Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zulu202

My next grow (hopefully I don’t fail)

So I’ve attempted two grows all ready and they have failed. 

First grow was a DWC, when I transplanted to the DWC i snapped roots being nervous and had my light way way
To high. Ended up stretching like mad. Fail. 

Next grow I bought an autopot and had some bat/soil mix. Germinated and was about an inch tall in my click and grow before I transplanted to my auto pot. I then watered the whole pot to run off. Later to learn I should not have done this,
Totally stunted growth and drowned the roots. I scrapped this bucket as day 17 it was still tiny. Although when I scrapped it I noticed there was 1 root that did go all the way down to the bottom of the pot!

My next grow, I will germinate as normal in my click and grow. 
I have new substrate with is a organic super soil and all I have to do is water (supposedly)
I’ll add a bit of great white to the roots and put my plant in. I’ll only water a tiny bit each day for 15-20 days (unsure how much actually if someone has any advice for me) but I’ll make sure not to drown her. I’ll then turn the auto pot on and fingers crossed. 
I’ll put my light 18” away from the canopy and keep it like this untill flower? (Unsure on this to, it’s a vipaspektra p600)

Thanks everyone
Please give me some advice and tips! Especially with the watering when I first transplant. 

1 person likes this

Hi mate and welcome to the green room. 

Perhaps for your first grow it's best to keep things as simple as possible.

Get the hang of the basics and learn the behaviour of a growing cannabis plant.

Whether it's DWC or soil, select one and stick with it. I'd suggest going with soil for your first few grows - that's just what I would do.

You've posted in the autoflower section so I assume you're growing autos. I wouldn't be transplanting those, I'd plant the seed directly in the final pot - no need for the click and grow either.

If you're comfortable with the click and grow then go ahead and use it but move the seedling to it's final pot after that.

There are some pros and cons to transplanting autos but for the sake of simplicity I'd suggest straight into final pot. 

Once you get a little more comfortable handling plants and understanding root zones, then you could give transplanting a go. 

It would be good to know if your new super soil is an all mix or light mix - this will determine when you should start feeding nutrients to your plants.

In regards to watering - it's really down to personal preference. Just don't drown or starve your plants.

I can't give advise on auto pots as i've never used the things but I'd imagine you want to keep your plants moist, not wet though.

Also, that light pulls 95w from the wall I think so you could probably get the light a little closer than 18". 

Atb :smokin:

Edited by Lubdub
3 people like this

Wow thanks Very much for your details comment. Appreciate it mate. 

The soil is called Ecothrive eco life supercharge. I would link it but I’m unsure if I am allowed or not. 

Do I need to be watering everyday? When the leaves go droopy it’s overwatered. If both leaves and stems go droopy im

under?

18 minutes ago, Zulu202 said:

When the leaves go droopy it’s overwatered. If both leaves and stems go droopy im

under?

Yes that's correct bro but you want to be avoiding either of those situations.

There are quite a few factors that go into determining when to water - you have to find what works for you. 

You don't need to be watering everyday unless you're watering tiny amounts. Stick a finger in the soil and see if it's wet or dry to give you an indication.

Seedlings will need less water than vegging and flowering plants.

Yeah so when I transplant it I’ll just water around the plant and it’s that area I should be checking with my finger? Or do I need To be watering the full top of the soil? 
Here is the link to the soil

if I’m allowed to do it. 

Eco-life soil.

Edited by lildaveham
Removed link to growshop

1 hour ago, Zulu202 said:

Yeah so when I transplant it I’ll just water around the plant and it’s that area I should be checking with my finger? Or do I need To be watering the full top of the soil? 

A bit of both mate, you don't want the top soil to go dry either, so it all needs to be watered but perhaps a little more around the seedling. 

We're talking about small amounts of water here for seedling stage. It will increase as the plant grows and you should get the hang of it. 

Soil looks really good, never used the stuff but says it has food for the entire grow period. 

You may need to feed it something if deficiencies show up but thats another topic.

1 person likes this

Ok perfect thanks. My plan then is to water around the plant with a measuring jug and then the rest of the soil mist with a spritzer. 

Autopot to turn on after 2 weeks you think?

thanks for all the help again 

No idea for auto pots mate!

1 person likes this

I'd second Lubdub, KISS is the way forward and the way to learn, try something and if ut works keep doing it and try something else with it, if things don't work try to work out why then adjust, soil's much easier than Hydro imo, tip I use on established plants is feel the holes in the bottom of the pots for how wet/dry the roots may be, and using that eco soil from the grows I've read you may need a bit of calmag further along. But the best tip is to read as much as you can as often as you can then try stuff. Good luck with your grows, hopefully you're not far away from your first joint/bowl/bong/vape/edible made with something that you have grown yourself, there's no better feeling, well, there is, but when it comes to smoking there's not :)

2 people like this