Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

decarb gone wrong

17 posts in this topic

Hi folks. Ok im wanting to get into edibles/capsules etc for obvious reasons. I bought myself a Magical butter machine with the decarb box and decided to use a litre of olive oil for my first go. To this I added 2.5oz of wedding crasher. I filled the decarb box & done everything it said with the probe etc but the problem is I think is my oven. I had to have it up at like 160C for it to read 120C on the probe/thermometer. My bud looked fucked after the decarb, was all brown & looked ruined?? is this normal? So I added the bud & olive oil to the machine & selected the oil setting & away it went. I was expecting to get minced from this oil which I put into OOO size capsules. I started off by squirting 20ml of oil down my throat & felt nothing so I took another 10ml but still nothing. Next day I ended up taking around 100ml but still nothing.

What do you guys think, will it be my cooker? Ive not done anymore runs just incase it is my oven. Im puzzled.

Any help guys n gals?

1 person likes this

Yes the bud should look brown, it's been in an oven for 30 mins I assume, at 120c.

Why it's not working I don't know. 20ml is a high dose. 

I have heard some people aren't affected by edibles. 100ml would take out an elephant lol

I don't find 000 caps are big enough for just oil, try Decarbing weed putting that in the capsule then soaking it in oil. If that doesn't work then it's down to your endocannabinoid system. 

Edited by KC
Extras
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, KC said:

Yes the bud should look brown, it's been in an oven for 30 mins I assume, at 120c.

Why it's not working I don't know. 20ml is a high dose. 

I have heard some people aren't affected by edibles. 100ml would take out an elephant lol

I don't find 000 caps are big enough for just oil, try Decarbing weed putting that in the capsule then soaking it in oil. If that doesn't work then it's down to your endocannabinoid system. 

thanks for your reply m8 much appreciated 

still puzzled tho lol. ive just bought a nebula boost which is arriving tomorrow so I'll try again with coconut oil this time see how it goes. I'll report back!

2 people like this

Good luck, I hope it works for you. They say Coconut oil is better at extracting the goodies than olive oil but I've not found much difference myself. First time I had the olive oil was the most stoned I've been in my adult life I swear.

I do love my Nebula Boost :) 

3 people like this

Just now, KC said:

Good luck, I hope it works for you. They say Coconut oil is better at extracting the goodies than olive oil but I've not found much difference myself. First time I had the olive oil was the most stoned I've been in my adult life I swear.

I do love my Nebula Boost :) 

at least I'll know its decarbing right for piece of mind

1 person likes this

sitting decarbing 3oz of gelato cake to mix with 1ltr of coconut oil. Using the Nebula boost, having to do it 1oz at a time as its quite small. Feel like its xmas lol excited for this run just hope it does what im wanting it to do & thats get me seriously stoned. We shall see, fingers crossed

As one of the people @KC mentioned I can confirm some people are almost immune to edibles.

I like making chocolates and often make medibles for Mrs Pump.

A usual choc run for me is 3g of bubble hash rosin decarboxylated and added to the soft centres of 15 chocolates which using purest bro science makes each chocolate around 200mg give or take because it's all guesswork.

I can bosh 5 of these down my neck without them even touching the sides yet one puts my best mate into a coma.

Everyone is different , best of luck and I hope this run has you melting into the soft furnishings!

:yinyang:

3 people like this

No point making 3oz worth, you don't know if it will work. I do about 10g in my boost to about 200ml (max) of oil. 

It's hard to get much more in lol

4 people like this

Use 500ml oil (MCT) to - 2 Oz of flower. 

2-3 ml gets me pretty blazed 

Remember to use lectin too, prefabley sunflower. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, KC said:

No point making 3oz worth, you don't know if it will work. I do about 10g in my boost to about 200ml (max) of oil. 

It's hard to get much more in lol

too late now m8 its in the machine! lol thinking about it I should have done less until I perfect it

thanks Jack, I used lecithin too

Anyone who claims they aren't effected by edibles is either buying/making rubbish products or they have no liver or endocannabinoid system. 

Overdosing can be a 24hr whitey for the uninitiated. This is tumour shrinking dosing.. :yep:

Here's a thread of making vegan capsules using cacao butter and sift. Just 2 ingredients, heat and time in a size 00 (1ml) vegetarian capsule. Potent and pure. 

And if you need tips on making the sift it's cheap, easy and clean compared to bubblehash! (Better tasting edibles too!) :yep:

Hope these help, stop stinking out the house baking flower in domestic ovens.  Decarb in oil is superior in manyh ways. :guitar:

4 people like this

so 2hrs after taking 20ml of my new batch & im defo feeling something. racey heart & fuzzy eyesight with my ears feeling hot lol im tempted to take more but im not gonna fall into that trap as ive had too big a dose before of edibles, thought I was gonna whitey but fell asleep instead. Thats how I know edibles work with me :) I'll just take 30ml tomorrow & go from there I think & try not get silly. Its the only way to find my perfect dosage lol this post is taking wayyyy longer than it should have done too & I fookin luv it :) one happy chappy

3 people like this

Makes me wonder what happened to that first batch, very strange!

2 people like this

Just now, KC said:

Makes me wonder what happened to that first batch, very strange!

me too m8 im thinking my oven had something to do with it but who knows. Im still taking the olive oil caps tho incase they work in other ways to heal the body kinda thing. No point wasting it like

here's a pic of my coconut oil after going through the screen. Does that colour look right to you m8?

large.619ffb048f3b2_IMG_2573666.jpg

2 people like this

If that was done in the Nebula Boost then no, not at all. I find in the magic butter it comes out a lot darker as the blades chop it up so you get loads of chlorophyll in it. The Boost doesn't chop so it comes out totally different.

I've got a picture of the two actually large.coconutred.jpg

Boost on the left, MB on the right

Edited by KC
just a note but chlorophyll is meant to be good for you
5 people like this