Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

brumbuds

Tent Fans (help)

38 posts in this topic
On 15/01/2022 at 10:29 PM, Chronnie49 said:

I recently started using a tower fan

have you got a picture pls

mystic 

22 hours ago, Aphatspliff said:

get a 16” oscillating wall fan!

bro have you got a pic - im really interested in this subject - the other pedestal fan I bought to modify, I sent it back 2 days ago, not powerful enough, so im back in the market. I was gonna get a better more powerful oscillating pedestal fan and cut it down - its a Beldray one for about £65 But im really wanting a better/different option. 

Before this I went all DIY and fixed plywood boards to the top of the grow tent with special fixings, then I hung 2 ceiling fans above. one at each side of the tent. I went through all that and then the 2 ceiling fans I bought of the river turned out to be shite - hardly shifting any air at all. And the fans were about £65 each.... I could have exchanged them for something more powerful, but better ceiling fans were £200+, and you can't really get them without lights. I just want a solution ideally where there is a lovely constant breeze flowing downwards into the canopy - ideally across the whole tent. hence the ceiling fans which, got sent back, plywood down special fixings sent back too.

Still looking for the best fan solution

mystic 

Edited by mysticriver

large.752DE3A6-320D-4289-9D40-2158DE40F0A2.jpeg

@mysticriverApologies for the terrible pic, I took a quick snap on my phone then emailed the pic to resize but you get the idea. You don’t need to be spending the kinda money your talking, this will do what you want providing your space isn’t huge. I’ve got one in my 1.2 and 1.5 tent and like I said before I only have it on the first setting. 

4 hours ago, mysticriver said:

mystic 

I use something similiar to that. Take off the base and hang horizontally.

Edited by GSZZ
offsite img hosting

Atb 

:yinyang:

4 hours ago, mysticriver said:

mystic 

My pic was deleted but just look up tower fan.

On 16/01/2022 at 0:46 PM, Aphatspliff said:

Piece of timber at the back of your tent,

how have you mounted it bro, and what sort of fan is it?

mystic

I use 2 SJ monkey fans, agree they're well noisy when they're turning, bit of lubrication and cardboard packed between the metal rod and base helps. I do like the pole clips they're on though, especially as they'll fit a £10 cheapo oscillating fan too, good not having to be on floor but they do cast a light blocking footprint directly underneath. I always thought most fans were designed to be on for a few hours a day over summer,  not 24/7/365, if I get 3 grows out of a fan I'm happy if I get 4 or 5 I'm happy and impressed. If you're having problems with the clips sliding down the pole have you put the correct clip in for your size of pole? Should come with 3 sizes. :)

Edited by Should Know Betterer