Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SwiftyGreen

2.4x1.2 and Lumetek Zeus's Pros

As titled just about to purchase the LED units and I'm currently needing to rejig extraction. 

Current extraction 10 inch box fan and oversized 12 inch filter this coped with things nicely through summer with 2x600 GPS but I'm guess massive overkill for the LED's.

Now is anyone rocking anything comparable as I have an idea of extraction needs of LED.

I need the head space I'm thinking I could blow through the 12 inch CF and slow the fan right down but I do not like doing that.

I could get an carboair inline CF but I dont actually know the air rate of my box fan so if it's a hi powered item the carboairs aren't rated high enough for my liking.

If I can use a massively scaled down extraction setup I like to be well informed before wasting money on kit I'm going to be unhappy with.

Any help guys would be great :yinyang:

Edited by SwiftyGreen
1 person likes this

I would go for a quality EC fan and filter set ups the old box fans are quite inefficient compared to today’s offerings , the brand of filters you mention are reputable they also do EC fans controllers etc . There’s also the site sponsor sells cheaper EC fans with controllers that most people  are happy with since they updated the controllers etc .:oldtoker:

6 people like this

@Arthur Mix 

Thanks for the reply yup I know the box fans are crap it was just a stop gap for a while I've had better fans in the past.

I've been keeping an eye on the systemairs EC range which i would like one of the but what size would you recommend for my setup i like the idea of the 250mm controlled right back on a GAS controller for stealth along side the phonic trap duct I'm already running but the Carboair filters wont cover that flow rate so I'm still stuck as regards which way to go.

Have you any ideas? I meant to put in OP that I dont know the cooling needs of an LED setup yet so it's unchartered grounds. 

2 people like this

I use a 10" system air ec fan on an inline carboair filter, which is smaller than standard volume.  I use that for a 3x1.5m space.  You could probably get away with 8" but would lose on noise and fan life, so oversize is better imo. 

Edited by fatboy77
3 people like this

no one has asked where your room is? tent in house? loft? garage or?

also how many lights? what wattage 600s? 1000? . again im presuming 2  x 600wattters

if its in a house id go downsize fair bit, id go 8 inch, which would probably be running about 60-70% , outside/garage shed etc  i reckon you could go even lower in size.

iwas honestly shocked at how little heat my scopex680 puts out, its next to nothing . it was actually too efficient, i had to add heat.

Edited by badbillybob

depending on the above post, you may just want to circulate that hot air to keep your room temps up for LED anyway - you might want to manage the temps rather than extraction...Good air culation will also manage thr temps to a certain degree as well. You wont need nearly as much extraction as you might have done previously.

Edited by zeroG

10 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

would go for a quality EC fan and filter set ups the old box fans are quite inefficient compared to today’s offerings , the brand of filters you mention are reputable they also do EC fans controllers

Perhaps less efficient but an 8 inch box fan shifts twice the volume of air an 8 inch ec fan.

Nice and quiet too

They may well move more air but they don’t handle pressures as well. Tbh I used a few and changed them out years ago 

1 person likes this

Ah this is going to get pricey that's for sure. 

Yup I remember seeing charts on how the box fans coped with pressure and how they drop off massively and are also over rated buy many companies but are certainly quiet for the air they shift if you have the right ducting.

I did think about recirculating the heat in the room rather then venting to the loft as I'm currently doing with some air going into a manifold and venting out of a couple of roof vents...but you would certainly run into humidity issues then and need a fairly decent sized dehumidifier I should of thought.

I think I'm going to have to save and just blow through my 12 inch filter for now as the lights are a big enough spend already.

@fatboy77 Alright mate thanks for your input once again, so your rocking the 10inch systemair ec on the 10 inch carboair inline with no issues?

Edited by SwiftyGreen
1 person likes this

Just now, SwiftyGreen said:

@fatboy77 Alright mate thanks for your input once again, so your rocking the 10inch systemair ec on the 10 inch carboair inline with no issues?

Aye.  Rarely have I had it above 40%, no need.  If recirculating you would need a dehumidifier in later flower and added co2.  Ball ache. 

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

Aye.  Rarely have I had it above 40%, no need.  If recirculating you would need a dehumidifier in later flower and added co2.  Ball ache. 

Ah makes sense if running at 40% or thereabouts that you wouldn't have an issue.

Yup regards the recirculating goes against everything I've ever done it's all about fresh air exchange and appears a real arsed backwards way of doing things no offence to people that opt for this method but I think yield would suffer as a result but would keep running costs down and a minimal setup.

Edited by SwiftyGreen
2 people like this

You could heat your intake air…box and a heater would do the trick. 

On 14/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

Perhaps less efficient but an 8 inch box fan shifts twice the volume of air an 8 inch ec fan.

Nice and quiet too

can be not much in it was using 8” 1500m3  box fan just changed to silence revolution 8” fan it’s 1300m3 so not much in it but running 2x lumatek Zeus pros and if he’s gonna go that way iv mine dimmed right down on the gas enviro 2 controller gonna try it on 2x 600hps that are in there see how it copes

TS

Thats good @Sinner man I admit I've not looked at all brands.

Was just from memory when looking at the ac infinity ec fans.

Iirc the 8 inch only chucks out 800m3