Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OneMorePuff

Best dry herb vape for mouth to lung vaping?

58 posts in this topic

I can’t recommend S&B Mighty enough, the only downside I experience  is heat up time, but if your prepared with capsules drop one in switch on kettle, get a cuppa going and enjoy a relaxing and mellow experience. Cool and clean hits and highs with massive vapour. (Depending on you products quality)

Dynavap for fast on the go hits, currently using the BB9 stem and I love it lots. Yes it’s delicate but I keep it in an aluminium Raw tube.

@Exhale You know I love my Tinymight dude, but the OP wants a tight, restrictive MTL draw with a narrow mouth piece. TM is pretty free-flowing, even with a stem full of beads 

2 people like this

@SYZYGY you don't need the restriction for a good hit though, the more airflow the better I find for taste and vapour production, you can get those new glass mouthpieces you can sip at (like I assume the OP is meaning) as mentioned by @M Pamplemousse I have a few lined up I want to try - as much as I like taking deep heady breaths with the wider mouthpieces I'm dying to find out what it's going to be like Sherlocking on the TM, too much shit to pay for at the moment lol I will get there soon as I need to treat my TM! maybe for xmas.

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, Exhale said:

a good hit

...is a very subjective, personal thing :) 

37 minutes ago, Exhale said:

the more airflow the better I find for taste

Fair enough, but for me (and likely the OP) the best taste experience comes from a very restricted draw, first into the mouth, rolled round the sinuses a bit maybe, then sucked back to hit the throat. As you would leisurely smoke a fag. 

The sherlock pipe + FP is a combo I'd very much like to try! 

3 people like this

Also to add, something I've noticed from years of using and selling vapes, both for nicotine and dry herb: the air restriction as the result of using a narrow mouth piece is quite a different experience to when the air flow is restricted at the intake. 

hang on a second..... I've had my Mighty and Volcano vapes for a while. What are you talking about, I've missed something here...  you're specifying between 'direct draw/direct to lung' and the, normal fag smoking technique of taking the vape in to your mouth then inhaling. Is that right? There are two techniques that are referenced in different vapes? 

4 people like this

33 minutes ago, Keye said:

you're specifying between 'direct draw/direct to lung' and the, normal fag smoking technique of taking the vape in to your mouth then inhaling. Is that right?

That's right man. In the world of nicotine vapes they're known by the acronyms DTL (direct to lung) and MTL (mouth to lung). In the shop, I explain the difference to new starters as the difference between using an ventolin inhaler or bong (DTL) and smoking a cigarette (MTL) - two completely different techniques for different machines.  

There's not many weed vapes that cater for the MTL crowd who are accustomed to joints rather than bongs. I've learned to adapt to enjoy the better, convection vapes out there. Still very much enjoy the odd spliff tho and I don't think the experience will be satisfyingly emulated any time soon. Strangely, I can't enjoy a weed vape and a black coffee together - the vape always takes on a strong taste of celery! 

Edited by SYZYGY
5 people like this

Thanks @SYZYGY I do both but I've never heard of these before! I don't use nicotine so I've never hit a regular vape; gave up well before they came out. I had no idea this existed but now you've detailed it I understand.

But, why? Is it to do with the heating mechanism? Or how the liquid is vaporised or something? What's the difference between two delivery systems that do DTL/MTL?

1 person likes this

Just now, SYZYGY said:

That's right man. In the world of nicotine vapes they're known by the acronyms DTL (direct to lung) and MTL (mouth to lung). In the shop, I explain the difference to new starters as the difference between using an ventolin inhaler or bong (DTL) and smoking a cigarette (MTL) - two completely different techniques for different machines.  

There's not many weed vapes that cater for the MTL crowd who are accustomed to joints rather than bongs.

What an educational post.

You have explained to me why I've yet to find a vape that really hits the spot and keep returning to joints.

E2a now I'll be on the lookout for a MTL vape, another to add to the fleet.

Also, of my 5 vapes the most MTLey is the Splinter, one that hasn't come up on this thread yet.

Edited by Absurdist
2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Keye said:

But, why? Is it to do with the heating mechanism? Or how the liquid is vaporised or something? What's the difference between two delivery systems that do DTL/MTL?

In the e-cig world, DTL vapes have a more open air flow throughout the whole pathway including mouthpiece as the vape is hotter (more power going to coil so much more liquid vaporised for every second). They also use more viscous liquid. 

The opposite is true with MTL vapes. A tight, restrictive draw emulates the cigarette experience in which negative pressure is created in the mouth - this can't happen without the restriction. 

5 minutes ago, Absurdist said:

You have explained to me why I've yet to find a vape that really hits the spot and keep returning to joints.

It happens with people using vapes to quit smoking fags too. Some folk think they have to buy something big and expensive (maybe as a gesture of dedication) but these are usually powerful DTL vapes... they don't get along with them and go back to fags. Cause they miss that throat hit!

Edited by SYZYGY
errors
2 people like this

@Absurdist Also worth mentioning that although I vape most of the time, nothing does hit the spot like a spliff. For me anyway.

I think it's a combination of the whole ritual and the entourage effect of the weed, carcinogens and oxygen deprivation. And I'm OK with that for it's all about harm reduction and a range of different canna experiences for me, rather than a strict desire to quit combusting altogether. 

Edited by SYZYGY
missing words
4 people like this

You're in the trade @SYZYGY , might be easier to answer - why two pathways? Is it just two technology possibilities and that's what's offered - or did people want to draw on them differently?

25 minutes ago, Keye said:

why two pathways?

All e-cigs started as MTL as their purpose was to emulate and replace cigarettes (early ones even looked like them). Later, a scene grew and folk started modding them and lowering the resistance of the coil in mechanical devices (no chip) to get more power from the battery. This became known as sub-ohming and resulted in a very hot vape - air intakes were widened, new mouth pieces designed etc. I think people liked the fact it became more like a bong experience. So that's what led to DTL vapes - the big cloudy buggers. 

With weed vapes, I'm willing to bet there's more bong and pipe users worldwide that ended up designing the vaporisers, and a large proportion of endusers too. 

Edited by SYZYGY
4 people like this

I struggled with the conversion to vaping (weed) until I attached the adaptor and used it with a bong.  

A much more agreeable experience for me personally :yep:

4 people like this

My brother uses a silicone tip to put his Mighty on to the bong cup. Works well! I think it's a great idea.

Thanks again @SYZYGY . So is this the difference between that PG and SG or something, the Paraglycol or something they put in the juice to make it work? And that's the big cloud/little mist difference?

1 person likes this