Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RUFUS HOUND

Thinking of going AUTO for next grow - advice

81 posts in this topic
27 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

large.DSC_0079.JPG

that auto gave me half an ounce and the pot was tiny.

Is this the sweet gelato auto? Nice yield, from a small pot. How many of them pots do you think would fit in a 80x80 tent? Sorry for jumping in on o/p thread! 

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

doubt I’d manage @blackpoolbouncers kilo in my 80 x 80 canopy

Not quite but 2 autos in there even under an old tech dual spec hps is good for half a kilo ime 

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Potprincess said:

Is this the sweet gelato auto? Nice yield, from a small pot. How many of them pots do you think would fit in a 80x80 tent? Sorry for jumping in on o/p thread! 

that was squeezed into a 40x40 cupboard with two other plants veging.

you'd want bigger pots. The sweet gelato isn’t a big plant though so I do think you could get 9 of them in 6ltr pots in an 80x80 and get about 2-3 ounces a plant. So 500+ grams ish. Quite a bit to be fair and fits in with what BB is saying.

3 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Not quite but 2 autos in there even under an old tech dual spec hps is good for half a kilo ime

This was her in a 6 ltr but with another 6 much bigger plants

large.94D03ED1-C920-4246-92A8-A97F867F9C5A.jpeglarge.BBE811FC-A777-45EE-9FB9-A71997B309AA.jpeg

I got about 2 ounces off of her but she could have been grown much better.

and here is the tent full of autos 

large.3D59333C-7A79-4FCB-BC09-0D91F3583C26.jpeglarge.4050EB61-F336-461A-A302-5B129BA4E2F8.jpeglarge.41E7BF0B-B217-4056-9C07-81D468D76CBA.jpeg

definitely not 13g a plant but also definitely not anything that looks like a decent photoperiod.

that sweet gelato is really nice though. You would never know it was an auto from the buds it produces, tastes fit and is pretty strong. So I do like growing a little one of them every so often. 

7 people like this

On 21/12/2021 at 10:16 AM, MindSoup said:

@brock1 it's a real masterpiece brother, my only wish is that I could keep a mum (the other reason I don't really grow autos) because everyone who smoked a bit of that plant wanted more lol. The high was soaring and psychedelic, few times felt like the mushies where about to kick in. The terpene profile was next level, exotic and unique. I'll be getting more of anything you might bring to the table for sure. 

E2A all the best with your health problems. 

Maybe a project i can take on for the future. I hit my limits with autos at 21 weeks outdoor 18 weeks of flowering Sativa auto here twice. Maybe a auto like the auto affy that will keep growing at 24hr light so people can keep a mother around could be on the cards for my next auto project :yep:

2 people like this

In that space why not go for 3 or 4 in the biggest pots that fit the space, then you can just keep it rotating, one flavour/strain in, one out  

Z

@Whatwentwrong can you talk me through your drying / cure process, from your pics I have a similar drying situation but can't seem to get it right seems they're drying too quickly 

3 hours ago, 5Lip said:

@Whatwentwrong can you talk me through your drying / cure process, from your pics I have a similar drying situation but can't seem to get it right seems they're drying too quickly 

how long do you hang them.

i only give it a five day hang because I can’t switch the extraction of so it drys quite quick. When the leaves are crispy and the outer cm ish of the buds are dry I take them out.

I then remove the buds from the plant, trim it, stick it into big pet jars (I have 3ltr ones for this and 500ml ones for storage) for 24hrs to draw the moisture that’s still left in the bud out to rest of the bud basically equalise the buds moisture so it’s even. It’ll still be really wet at this point but the bud will have changed. I don’t know how to explain it, spongier.

I then use a drying net/rack thing in a different wardrobe with no extraction and leave them to dry for 24hrs. I repeat this process with the jar 24 hrs a time in each repeating until the bud is close to where I want it. I then start to burp the jars, sometimes going back to the net if needed.

I dont like weed you can crumble with your fingers and I find if you dry down to 40% you then cure at 60% so you go past the right point and then back up to it adding moisture back into the bud. This always creates weed that just falls apart for me. I know professional farms do it this way but it takes longer.

My weed, I feel anyway, is in perfect smoking condition in about 8 - 10 days depending on how dense the nugs are. People comment on how nice it can be so I know I’m doing something right. 

I personally feel that the mud dry jar is important as it draws the moisture out and changes the bud (for the good like) I’ll upload more pics now. Easier to say it with pictures

this is seedstockers cookies and cream and it’s epic.

large.CAAC14FF-9736-4C4F-B60D-EBEEA72FD052.jpeglarge.A5F86A83-8CB9-4899-9ABE-E48024B757C6.jpeg

I can’t really show you what I mean about the bud changing from a mid dry jar but this the underneath

large.16D80CD9-9BAD-4DEB-8C85-442719DF699D.jpeg

and then it doesn’t just powder up and be gritty like over dry weed can do

large.F960DCD0-8B6D-4FE8-845A-A299FBFEA868.jpeg

I am sorry to hijack the thread but @RUFUS HOUND I’ve seen you post around in the seed stockers threads and here asking about autos and I know @Shumroom mentioned @Seedstockers-Mark’s exceptionally generous offer of getting a pack of seeds in exchange for a diary. I would do just that. Don’t mess around with autos, some are good some are not and more are not than are. 

