Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Military Grade

Time based Thermostat's

25 posts in this topic

Anyone know if the Inkbird ITC308Wifi has the same day and night targets feature?

On 26/10/2021 at 6:08 AM, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Yeah the Inkbird ITC-306T.

Hi fella just a quick question, I see the Inkbird ITC-306T has to heat plug sockets instead of Heat and Cooling, This had made me wonder to use both lights on and off feature do you need to use a tube heater in both sockets or can you just use the one tube heater and control lights on and off temps from the single socket?

Edited by Military Grade

Just now, Military Grade said:

do you need to use a tybe heater in both sockets

No mate.

One heater is fine. It's just a double socket for two heaters. They will both run when heat is called for.

It's a good unit.

It's worth downloading the manual and printing out the part that has all the parameters listed in a handy reference table. There's a whole load of settings and at first it's not obvious what all the LCD display abbreviations stand for.

ATB

1 person likes this

Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

No mate.

One heater is fine. It's just a double socket for two heaters. They will both run when heat is called for.

It's a good unit.

It's worth downloading the manual and printing out the part that has all the parameters listed in a handy reference table. There's a whole load of settings and at first it's not obvious what all the LCD display abbreviations stand for.

ATB

Thanks for the reply mate:yep:

That sounds brilliant, I wanted to avoid having to get two tube heaters to save on costs and space.

I'll have a Google for a pdf manual.

Thanks again

10 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I'll have a Google for a pdf manual.

If you're not blind as a bat like me you might get on with the included microprint manual :-)

1 person likes this

I had to watch a video to work out my ITC-306T lol the instructions and controls make absolutely no sense to me and seem to reset themselves if you take too long, once its set up though it's brilliant and very reliable. 

2 people like this

53 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

I had to watch a video to work out my ITC-306T lol the instructions and controls make absolutely no sense to me and seem to reset themselves if you take too long, once its set up though it's brilliant and very reliable. 

I've just watched one,it's a great bit of kit ad next on my shopping list.

Turned cold last night so it'll be on my cart soon.

57 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

seem to reset themselves if you take too long

That's why I recommend printing off the "cheat sheet".

Maybe make a list before you start so you can work through the menu and enter your settings without pausing and timing out etc.

My other top tip is to forgo adjusting the time for daylight saving. My lights and heating timers run GMT 365.

It's a lot less pissing about :-)

3 people like this

A slightly more expensive alternative to the Inkbird is to use the Micro Climate EVO Reptile thermostat.

Advantage over the Inkbird is that it has two channels, both of which can be be programmed with 8 time periods and one can be used as a cooling channel so will run an AC unit if required.

On top of that the unit has a graph function which shows last 24h period in terms of temp in your room. Good for seeing if you have periods that are problematic in terms of heat or cold...

I use one in conjunction with a GAS Enviro V2 which takes care of fans and humidity.

Just be aware that the MAX output per channel is 600w so if running a larger heater or an AC unit you will need to run them via Relays.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:32 AM, plantters said:

A slightly more expensive alternative to the Inkbird is to use the Micro Climate EVO Reptile thermostat.

Advantage over the Inkbird is that it has two channels, both of which can be be programmed with 8 time periods and one can be used as a cooling channel so will run an AC unit if required.

On top of that the unit has a graph function which shows last 24h period in terms of temp in your room. Good for seeing if you have periods that are problematic in terms of heat or cold...

I use one in conjunction with a GAS Enviro V2 which takes care of fans and humidity.

Just be aware that the MAX output per channel is 600w so if running a larger heater or an AC unit you will need to run them via Relays.

So..... My Microclimate packed up, heating circuit always on whatever the controller says and for various reasons it is no longer made by the company. As this is my second one which has now done the same as the first I am guessing some quality of components issues at play

Having the need to allow use of an ac unit as well as heaters I had a hard job finding something that would do the job as well as the microclimate evo.

Turns out that Inkbird do a controller which seems to tick all the boxes.

ITC 310T

two channel, heating and cooling and timer function to allow for different day and night temps, considerably cheaper than the Microclimate unit too.

2 people like this