Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Daniel0405

Auto nightmare

17 posts in this topic

Hi. My first grow ever with autos. At week 4 and very stunted. PH good.  1/4 then 1/2 nutrients. Temperature good between 24-30 degrees. Using Scopex 350 at full power at 30” away. Any ideas why they are so stunted???

you need to post some pics mate

2 people like this

You need to leave Autos to do their thing, no stress. Don't even handle the seedling, no topping, no LST. No nipping leaves off. After 28 days you can play around with them a bit before they get on with flowering, then leave them alone again, apart from to cut out any crap underneath that's not gonna amount to much.... stringy stems that aren't getting any light etc. Try and stake them out before and again after they stretch.

Every bit of stress takes 4 days to get back on track minimum, so with their set timeframes you'll end up with tiddlers if you fuss over them too much.

With nutes, you need to be looking at how the plant reacts, rather than saying quarter, or half strength. Sure, start low but reading the plant will tell you if you need to up things or not. Get an EC pen and look at what you're giving them and compare it you your run off EC. The run off needs to be lower than your nute EC.

What you running anyway? What size pots, what medium, what environment? What's the EC of your plain water?

Start a thread and help will come Bro. Have a good new year.

Edited by teehee
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, teehee said:

You need to leave Autos to do their thing, no stress. Don't even handle the seedling, no topping, no LST. No nipping leaves off. After 28 days you can play around with them a bit before they get on with flowering, then leave them alone again, apart from to cut out any crap underneath that's not gonna amount to much.... stringy stems that aren't getting any light etc. Try and stake them out before and again after they stretch.

Every bit of stress takes 4 days to get back on track minimum, so with their set timeframes you'll end up with tiddlers if you fuss over them too much.

With nutes, you need to be looking at how the plant reacts, rather than saying quarter, or half strength. Sure, start low but reading the plant will tell you if you need to up things or not. Get an EC pen and look at what you're giving them and compare it you your run off EC. The run off needs to be lower than your nute EC.

What you running anyway? What size pots, what medium, what environment? What's the EC of your plain water?

Start a thread and help will come Bro. Have a good new year.

Same to you bro happy new year  

scopex 350 in a 150x150x160 tent. In 2 18ltr pots. No EP meter. Looking at other peoples diary’s theirs are a lot bigger/taller.  They’re reacting well to nutes each time I step it up. Getting bushier by the day, but they’re only very short like 6”. I’ve been very strict on temperature, PH levels. It’s a mystery dude 

Post a picture mate,sure someone will solve the "mystery"

Your pots are big enough to have a really big plant if it's not due genetics and concidering it's auto everything is possible lol

1 person likes this

You can train autos. I have lst a couple. 

Have you transplanted them or stated in final pot?

Transplantation tends to stunt them alot of the time. 

You need to upload pics with a few more details mate 

Also to add I have had a super short auto (wondered if it wasn't gonna make it ) then after a week of two into flower it really stretched up 

Edited by Jack?
2 people like this

Just now, Jack? said:

Also to add I have had a super short auto (wondered if it wasn't gonna make it ) then after a week of two into flower it really stretched up 

started in final pot dude. Struggling to upload pics as on my phone. No signs of flowering yet and nearly at week 5. Fingers crossed and hopefully full shoot up when flowering. Lots of new growth appearing so We shall see. Cheers

1 person likes this

IPhone 

Atb 

:yinyang:

3 hours ago, Jack? said:

Yeah, you can top, train, and LST Autos, all I was saying that it's easy to go overboard doing these things as a new grower and end up stunting them, but I find the less you piss arond with them at certain stages, the better they do. Have a look at my diaries, you'll see Autos that deliver!!

Transplanting wont stunt them unless you piss around and disturb the roots, gotta be quick and not let any light in.

Here's an Auto Night Queen I did last year, started her in a Solo cup, and transferred her to a 25L airpot at about 4 weeks.....

20.8 ounce harvested dry. No stunting here Bro.

large.5f6a20e0bc400_day92NQ1.JPG

10 people like this

On 31/12/2021 at 1:32 PM, Daniel0405 said:

Hi. My first grow ever with autos. At week 4 and very stunted. PH good.  1/4 then 1/2 nutrients. Temperature good between 24-30 degrees. Using Scopex 350 at full power at 30” away. Any ideas why they are so stunted???

What lighting regime are you using? 18/6? 20/4? Or on 24 hours?

My last auto started off pretty short but that was deliberate as I trained it fairly severely. However the seedling took a while to get tall enough to train, and I reckon this was down to the lights being fairly intense. Autos can take plenty of light but they may be a bit stunted if the lights are fairly powerful. I note the Scopex 350 is rated at 840 μmol/s - the light could be giving you a really high PPFD and a high DLI depending on how long the light is on each day.

May be worth trying to calculate your DLI (daily light integral) based on your light's PPF, distance from plants, and how long it's on each day.

Also if you're growing in soil you probably don't need much in the way of added nutrients until later in the grow. I learned this lesson the hard way on the last grow! :mellow:

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Shumroom said:

IPhone 

Atb 

:yinyang:

Thanks for that I’ve just uploaded 2 pictures 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I can't see error tbh

Plants look OK but I'd say they are round 2 weeks old not 4.

Maybe a slow walker? I mean they didn't start to flower so that's good

You give them water round 20c?

Ea2 I just saw you use Led? I'd bet on the light source as problem,anyone else using that Scopex  350?

Edited by Herbal Kint
1 person likes this

Some Auto strains are really short.  I've had a few strains top out at 40cm, nicely compact with a thick central cola.......lovely.  as long as she's looking healthy then everything's OK.  LED like the one you're using tend to keep plants more compact so if it was my plant and it looked like it was going to end up incredibly stumpy, I'd leave the main stem alone and tie down the lateral branches to allow a greater array of lower budsites whilst keeping the main bud intact.

2 people like this

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

I can't see error tbh

Plants look OK but I'd say they are round 2 weeks old not 4.

Maybe a slow walker? I mean they didn't start to flower so that's good

You give them water round 20c?

Ea2 I just saw you use Led? I'd bet on the light source as problem,anyone else using that Scopex  350?

We’re using the same light, wasn’t from the start though. Started using it about day 43 of flowering. It’s on full power and have noticed our bud is fox tailing! No doubt down to light and maybe high ec! 
@Daniel0405 Probably worth turning the light down to the lowest setting and have it about 20 inches away! 

4 people like this

Just now, Potprincess said:

We’re using the same light, wasn’t from the start though. Started using it about day 43 of flowering. It’s on full power and have noticed our bud is fox tailing! No doubt down to light and maybe high ec! 
@Daniel0405 Probably worth turning the light down to the lowest setting and have it about 20 inches away! 

I’ll give that a go cheers. Give it a week see what happens?

1 person likes this