Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Grow lady

Best lighting for auto plants

25 posts in this topic

Hi I have just had to scrap all my plants due to a hermie im gutted 28 plants chopped I plan to use autos this time and I need help with what lights best has last time I used led 1600w marshydro but the bud was fluffy and no dence buds so I have been thinking of going back to the hps it will help me with the electric cost also has im in the loft and in a tent I have 600w led lights also would you pop the seeds under the 600w led then switch to the 600w hps when vegging or just go hps from start please I really don't want anymore problems 

Share this post


Link to post

Whats the brand and model of each light? I can guarantee the Mars isn't 1600 watt, no one makes a light that powerful.

 

And what size space are you growing in? 

 

Some people use a combination of LED and HID. 

 

E2A Get a diary going

Edited by MindSoup
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Whats the brand and model of each light? I can guarantee the Mars isn't 1600 watt, no one makes a light that powerful.

 

And what size space are you growing in? 

 

Some people use a combination of LED and HID. 

 

E2A Get a diary going

It's really marshydro 1600w it pulls 725w but I worry its the lights that's caused my plants to hermie should I go back to hps or try led again I have a loft tent that fits 8 plants a time 1.2wide x 1.8high x 2.4long my other leds are a kingplus 1500w and 2 x 600w cheap leds small ones could I use the 600w leds to start then swap to hps when bigger ?

Edited by Grow lady

Share this post


Link to post

It won't be the lights themselves that would have caused a hermi, it's most likely either light timing issues, light leaks or just genetics being shite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MindSoup said:

It won't be the lights themselves that would have caused a hermi, it's most likely either light timing issues, light leaks or just genetics being shite.  

Must be genetics then has no light breaks or leaks gutted cos was week 9 flowering and all the cuttings where same version so scrapped the lot I'm going to try autos for the reason I can keep popping seeds in same tent to keep constant supply i might use the led first then add the 600w hps for heat I do also have a radiator with temperature control thats set to 25 and my twin fan controller and all other stuff just hope it dont hermie again has I didn't get any notice and even now can't see any male bits just loads seeds 

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Grow lady said:

I used led 1600w marshydro

 

the ts 1000 is only 150w at the wall so i expect it's no way near 1600 watts, that's why your bud is airy mate

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ratdog said:

 

the ts 1000 is only 150w at the wall so i expect it's no way near 1600 watts, that's why your bud is airy mate

I have looked it up online mine is a older version marshydro and pulls 725w if it was you would yoy start them with 600w cheap led then turn to hps 600w or just use the hps from start this time please 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Grow lady said:

I have looked it up online mine is a older version marshydro and pulls 725w if it was you would yoy start them with 600w cheap led then turn to hps 600w or just use the hps from start this time please 

 

 

i would still doubt that tbh

 

i've been using my hps/cmh for most of the year, i really only use led on it's own in the summer as temps are usually too low for led on it's own without spending extra on silly heating, otherwise i use them side by side most of the year.

 

i have a tent full of young plants/seedlings currently under 600 hps, they were started under a 315 cmh, but that was in a smaller cupboard. 600 hps is fine, just not too close and don't let the little ones dry out.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Grow lady said:

Hi I have just had to scrap all my plants due to a hermie im gutted 28 plants chopped I plan to use autos this time and I need help with what lights best has last time I used led 1600w marshydro but the bud was fluffy and no dence buds so I have been thinking of going back to the hps it will help me with the electric cost also has im in the loft and in a tent I have 600w led lights also would you pop the seeds under the 600w led then switch to the 600w hps when vegging or just go hps from start please I really don't want anymore problems 

Me thinks you need to do more research on growing. Seedlings don't need big lights, what's your medium? What are your temps lights on/off? 28 plants in a loft is either too many or they were all in 60ml shot glasses. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Me thinks you need to do more research on growing. Seedlings don't need big lights, what's your medium? What are your temps lights on/off? 28 plants in a loft is either too many or they were all in 60ml shot glasses. 

 

 

I had 5 different sizes of plants in 2 big areas I wanted to turn 4 every 4 weeks but I'm now planning on just 8 autos and then in 8 weeks popping another 8 autos and doing it that way I have a 2.4m tent and fan controller with in out fans and I have 3 600w hps lights and 2 led cheap 600w lights then I also have 1500w King plus led and marshydro 1600w led but I used the led last time and struggled with heat I have a heater in tent set to 25 all the time also so environmental issues aren't really a problem 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Grow lady said:

Hi I have just had to scrap all my plants due to a hermie im gutted 28 plants chopped I plan to use autos this time and I need help with what lights best has last time I used led 1600w marshydro but the bud was fluffy and no dence buds so I have been thinking of going back to the hps it will help me with the electric cost also has im in the loft and in a tent I have 600w led lights also would you pop the seeds under the 600w led then switch to the 600w hps when vegging or just go hps from start please I really don't want anymore problems 

go hps from start. the hps will produce more than the LED, and autos need high light intensity from the start.

i suspect your 600w led draws much less from the wall. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, badbillybob said:

go hps from start. the hps will produce more than the LED, and autos need high light intensity from the start.

i suspect your 600w led draws much less from the wall. 

Yes probably so it won't.be to much a 600w on new seeds thats all I was worried about im hoping the light means the heating will reduce also I lost so much money has qll cutting I had where from the hermie so I had to scrap 28 plants gutted proper 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, badbillybob said:

autos need high light intensity from the start.

Tell me more bro - I had the understanding that seedlings can only use around 200 PAR.

Are you saying that auto's can take the full 100% of my Maxibright & Lumatek ~450W LED's?, from germination?

 

 

mystic

Share this post


Link to post

@mysticrivermy autos start of under 250hps. Never had issues or signs of issues. (Granted it's not 450 led )

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I only own a 600 hps and my autos love it from the start just don't put it to close 

And make sure they don't dry out to much

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now