Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rabbie burns

Tips tricks & help new grower.

55 posts in this topic

If you smoke that much then just bear in mind you'll never be self sufficient with a Ts1000. I'd say a 400w hid would pull at least twice as much, although again you wouldn't reach self sufficiency. 

I'm going to assume you smoke tobacco if you're using that much weed. If you can give up tobacco and just smoke pure (no cigs either) you can cut your consumption down by 75%. I know it sounds like a load of bollocks but it's true, I'm sure others will agree.:ermm:

4 people like this

Just now, Rabbie burns said:

@Keye thanks it is giving me some thought but I'm probably not as lucky as you lot on here I've got a Mrs that is already para lol but I think it's just because she thinks it going to be easily spotted hence the good filter and when I showed her how much we could save she seemed happy more money for her to go on shopping haha im found to probably do 3 plants and see what the outcome is ill just try to monitor everything as good as possible.

My wife doesn't smoke weed and my two kids don't know I grow or smoke weed. I have a tiny space and tending to plants has to be done wisely and quickly. It's easier to hide weed habits when you're growing at home that when buying from a dealer; you inherently have available more protection to take advantage of. The extra money saved helps and then the quality of the weed you end up growing will be better, no doubt.

Start simple. Fan, filter, LED lamp. It's all totally doable.

2 people like this

Just now, KC said:

I'm going to assume you smoke tobacco if you're using that much weed. If you can give up tobacco and just smoke pure (no cigs either) you can cut your consumption down by 75%. I know it sounds like a load of bollocks but it's true, I'm sure others will agree.:ermm:

Have to agree with this. Haven't smoked tobacco for 20 years and I vape my weed. Way more frugal and my tolerance is not so high as it was when I was on the ciggies.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Rabbie burns said:

leave the window slightly

im not sure if leaving a window open would help, but venting into the room leaves you open to major damp issues brother - ive been there...

is there not a window vent that you can attach to?

large.5C760C5A-4B70-4578-91F2-F621D954FC76_1_201_a.jpeg

Or you could go ballistic and just cut a hole...

large.25DE030A-35C6-4D50-A3C2-1CC01A985CF4_1_201_a.jpeg

Like I say bro definite damp issues otherwise

mystic

1 person likes this

On 12/01/2022 at 2:37 PM, Herbal Kint said:

Its simple

Only thing is, I’ve had a close-up look, and most of the bud has a poor crystal delivery. As in the size of and amount of crystals.

Thats going to affect any hash making?

mystic

Just now, mysticriver said:

Only thing is, I’ve had a close-up look, and most of the bud has a poor crystal delivery. As in the size of and amount of crystals.

Thats going to affect any hash making?

mystic

It's should be better then street hash,at least it's not contaminated,can't believe I ever smoked street hash

1 person likes this

Voost do a quality LED light for £118. Ideal for a small tent.

how do mate!

Now, while nearly every problem can be overcome by throwing money at it, we are not all blessed with the same finances.

Alas to some of us a budget grow has to be to a budget.

All I can say is budget kit can grow a quality product - I just did 4 oz off 3 plants using a 65W Chinese board

As the great flava flav said "dont believe the hype"  

3 people like this

Great thread (as usual).....I'm on my fourth auto grow and have a basic Mars hydro kit. I have really enjoyed my learning journey especially in the knowledge base provided here, I think the important message is to prepare for failure initially then anything better will be a bonus (I've been happy with all mine so far) I believe each of my grows have improved, definitely looking forward to the next harvest in a few weeks (fastbuds stardawg is looking / smelling awesome) but I'm realistic with what I can achieve with the resource I have.

From what I've learnt I don't think will get an auto 'perfect' immediately, and sort of regret I'm not at the same stage of knowledge with photos, also feel I've got a good understanding and don't really want to have to "learn" again BUT you need to think about potential yield in the space you have and also don't forget the cost (power)

Situation I'm in right now is thinking that 2 photo periods grown correctly would yield me more (probably better quality) than 2 autos over a slightly lesser timeframe, so think that's my next move.

Take all the advice you can from here, do what you think you need to do and look forward to smoking your own bud soon

2 people like this

12 hours ago, 5Lip said:

fastbuds stardawg

I have 7 of these in seedling - right on bro!

mystic