" Inline Duct Fan with Temperature & Humidity Controllers, there seems to be a lot on the AC infinity and Mars Hydro but not much feed back or reviews on the "Spider Farmer 4 Inch Quiet Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller". Has any of you got this in your set up and if so is it any good?

Thank you.

I've recently bought one of these, but it's my first EC fan so don't have much basis for comparison to others. First impressions: the fan looks good, seems well made and acceptable from a noise perspective. It's really nice & quiet at low speeds, but doesn't seem awful at higher speeds either.  Replaced a 4" AC-powered fan with a 6" SF, and it's able to maintain the same kind of environment at only 20% speed (and this is still enough extraction for my space, if my maths were right).

But, the controller is really pretty poor.  First major niggle, it only displays in Frankendegrees rather than anything sensible like Celcius. The manual says it can, but it doesn't.

Next, the 'smart' capabilities seem really really basic.  I thought you'd set a target temp & RH, and it would vary the fan speed to keep near these. No. Nothing like that.  You set a fan speed, then a maximum temp and a maximum RH. When the probe reaches either of those, it very quickly spins the fan right up to the speed you specified. When the temp/RH returns below the threshold, it simply turns off completely.  The low temp and low RH triggers are useless, because these also only make the fan instantly run at full speed (the opposite of what we'd typically want). In practice, I've just left it set at a constant speed as the 'control' options only result in the tent being unvented half the time. Sure, running the fans on for 10 and off for 10 probably doesn't upset the plants too much, but it isn't acoustically pleasing.

From reading about the Controller 67, it sounds a little more advanced (in that you can set a minimum speed to run at when it'd otherwise be off) but not sure if the other behaviour characteristics apply.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Corey420 said:

I've recently bought one of these, but it's my first EC fan so don't have much basis for comparison to others. First impressions: the fan looks good, seems well made and acceptable from a noise perspective. It's really nice & quiet at low speeds, but doesn't seem awful at higher speeds either.  Replaced a 4" AC-powered fan with a 6" SF, and it's able to maintain the same kind of environment at only 20% speed (and this is still enough extraction for my space, if my maths were right).

But, the controller is really pretty poor.  First major niggle, it only displays in Frankendegrees rather than anything sensible like Celcius. The manual says it can, but it doesn't.

Next, the 'smart' capabilities seem really really basic.  I thought you'd set a target temp & RH, and it would vary the fan speed to keep near these. No. Nothing like that.  You set a fan speed, then a maximum temp and a maximum RH. When the probe reaches either of those, it very quickly spins the fan right up to the speed you specified. When the temp/RH returns below the threshold, it simply turns off completely.  The low temp and low RH triggers are useless, because these also only make the fan instantly run at full speed (the opposite of what we'd typically want). In practice, I've just left it set at a constant speed as the 'control' options only result in the tent being unvented half the time. Sure, running the fans on for 10 and off for 10 probably doesn't upset the plants too much, but it isn't acoustically pleasing.

From reading about the Controller 67, it sounds a little more advanced (in that you can set a minimum speed to run at when it'd otherwise be off) but not sure if the other behaviour characteristics apply.

@Corey420 Thanks for the feedback, will def take note Cheers