Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Military Grade

Time based Thermostat's

25 posts in this topic

Been thinking about a thermostat to control a tube heater but want one that can control two different temperature targets based on lights on and off.

I would rather avoid have to buy two tube heaters and two thermostats and having to run both off two smart plugs.

Anyone know of a thermostat that has this feature?

Edited by Military Grade
spelling
1 person likes this

@Military Grade morning :)

Have a look at the reptile inkbird I think that does what you want.

Atb

:oldtoker:

Edited by Clumsy
306T
3 people like this

Yeah the Inkbird ITC-306T.

I have one. They're very good.

I was thinking about future upgrades for my setup and a related question occurred to me.

How do people control different lights on lights off temperatures with these ac infinity 67 controllers?

Am I right in thinking there's no time function?

That might suit me while I'm running autos 24/7 but what about photos?

4 people like this

9 hours ago, Clumsy said:

@Military Grade morning :)

Have a look at the reptile inkbird I think that does what you want.

Atb

:oldtoker:

7 hours ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Yeah the Inkbird ITC-306T.

I have one. They're very good.

I was thinking about future upgrades for my setup and a related question occurred to me.

How do people control different lights on lights off temperatures with these ac infinity 67 controllers?

That might suit me while I'm running autos 24/7 but what about photos?

Thanks I'll take a look later and see if they suit my needs :yep:

1 person likes this

Yep that Inkbird ITC-306T looks like it is the one for the job. Thanks guys appreciate it:bong:

3 people like this

On 26/10/2021 at 6:08 AM, Wacky Wardrobe said:

That's a really good question. I can't believe that I hadn't thought if it :doh: I had a different model in my basket. The whole lights on/lights off temp target thing had completely escaped my mind. The ITC-306T looks like the one I need. Glad you asked that @Military Grade:yep:  

But yeah - if I have different targets for my heating controller 67 will be stuck on the one setting, I think? I think there's an updated controller version coming out - maybe it has the capability  

Edited by Gaijin
atrocious spelling
1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

I think there's an updated controller version coming out - maybe it has the capability

It would make sense if they really are being designed for our purposes as opposed to applications where a single temperature and humidity range is required 24/7.

1 person likes this

The 67 doesn't do a great job of keeping temps/humidity at an exact point, in fact if you set a low temp trigger it will actually ramp up the fans at that temp which obviously isn't gunna work 99% of the time (at least in the UK) it does the same for low humidity triggers pretty major flaw really.

Controlling humidity with fan speed isn't very effective IME, as you bring in more air the temps drop (unless your intake temp is se as tent) which then lowers the airs ability to absorb moisture and makes your heaters work overtime driving up electricity costs,.so really thay whole feature is fairly useless unless paired with other equipment. 

What is is useful for is setting a max temperature and tracking your temp/humidity. 

Edited by MindSoup

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

What is is useful for is setting a max temperature and tracking your temp/humidity. 

Yeah. I suppose just a max temp and humidity setting would be ok and manually set the normal running fan speed.

The ITC- 306T should take care of the desired temperatures day and night.

I guess that makes sense. Cheers

2 people like this

Nah don't set a max humidity, all it does is suck all the heat out of the tent, then when it slows down the humidity comes back almost straight away and you know have a cold humid tent lol and on top of thay cooler air can't hold as much moisture. So it would work, but only if intake temps where exactly what you wanted inside the tent. 

Edited by MindSoup
1 person likes this

I was planning on the AC Infinity fans/67, oil heater on an inkbird, heat mat on a rootit controller, dehumidifier and humidifier on yet another inkbird. I want to get the temp/humidity right in the "lung room", before it's sucked into the tent. I have a feeling I might be overcomplicating things lol I'm not sure :D A question I have: would you have your sensors at canopy level inside the tent, using those readings to adjust the air that's outside the tent, before it goes inside the tent? If you see what I mean :rofl: 

Yeah that would all work lovely. If you want to nail temperature a ducting heater might be a nice neat solution. Yes have the sensors in the tent. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah that would all work lovely. If you want to nail temperature a ducting heater might be a nice neat solution. Yes have the sensors in the tent. 

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I can't wait to get started :D Will be moved by the middle of next month and then it's on lol 

I hadn't thought about a duct heater. hadn't even considered them. I guess they come with their own probe? No clue, I better go take a look. Recommendations welcome, of course :yep: Thanks for your wise words mate 

Not long now mate, will be worth the wait for sure, plus all this time you've been learning so touch wood you've got a good chance of pulling it ofr first grow.

Yeah I think some of them do, I've not ever used one myself but when I eventually get a bigger space to grow in I'll probably go thay way, not the cheapest option upfront but easily the slickest.

1 person likes this

I use the Inkbird 308 WiFi. Fantastic but of kit. Custom rules: first one reads "when temp is 30c set humidity controller (a different inkbird) to 60%" 

large.612f4b65cf19f_inkbird1.jpglarge.612f4b668754f_inkbird2.jpg

2 people like this