Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Canna Denfour20

60x60x140, 90W 1 or 2 plants

24 posts in this topic

Hi, guys.

I've read sticky topic How Many Plants In My Space BUT I am too thick to "convert" all the info for my grow ... 

My question is:
How many plants can I grow in my BudBox Lite 60cmx60cmx140cm under 90W?

I am thinking about two photo-period plants into 3 gallon (11L) square pots as a final pots. Pot size is 26D x 24W x 20H centimetres. Training: topping, LST and SCRoG 

Really like @highgrower plants and thinking to try something similar BUT 90W are too weak for 4 plants :-( 

large_sd.jpg.31151f91fd680d11bf9eecd0ef3

All advices much appreciated!

Have a nice and warm evening everyone!:hippy: 

Looks to me you have been massively overwatering them....

I play with a 90x90 240w(220w) and have 8 crammed in there now at different stages and deffo too tight, they did better vegging than i expected

In a 60x60 depends what youre objective is.

4 in no more than 10ltr pots with 6-8 branches per plant would give you a nice little setup.

Your bottleneck is the 90w's but i think you can still pull more than you expect.

Just my 2p worth of opinion.
Good luck!

3 people like this

That pic was of my grow - they had been over fed after being too cold - i think i pulled almost 300g from that grow under 220w scope v1

I would probably go for between 2 and 4 plants in about 20 litres of compost - i rekon you should be able to pull somewhere from 100-150g from 90w of led.

Edited by highgrower
4 people like this

Just now, highgrower said:

That pic was of my grow - they had been over fed after being too cold - i think i pulled almost 300g from that grow under 220w scope v1

I would probably go for between 2 and 4 plants in about 20 litres of compost - i rekon you should be able to pull somewhere from 100-150g from 90w of led.

Thanks, mate! Yeah I will grow in Eco life compost with biochar from indoors organics. Need to order more bags if I go for 20 litres as I am planning to start from 0.5l nursery pot than transplant into 3.5/4l pot top them let them to settle and stright into finals till finish 

Just now, Thai Stick said:

Looks to me you have been massively overwatering them....

I play with a 90x90 240w(220w) and have 8 crammed in there now at different stages and deffo too tight, they did better vegging than i expected

In a 60x60 depends what youre objective is.

4 in no more than 10ltr pots with 6-8 branches per plant would give you a nice little setup.

Your bottleneck is the 90w's but i think you can still pull more than you expect.

Just my 2p worth of opinion.
Good luck!

Thanks for answering, mate! 4 plants sounds very optimistic as I was sceptical more about lights rather than space. I want to top them ti keep short and 6-8 branches sounds good to scrog. 

1 person likes this

Could you up the light anymore? I used to use around 300w growing 2 autos in the same size.

There's plenty of budget options for lights about

1 person likes this

If I was going from cut I'd be inclined to use 3.5ltr pots and do 4 depending on the strain, anything not too side branchy and you could do 6, but if it's seed I'd do 2 6ltrs or 1 11ltr myself. 

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, KC said:

If I was going from cut I'd be inclined to use 3.5ltr pots and do 4 depending on the strain, anything not too side branchy and you could do 6, but if it's seed I'd do 2 6ltrs or 1 11ltr myself. 

That's like a scaled up version of what I did in my 60cm x 40cm x 60cm propagation tent grow from seed with royal dwarfs under a SF-1000 100Watter dimmed to no more than 60W... Sounds about right to me too!

I've only 10 or so grows under my belt in almost as many different grow rooms, so I am not as experienced as many here.  If they veg well, with 2 plants, you probably won't have more room than you'd want after have done your HST, LST and SCRoG :)
I know some go with one big one, but I haven't been confident enough to step down from 2 as I've made a few mistakes along the way and there are plenty more to go :lookaround: I like having one in reserve in case, but if you're not growing autos, that's less of an issue :)

Edited by MidgeSmith
2 people like this

The grow methods play apart in the answer.

Also depends on how efficient the LED diodes are.

I grew 2 mainlined plants in the same footprint with 100w XS 1000(UK version more efficient than EU and US)

large.20210928_190311.jpg

But my current grow I'm experimenting with 4 plants in smaller pots mainlining but with 4 tops each. This way I should be able to have the same amount of tops as before(16 pic above) but be able to use the space in the front right not being used in the pic above. And also gives me more control over rotating the pots to buds clashing into each other. Hopefully my experiment works lol

large.20211122_003615.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
Add pic
2 people like this

9 hours ago, anarchycamp said:

Could you up the light anymore? I used to use around 300w growing 2 autos in the same size.

There's plenty of budget options for lights about

Thanks, mate. Not ATM. These lights part of WI FI controller and programmers looking for a solution to use different brands.

Edited by Canna Denfour20

8 hours ago, KC said:

Thanks for advice, mate. I go with seed from SEEDSTOCKERS . 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

That's like a scaled up version of what I did in my 60cm x 40cm x 60cm propagation tent grow from seed with royal dwarfs under a SF-1000 100Watter dimmed to no more than 60W... Sounds about right to me too!

I've only 10 or so grows under my belt in almost as many different grow rooms, so I am not as experienced as many here.  If they veg well, with 2 plants, you probably won't have more room than you'd want after have done your HST, LST and SCRoG :)
I know some go with one big one, but I haven't been confident enough to step down from 2 as I've made a few mistakes along the way and there are plenty more to go :lookaround: I like having one in reserve in case, but if you're not growing autos, that's less of an issue :)

Thanks, mate. I have zero grows and current is microgrow and much appreciate your advice . Looks to me 2 plants is the option then

1 person likes this

@Military Grade

Thanks, mate. Will check your diary interesting to see your experiment.

What pot sizes you grow in two mainlined plants???

Thinking to try double mainlining (4 branches) lst and then scrog. 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
1 person likes this

in my first grow, of 2 autos, in my 60x60x120, i had a lot of issues but was pleased with what i could see was the future on the space - with a 110w led.

it seems to me that two and three pots, 3 gallon (us), will take careful management to fill the space - see posts above, but four will be overkill.

Personally i would rather aim for less plants and manage them strictly, but a lot of that is legal paranoia speaking.

I also know that if i do right then 2 (or 3) plants will be enough.

i would also prefer to know it was my skill (or learning) that got the result rather than the number of plants.

Obvioulsy, less plants = more growing risk from diseases etc, but more plants has other downsides.

I think it also may depend on auto vs photo. you say photo; mine were auto. Auto were really difficult to control, so i am hoping photo has big benefits in vegging to fit space with fewer plants.

My next grow is a 1 and a half! I am going for a pot noodle and a fully begged heavily managed photo to fill the rest of the space. all in hydro. Or it might be 2.5. I havent bought the hydro bucket yet!

My 'cherry just popped' 2p worth. but ive done an awful lot of other growing and plant training.

1 person likes this

Thanks for answering, mate. Ordered 3 gal 11L pots and will go with two atm. Got 0 experience hence to start from small is better. I choose photos exactly for the training and forgiving reasons in case of my mess with watering, nourishing and etc ...

My plan ATM start from 0.5 nursing pots than transfer them into 3,5/4l pots give them training (topping, lst ) and finish in final pots 11l / 3 gal with scrog. 

Will see when it come to practice 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Canna Denfour20 said:

What pot sizes you grow in two mainlined plants???

3 Gallons :yep:

2 people like this