Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mrsmokealot

Help!!

Hey guys! Right so I'm preparing to start my first ever grow kind of just dived in headfirst and purchased the wrong tent I've currently got a 2x2x4 height is actually 4ft 7 inch but after carbon filter and hanging lights it's about 4ft of useable height will this be enough to grow a auto to full term? Growing double grape auto from mephisto genetics using a 1500w phlizon qb actual watts is 200 and its dimmable any advice would be much appreciated! 

1 person likes this

Hi and welcome.  You'll be fine as long as you train the plant. If you start bending down the main stem at around 3 weeks then keep bending and tying any other stretchy shoots until weeks 5 or 6 then you should manage.  Well done for getting those seeds BTW, I've been trying for years.

1 person likes this

Just now, Mrsmokealot said:

will this be enough to grow a auto to full term? Growing double grape auto from mephisto genetics

Have the looked at the seed bank details of the strain to see how tall it potentially grows? Some strains grow to more than 5 foot plus. If it's a tall strain you might have issues with space so you'll have to train the plant from early. 

Edited by Caly
1 person likes this

@Caly it's not that hard mate.  It's simply a case of pulling down branches and anchoring them to the rim of the pot.  I've got a few at the moment which are supposed to be around 1.2m but with a bit of LST they're topping out at around half that.  It can get a bit tricky to water with all those ties in the way but it's doable.

Just now, Clubs said:

it's not that hard mate

I know I've done it a few times, still if the strain is tall, space can be an issue even with LST, that's why it's important to do it early when the stems are softer.

2 people like this

Just now, Clubs said:

tricky to water

I end up with the watering can on mine

mystic

1 person likes this

Might be worth taking a look at this guide. But should be fine just do the LSD.

Also may be an option to run your Carbon Filter on the floor to help pull hot air down from the LED depending where you are growing. Or blow into your Carbon filter and put it outside the tent conditions providing.

@Calythanks for the tips mate! Yes u shall be doing lst May or May not top I've heard topping can negatively  affect autos? @Clubs thanks for the advice too mate! And yes I'm well happy with my seeds they do a drop every Monday at noon! I'm working from home atm so managed to snag a pack ordered 3 they sent 5 including two random freebies! 

2 people like this

@Calyyeah the breeder claims 55-80cm however i know this can vary wildly depending on conditions etc as its my first grow I'm assuming many mistakes will be made but i guess that's how you learn! @s0ck3tthanks mate I'll have a browse of that guide looks interesting! 

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Clubs said:

Well done for getting those seeds BTW, I've been trying for years.

Ey mate, do you mean you've been trying to get that specific cultivar or any mephisto beans in general?

1 hour ago, Lubdub said:

Ey mate, do you mean you've been trying to get that specific cultivar or any mephisto beans in general?

Just the Memphisto beans mate.  Haven't tried for over a year mind.  TBH I'm happy with the price at Seedstockers anyway.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Clubs said:

Just the Memphisto beans mate.  Haven't tried for over a year mind.  TBH I'm happy with the price at Seedstockers anyway.

Got my Seedstockers seeds batch the other week, came super fast with some nice freebies. Well stocked up now - although there are a couple of other packs on there I'm eyeing.. 

I know the Mephisto UK site has drops every Monday - a mate of mine grabbed recently from there. They seem to have some more stock as of late as the drops are lasting for a few hours now instead of sold out in minutes.

1 person likes this