Doing an auto will probably take 3 months anyway if you use a decent size pot (2.5 at least, they are never 8 weeks it’s full on bullshit). This cookie and cream with a 1 month veg and a 60 day flower will out produce any auto and provide far better buds all whilst costing you less on the electricity. 

even if you just buy them, 10 seeds would set you back a whole £45 and you get a free gift pack with it. Just make the choice, get some seeds and start growing. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
4 people like this

have I pissed you off or something :wacko:

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
dupe

7 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

how long do you hang them.

i only give it a five day hang because I can’t switch the extraction of so it drys quite quick. When the leaves are crispy and the outer cm ish of the buds are dry I take them out.

I then remove the buds from the plant, trim it, stick it into big pet jars (I have 3ltr ones for this and 500ml ones for storage) for 24hrs to draw the moisture that’s still left in the bud out to rest of the bud basically equalise the buds moisture so it’s even. It’ll still be really wet at this point but the bud will have changed. I don’t know how to explain it, spongier.

I then use a drying net/rack thing in a different wardrobe with no extraction and leave them to dry for 24hrs. I repeat this process with the jar 24 hrs a time in each repeating until the bud is close to where I want it. I then start to burp the jars, sometimes going back to the net if needed.

I dont like weed you can crumble with your fingers and I find if you dry down to 40% you then cure at 60% so you go past the right point and then back up to it adding moisture back into the bud. This always creates weed that just falls apart for me. I know professional farms do it this way but it takes longer.

My weed, I feel anyway, is in perfect smoking condition in about 8 - 10 days depending on how dense the nugs are. People comment on how nice it can be so I know I’m doing something right. 

I personally feel that the mud dry jar is important as it draws the moisture out and changes the bud (for the good like) I’ll upload more pics now. Easier to say it with pictures

this is seedstockers cookies and cream and it’s epic.

large.CAAC14FF-9736-4C4F-B60D-EBEEA72FD052.jpeglarge.A5F86A83-8CB9-4899-9ABE-E48024B757C6.jpeg

I can’t really show you what I mean about the bud changing from a mid dry jar but this the underneath

large.16D80CD9-9BAD-4DEB-8C85-442719DF699D.jpeg

and then it doesn’t just powder up and be gritty like over dry weed can do

large.F960DCD0-8B6D-4FE8-845A-A299FBFEA868.jpeg

I am sorry to hijack the thread but @RUFUS HOUND I’ve seen you post around in the seed stockers threads and here asking about autos and I know @Shumroom mentioned @Seedstockers-Mark’s exceptionally generous offer of getting a pack of seeds in exchange for a diary. I would do just that. Don’t mess around with autos, some are good some are not and more are not than are. 

Doing an auto will probably take 3 months anyway if you use a decent size pot (2.5 at least, they are never 8 weeks it’s full on bullshit). This cookie and cream with a 1 month veg and a 60 day flower will out produce any auto and provide far better buds all whilst costing you less on the electricity. 

even if you just buy them, 10 seeds would set you back a whole £45 and you get a free gift pack with it. Just make the choice, get some seeds and start growing. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I've got a bit to learn regarding drying / curing but this helps

17 hours ago, brock1 said:

Maybe a auto like the auto affy that will keep growing at 24hr light so people can keep a mother around could be on the cards for my next auto project :yep:

Wow I didn't even know thats a thing, do you mean RGSCs auto affie? 

1 person likes this

@Whatwentwrong thanks for your input - Still new to this, so dont know the timing of strains and autos/photos - I just dont want to get stuck with an unknown seed again and it taking 8 month to get anything Hence thinking of the autos.

Just now, MindSoup said:

Wow I didn't even know thats a thing, do you mean RGSCs auto affie? 

I believe theirs is from this line. Its a Canadian selection that as phenos that grow under 24hr light so you still need to switch the light down like a phone. So I didn't see the point in it really. To be honest I just thought is a light sensitive strain like a semi auto/fast version that you can use to mother.

1 person likes this

Oh yeah tbf I've seen a few semi/fast strains that warn to veg under 24hrs to stop them autoing now I think of it. 

1 person likes this

On 22/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, Whatwentwrong said:

You grow them for a quick turn around but they can take just as long.

I grow them* for the 600+ extra hours of light in flower, and if Rufus is still rocking the 70W then maximising the time it's on might be a much bigger plus overall than speed or whatever. The light will almost certainly be the limiting factor, and having it on more of the time just seems the best improvement to make without upgrading stuff.