Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clickster

Too much love

Hello out there, I'm a newbie and accidentally put too much Nute's in my Deep Water Culture and you can taste it in the smoke.  In Flush Mode now. Is it going to be ok?

You can't flush out what's already been uptaken by the plant. Flushing wont rectify this.

Lesson learned, chalk it up to experience. 

Easiest way to ruin smoke is too much nutrients.

Hope it's not too bad for you 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
1 person likes this

Have you got a photo of what your plants look like.

do they look like they are over fed, are they clawed or tip burnt badly.

you can’t remove what is in the plant but the plant will use it up if it has time.

how long do you have left for harvest.

2 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

can’t remove what is in the plant but the plant will use it up if it has time

Doesn't really work like that. Overfed and subsequently starved faded out weed will still smoke like a pile of burning dog turds ime

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Clickster said:

Hello out there, I'm a newbie and accidentally put too much Nute's in my Deep Water Culture and you can taste it in the smoke.  In Flush Mode now. Is it going to be ok?

are you saying you flash dried some weed early and are still growing those plants?

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

Doesn't really work like that. Overfed and subsequently starved faded out weed will still smoke like a pile of burning dog turds ime

I don’t overly disagree with that but they may have two weeks left and time to ease it out and they are just panicking, or thinking their plants are closer to being done than they really are. 

taking an early bud is pointless really. I do it when I have no weed but I know the end result won’t taste like that dodgy bud does.

also, if the only sign of over feeding is the taste then a proper flush should certainly help. Let the plant use some of what is stored. 

things like silicon never really go though, I find anyway. I only use it very early in veg but I think the buds taste better without it.

Can't argue with that. If it's a sample from a plant dried quick he might just be panicking over nothing. 

Let's have a pic if we can. We can tell you if you need to worry from previous overfeeding 

All the best

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Have you got a photo of what your plants look like.

do they look like they are over fed, are they clawed or tip burnt badly.

you can’t remove what is in the plant but the plant will use it up if it has time.

how long do you have left for harvest.

about four weeks

Just now, Clickster said:

about four weeks

they look great... just smell and taste at first pull but then killer Bubble Gum

4 weeks, have no fear then mate.

quick dried hydroponic weed would taste  nutrient solutiony whilst your in mid flower.

you know you have a high saturation level so ease it out slowly. Lower nutes each res change until you flush at the end. 

id say it’s too early to be in flush mode though, last two weeks at most.

1 person likes this

Why are you smoking weed 4 weeks into flower? 

Madness

No gauge at all

4 people like this

19 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Why are you smoking weed 4 weeks into flower? 

Its over extending the word flower at 4/5 weeks. Smoking white pistils. 

i did wonder though my mates plants are about half way through and quite frosty. Would his trichomes grow back if I gave his plants a sneaky rub next time he pops the shop.

I’ll try and get at the back kolas so he doesn’t notice like lol

I know the charras makers can do it a few times but they have fields and huge plants.  So I doubt they’d rub the same plant twice.